Did Jesus say that ?

nomanshake

Reaction score
Im a Muslim and what i've been reading at some websites is that Jesus did claim that he was the God? the son of God? was he really the son of God, coz the Islam said that God has no parents, kids, relatives friends or anything, he's unique, and then islam actually supports Jesus, and supports his claim that he'd return at some time back to Earth and then the Day of Judgement will come soon after that.
I'd like to know more about his claim to be the God, if he claimed himself the God, then why did he say that he was the son of God:confused: .

Kindest Regards, nomanshake, welcome to CR!

Oh my! The question you ask is a subject of debate and discussion even among Christians. There have been a number of threads devoted to this subject, they should not be difficult to find. In short, I think many Christians view Jesus as God manifest in flesh. Many Christians see Jesus more as Muslims do, as a very important teacher of righteousness. That is pretty much the whole story. There are of course many subchapters and differences of opinion, but it pretty much boils down to these two views.

If Jesus sad that he was a God it'd be like claiming the biggest sin according to Allah(God), so probably its more like the son of God..but then Quran said Allah never had a son, why dint Jesus just say that he was a special messnger sent by God or did he just say that too?

juantoo3 said:
Kindest Regards, nomanshake, welcome to CR!

Oh my! The question you ask is a subject of debate and discussion even among Christians. There have been a number of threads devoted to this subject, they should not be difficult to find. In short, I think many Christians view Jesus as God manifest in flesh. Many Christians see Jesus more as Muslims do, as a very important teacher of righteousness. That is pretty much the whole story. There are of course many subchapters and differences of opinion, but it pretty much boils down to these two views.
exactly. like the biggest debate of all time. :eek: <shake head>

nomanshake said:
If Jesus sad that he was a God it'd be like claiming the biggest sin according to Allah(God), so probably its more like the son of God..but then Quran said Allah never had a son, why dint Jesus just say that he was a special messnger sent by God or did he just say that too?
depends on if you are seeing SON OF GOD as in hercules son of Zeus, or you are seeing it as a man, the firstborn after the spirit of God.

i dont remember Jesus ever saying He was God, but in one place God refered (spoke) to (about) Jesus as God, explaining His throne as a sceptor.

i dont see Jesus IS God, but i do see Jesus AS God. You cannot seperate the father & son in eternity, so he may as well be God.:)

nomanshake said:
Jesus said "I Am Who Am..." He didn't claim to be a god. He stated He is God. God who became Man, to walk with and talk with and live with man, and eventually die for man. Then rise for man and defeat even death. He made it clear that He was in the Father and the Father was in Him. He also made it clear that He must leave for a while, so that the Holy Spirit may return (remember, in the OT, the Holy Spirit was upon the waters of the earth, before the advent of man). But, at one point, all three parts of this God Almighty were in the same spot at the same point of time. When John Baptised Jesus, the Spirit decended in the form of a Dove, and the Heavens sounded with the words, "This is my Son, in whom I am pleased." It was the only known time that all three parts of God were in one place, at one moment on Earth.

As a rational man, with a very rational and logical religious belief, I know how preposterous this must sound to you. But consider, you speak of Mohammed in the past (e.g. he was, he did, he proclaimed, he died), wherein Christians speak of Jesus in the present (He is, He does, He proclaims, He Lives).

Jesus said He will come again. The many parables He uses to emphasise this are cryptic, yet clear to those willing to research their meaning. They are very Jewish in nature and very old tradition based. However, we Christians accept that the Holy Spirit is here, now, and we sense this, and we take great comfort in it.

Just my thoughts.

v/r

Q

Jesus was born from the virgin Mary. who was the father then? God. therefore, Jesus is the Son of God.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Swiss, Geneva, Sans Serif]Jesus said unto them (pharisess), If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Swiss, Geneva, Sans Serif]Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Swiss, Geneva, Sans Serif]Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

[/font]

God can have no sons, daughters, moms, dads, etc. He can however, manifest himself into a physical form. And so he has, in the person of Jesus the Christ. For a fallen humanity (seperated from God by sin), the only way to relate, and also redeem us back into a family was for God became just like us. He became a man and said, Follow me, I am the only way to God. He said, I am the First and the Last. He said "I am", the same God that dilivered Moses out of Egypt. The demons, and Satan know him to Be God in the flesh.

It is just us humans, who are blinded by our preconcieved notions, that do not reconize the King.

nomanshake said:
Im a Muslim and what i've been reading at some websites is that Jesus did claim that he was the God? the son of God? was he really the son of God, coz the Islam said that God has no parents, kids, relatives friends or anything, he's unique, and then islam actually supports Jesus, and supports his claim that he'd return at some time back to Earth and then the Day of Judgement will come soon after that.
I'd like to know more about his claim to be the God, if he claimed himself the God, then why did he say that he was the son of God:confused: .
well lets let the bible answer
do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son...John 10;36

(Luke 1:35) In answer the angel said to her: "Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son.
But he kept silent and made no reply at all. Again the high priest began to question him and said to him: "Are you the Christ the Son of the Blessed One?" Then Jesus said: "I am; and YOU persons will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power and coming with the clouds of heaven....mark 14;61-62

concerning his Son, who sprang from the seed of David according to the flesh, but who with power was declared God’s Son according to the spirit of holiness by means of resurrection from the dead—yes, Jesus Christ our Lord, ...Romans 1;3-4

John 17:3, RS: "[Jesus prayed to his Father:] This is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God ["who alone art truly God," NE], and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." (Notice that Jesus referred not to himself but to his Father in heaven as "the only true God.")

