Deep Impact Probe to comet

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
Did anybody else catch the Deep Impact Probe flying into a comet? I heard a snippet on the news, and just looked at the NASA pics. Interesting stuff for the astronomy buffs.

i heard about it awhile back, but did not know it made an impact on the 4th. i wonder what happens in time to 5 tons of nuclear in space?
there is a cool vid on it at CNN.:)
i could not find any good pics but did find some great recent ones of the rings around saturn.

I have to admit, this sort of experiment makes me more than a little nervous - especially if we accidentally nudged the comet into a near-earth parabola. :)

Kindest Regards, Brian!

Of course, we run a risk by living. What's to say a sneeze might not begin a hurricane halfway around the world? Maybe it is a simplistic belief, but I figure whatever is going to happen, is going to happen. In the end, all I can do is try to deal with it... ;)

it is like shooting pool with all the balls never going into the pockets.
350 million dollars is a cheap science project, they might make a pool game out of it. i just hope they use something different next time instead of nuclear.

asteroids anyone?:)

I heard that someone is filing a lawsuit against NASA because it messed up their horoscope by changin the path of the commet LOL!

StarshipEnterprise said:
I heard that someone is filing a lawsuit against NASA because it messed up their horoscope by changin the path of the commet LOL!
Yeah, it was a woman in/from Russia. :rolleyes: She sued NASA for roughly the same amount that the entire project cost (needless to say, she lost.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
Yeah, it was a woman in/from Russia. :rolleyes: She sued NASA for roughly the same amount that the entire project cost (needless to say, she lost.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Guess that means not only can Man interpret the "stars", he can manipulate them as well. Makes sense, since the future is considered fluid...;)

v/r

Q

Back