whole world in the power of the wicked one

M

mee

yes as 1 John 5;19 says the whole world is in the power of the wicked one.in this time of the end ,(of man ruling himself)satan has intensified his efforts. he has been hurled down to the earth. he knows he has a short period of time left. and he has great anger, determined to bring down as many humans as possible, he is misleading the entire inhabited earth....rev 12;9,12, satan is not a sporadic deciever,rather he is unrelenting in his efforts to mislead mankind. he uses every deceptive method in his arsenal including trickery and treachery to blind the minds of unbelievers and keep them away from God...2 corinthians 4;4 this master of deception is especially bent on devouring those who are worshiping God with spirit and truth ...john 4;24 ....1 peter 5;8 never forget that satan has in effect,claimed i can turn anyone away from serving God ...Job 1;6-12 yes he is very deceptive Ephesions 6;11 (Jewish new translation) so the question is has he decieved us, some people dont believe that satan is even real.

Matt 24:8-14
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
NKJV

1 John 4:1-4
4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. NKJV

Eph 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
NKJV

1 John 5:19-20
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
NKJV

The spirit of anti-Christ has been around sense Christ. You can look at history and see have everything is coming into play according to prophecy. Wars, new countries, and old ones made new. How the worlds to currency is headed for unification, knowledge increaing, this new chip, the computer data bases that can hold all of our info...... Anyways I think it will be real soon when The anti-Christ reveals himself to the world:

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
NKJV

You think the world is ugly now..... It can get much worse.... Not to mention when this takes place not only will people be suffering from Satans wrath, but Gods judgments will be poured out also....:

Rev 6:12-17
12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"
NKJV

Curios Mike said:
Matt 24:8-14
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
NKJV

1 John 4:1-4
4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. NKJV

Eph 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
NKJV

1 John 5:19-20
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
NKJV

The spirit of anti-Christ has been around sense Christ. You can look at history and see have everything is coming into play according to prophecy. Wars, new countries, and old ones made new. How the worlds to currency is headed for unification, knowledge increaing, this new chip, the computer data bases that can hold all of our info...... Anyways I think it will be real soon when The anti-Christ reveals himself to the world:

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
NKJV

You think the world is ugly now..... It can get much worse.... Not to mention when this takes place not only will people be suffering from Satans wrath, but Gods judgments will be poured out also....:

Rev 6:12-17
12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"
NKJV
yes Jehovahs day is very near ,and most people in general are not even aware that Jehovah has a controvesy with the nations
O Jehovah of armies, happy is the man that is trusting in you psalm 84;12

Before [the] statute gives birth to [anything], [before the] day has passed by just like chaff, before there comes upon YOU people the burning anger of Jehovah, before there comes upon YOU the day of Jehovah’s anger, seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger. zephaniah 2;2-3

Zeph 2:2-3
2 Before the decree is issued,
Or the day passes like chaff,
Before the LORD's fierce anger comes upon you,
Before the day of the LORD's anger comes upon you!
3 Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth,
Who have upheld His justice.
Seek righteousness, seek humility.
It may be that you will be hidden
In the day of the LORD's anger.
NKJV

Before [the] statute gives birth to [anything], [before the] day has passed by just like chaff, before there comes upon YOU people the burning anger of Jehovah, before there comes upon YOU the day of Jehovah’s anger, seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger. zephaniah 2;2-3

What translation do you have? LOL but I think we are in agreement.:) :confused:

Curios Mike said:
Zeph 2:2-3
2 Before the decree is issued,
Or the day passes like chaff,
Before the LORD's fierce anger comes upon you,
Before the day of the LORD's anger comes upon you!
3 Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth,
Who have upheld His justice.
Seek righteousness, seek humility.
It may be that you will be hidden
In the day of the LORD's anger.
NKJV

What translation do you have? LOL but I think we are in agreement.:) :confused:
LOL yes the meaning is the same,at one time i used to think that maybe God would not want to hide me , but now i realize that our being hidden or concealed is up to us as to weather we do seek Jehovah or not . as it seems to keep saying BEFORE and SEEKso we have a choice dont we

You know the biggest lie the Devil ever told was that their is no God. I Guess I should have figured it, but their are people out their who say the Bible is not of God. Another lie to deceive man and draw them away from God, anyways I've posted another topic in the spiritual religion section. Tell me what you think? If yah dont mind and you can find it. For one I know your Bible translation is different, so maybe your imput on why not King james or its decendents is not right. But the good news is we believ in the same God, and seems that we agree on most things. But you still never answered my question on salvation?