(John 5:18) On this account, indeed, the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God.

He said to them: "YOU, though, who do YOU say I am?" In answer Simon Peter said: "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." In response Jesus said to him: "Happy you are, Simon son of Jo´nah, because flesh and blood did not reveal [it] to you, but my Father who is in the heavens did...matthew 16;15-17

(Psalm 2:7) Let me refer to the decree of Jehovah; He has said to me: "You are my son; I, today, I have become your father.​

(Matthew 14:33) Then those in the boat did obeisance to him, saying: "You are really God’s Son."​

(Acts 9:20) and immediately in the synagogues he began to preach Jesus, that this One is the Son of God.​

(Hebrews 1:2) has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.​

(1 John 4:15) Whoever makes the confession that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.............well that is only a sample of bible scriptures that say that Jesus was Gods son and not God, but careful bible study will soon reveal that the bible teaches that Jesus was most certainly the son of God

We forget something here. We are not the Bible. We are not supposed to become book marks in the pages of a novel. The Bible is supposed to be living (in us I presume).

I do not live my life by words on a page. I live my life by the meanings of the words I have come to understand.

That is what Jesus means for us to do. Live the life, not recite every last damn syllable of a book.

Don't quote scripture...live it. That is what we've been commanded to do.

Warning: The more we live what Jesus said, the crazier things are going to get in our lives. But, I believe the more internal peace we will have, along the way.

A light house is mostly silent, save for the brilliant light that beams for miles past it's eye. Only when the fog is thick, does the lighthouse speak a simple message with it's horn. "stay from the shoals, turn away, my warning".

Can't get much simpler than that.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
We forget something here. We are not the Bible. We are not supposed to become book marks in the pages of a novel. The Bible is supposed to be living (in us I presume).

I do not live my life by words on a page. I live my life by the meanings of the words I have come to understand.

That is what Jesus means for us to do. Live the life, not recite every last damn syllable of a book.

Don't quote scripture...live it. That is what we've been commanded to do.

Warning: The more we live what Jesus said, the crazier things are going to get in our lives. But, I believe the more internal peace we will have, along the way.

A light house is mostly silent, save for the brilliant light that beams for miles past it's eye. Only when the fog is thick, does the lighthouse speak a simple message with it's horn. "stay from the shoals, turn away, my warning".

Can't get much simpler than that.

v/r

Q
you are so right, we should let the bible guide our thinking and actions it is a living bible . we cant go wrong then .what a wonderful teacher Jesus was

Now I saw the "Unlocking the Davinci code" program trailer and it said " How close will our scientist go to Jesus will they able to see him? why Jesus , why dint they say God ?

nomanshake said:
Now I saw the "Unlocking the Davinci code" program trailer and it said " How close will our scientist go to Jesus will they able to see him? why Jesus , why dint they say God ?
Don't know the Da Vinci code. But why they are trying to get close to Jesus? Easy. He physically existed. Finding Jesus for scientists is like finding the Holy Grail. (hope the first one is pure in heart...) :eek:

v/r

Q

There is more historical evidence for Jesus than there is for J. Ceaser, and yet people dont descredit that Ceaser lived. Why do that for Jesus?

nomanshake said:
the bible tells us that Jesus is separate from the true God Jehovah and noone can see the true God Jehovah
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ....John 17;3

(Deuteronomy 4:12) And Jehovah began to speak to YOU out of the middle of the fire. The sound of words was what YOU were hearing, but no form were YOU seeing—nothing but a voice.

(John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.​

(John 6:46) Not that any man has seen the Father, except he who is from God; this one has seen the Father.​

(1 Timothy 1:17) Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, [the] only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.​

(1 John 4:12) At no time has anyone beheld God. If we continue loving one another, God remains in us and his love is made perfect in us

mee said:
the bible tells us that Jesus is separate from the true God Jehovah and noone can see the true God Jehovah
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ....John 17;3...
Perhaps your interpretation of scripture is that Jesus is seperate from God the Father, however a majority of Christians do not agree. And Jesus specifically stated that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. He also stated that whomever will come to the Father must come through Him.

(John 6:46) Not that any man has seen the Father, except he who is from God; this one has seen the Father.

(John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.

These passages are describing only one person, Jesus.​

Finally, Jesus specifically stated He is the Alpha and the Omega, and he said "I Am Who Am".​

Pretty bold statements for someone who is not God...​

v/r​

Q​

Back