Contemplative Prayer/Centering Prayer

lunamoth

Episcopalian
Reaction score
I've just starting reading a bit about centering prayer and contemplative prayer, Open Mind Open Heart by Thomas Keating, in hopes of working my way up to reading something like St. John of the Cross. Has anyone here had any experience with doing centering and/or contemplative prayer? I'd be interested in hearing what you all know about it.

lunamoth

lunamoth said:
I've just starting reading a bit about centering prayer and contemplative prayer, Open Mind Open Heart by Thomas Keating, in hopes of working my way up to reading something like St. John of the Cross. Has anyone here had any experience with doing centering and/or contemplative prayer? I'd be interested in hearing what you all know about it.

lunamoth
i am not sure what definitions you have there for that because i have never heard it called that before. but i might be able to relate as you talk about it a bit more.

i do believe in prayer & feel it is very important & i know there are different ways to do it. i just dont know how to word it properly.
intercessory (sp?) prayer is another one.
the more we pray the better we get at it?:)

lunamoth said:

lunamoth
My parents are good with that (I'm not), I'll have to ask them to tell their stories. I'm certain they would be happy to contribute. (they're pretty awesome folk).

v/r

Q

Back