Curios Mike said:
You know the biggest lie the Devil ever told was that their is no God. I Guess I should have figured it, but their are people out their who say the Bible is not of God. Another lie to deceive man and draw them away from God, anyways I've posted another topic in the spiritual religion section. Tell me what you think? If yah dont mind and you can find it. For one I know your Bible translation is different, so maybe your imput on why not King james or its decendents is not right. But the good news is we believ in the same God, and seems that we agree on most things. But you still never answered my question on salvation?
sorry i missed that what was the question?

JW Salvation is it similier to what Christiandum believes. Repent, forsaking your sins, putting God 1st. Loving the Lord with all your heart soul mind and strength, and your neighbor as yourself...?

You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
John 5:39-40

That seems to say that the whole world isn't in the power of anyone (influenced perhaps). It seems to say that WE do not want to give in to God, because we want things our way, and giving into God means we'd have to do things His way.

That is a very "human" thing.

v/r

Q

Curios Mike said:
JW Salvation is it similier to what Christiandum believes. Repent, forsaking your sins, putting God 1st. Loving the Lord with all your heart soul mind and strength, and your neighbor as yourself...?

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ....john 17;3

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life....john 3;16

Quahom1 said:
You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
John 5:39-40

That seems to say that the whole world isn't in the power of anyone (influenced perhaps). It seems to say that WE do not want to give in to God, because we want things our way, and giving into God means we'd have to do things His way.

That is a very "human" thing.

v/r

Q

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.....1 john 5;19

(Matthew 13:19) Where anyone hears the word of the kingdom but does not get the sense of it, the wicked one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart; this is the one sown alongside the road.

(Luke 4:6) and the Devil said to him: "I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it.

(John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

(Hebrews 2:14) Therefore, since the "young children" are sharers of blood and flesh, he also similarly partook of the same things, that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;........yes i would say that the bible tells us that the whole world is in the power of the wicked one...... not for long thou

I'm curious - what is to stop any religious organisation from falling under Satan?

By that I mean that many people who talk about Satan and corruption always seem to presume that their own beliefs and traditions are entirely free of these.

Surely if Satan is really on a mission to corrupt the world, then the best place to start is within the organised religions that claim to work against the interests of Satan, yes?

I said:
I'm curious - what is to stop any religious organisation from falling under Satan?

By that I mean that many people who talk about Satan and corruption always seem to presume that their own beliefs and traditions are entirely free of these.

Surely if Satan is really on a mission to corrupt the world, then the best place to start is within the organised religions that claim to work against the interests of Satan, yes?
yes you have hit the nail on the head there , there is a saying that you cant see the forest because of the trees:) and does not the illustration of the wheat and the weeds show that the bad will be growing up withthe good
Another illustration he set before them, saying: "The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man that sowed fine seed in his field. While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat, and left. When the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds appeared also. So the slaves of the householder came up and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it come to have weeds?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ They said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ He said, ‘No; that by no chance, while collecting the weeds, YOU uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the harvest season I will tell the reapers, First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up, then go to gathering the wheat into my storehouse.’"...matthew 24;30

yes i think the whole world is under the power of the wicked one. that is why we see so much disturbance, confusion & twisted thoughts & actions in the world (and sometimes in church too).
not only is the devil a false accuser & a liar, but we can do this to each other if we are not careful.
it wont always be this way because Gods promises to the faithful & the righteous are true & He will harvest the wheat & burn the weeds.:)

so, the church is having its night, while the world has its day, BUT JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING!

Are you in the church triumphant?
Are you in the Saviours Bride?
Come & be baptized into the body,
And forever more abide! :)

hey man i agree with this post but yet, I dont agree with the very soon thing for these things have been going on since the dawn of time and I dont think any man has the balls to throwdown with god just yet especially in the time of a holy war I dont think this will come for a few hundred years maybe thousands I dont think we will see it in our life time so all I ask is the ones who praise god, praise him and keep your faith and dont fear judgement day everyday. Live the life god gave you and cherish it

DemocraticIndecision said:
hey man i agree with this post but yet, I dont agree with the very soon thing for these things have been going on since the dawn of time and I dont think any man has the balls to throwdown with god just yet especially in the time of a holy war I dont think this will come for a few hundred years maybe thousands I dont think we will see it in our life time so all I ask is the ones who praise god, praise him and keep your faith and dont fear judgement day everyday. Live the life god gave you and cherish it
Hi, yes things have always been under the power of thewicked one . but i suppose it depends weather a person is keeping awake to bible prophecy, to see that the times we live in are indeed very very close to when the wicked one will be put out of the way .every thing is happening on the earth , as jesus said it would be . it is a composite sign that Jesus left for us to look out for . the attitudes of people are just as Jesus and other bible prophecies fortold for this timeplus we are ruining the earth and God is going to bring to ruin those ruining the earth....rev 11;18

mee said:
Hi, yes things have always been under the power of thewicked one . but i suppose it depends weather a person is keeping awake to bible prophecy, to see that the times we live in are indeed very very close to when the wicked one will be put out of the way .every thing is happening on the earth , as jesus said it would be . it is a composite sign that Jesus left for us to look out for . the attitudes of people are just as Jesus and other bible prophecies fortold for this timeplus we are ruining the earth and God is going to bring to ruin those ruining the earth....rev 11;18

But this seems to be a contradiction, Mee. How can Earth be under the dominion of Man, and be under the power of Satanic forces as well? Come to think of it, how can God "rule" over a place that is under the control of two other entities?

Unless you are suggesting a "chain of command here", there is a conflict in theology?

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
But this seems to be a contradiction, Mee. How can Earth be under the dominion of Man, and be under the power of Satanic forces as well? Come to think of it, how can God "rule" over a place that is under the control of two other entities?

Unless you are suggesting a "chain of command here", there is a conflict in theology?

v/r

Q
ever since the rebellion in Eden man has been under the satanic rule of satan 1 John 5;19 satan is the ruler of the world now but not for long as Gods kingdom Goverment will put all Human goverments out the way . Daniel 2;44this is the whole theme of the bible , the Kingdom of God. the issue of universal sovereigntyis between satan and God . God has allowed satan to rule the earth for this short time , but it is Gods purpose to step in before satan destroys the earthand there will still be people on the earth who are willing to stay faithful to God . satan wants the worship for himself thats why he is angry to take as many down with him as he can ,because he knows he has a short period of time left

mee said:
ever since the rebellion in Eden man has been under the satanic rule of satan 1 John 5;19 satan is the ruler of the world now but not for long as Gods kingdom Goverment will put all Human goverments out the way . Daniel 2;44this is the whole theme of the bible , the Kingdom of God. the issue of universal sovereigntyis between satan and God . God has allowed satan to rule the earth for this short time , but it is Gods purpose to step in before satan destroys the earthand there will still be people on the earth who are willing to stay faithful to God . satan wants the worship for himself thats why he is angry to take as many down with him as he can ,because he knows he has a short period of time left

So, by your reckoning, Man is no longer in dominian over earth, and has not been for however many thousand years since the fall? How come man wasn't told this?

I don't think God was short sighted...

Oh, and I'd like to point out a personal observation...Have you ever looked an animal square in the eyes and tried to hold their gaze? If so, what have you observed? Any animal...wild or tame...

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
So, by your reckoning, Man is no longer in dominian over earth, and has not been for however many thousand years since the fall? How come man wasn't told this?

I don't think God was short sighted...

Oh, and I'd like to point out a personal observation...Have you ever looked an animal square in the eyes and tried to hold their gaze? If so, what have you observed? Any animal...wild or tame...

v/r

Q
yes it was Gods purpose for man to be in dominian of the earth and animals,but as for man obeying Gods rules they choose to listen to satans rules instead , so there is no contradiction .man was told what would happen if they did not obey the rules they made there choice, so as satan wanted the worship for himself he is the ruler of the world at the momment because God allowed us freewill. it all boils down to the issue of universal sovreignty between satan and God .satan is the one who started the first lie, he went against Gods rules and made God out to be a lier. God has got to let it be proved beyond a dought that man was not created to rule himself with out Gods rules .and the other angels would have seen this going on as well , they would be thinking ,ok, can they rule themselves satans way .the issue is still going on the whole world is in the power of the wicked one who is satan
because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places...Ephesians 6;12

In the Christian Greek Scriptures, earthly governments and their peoples are shown to be subject to Satanic rule

Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out...john12;31

Back