A little game.

Awaiting_the_fifth

Where is my mind?
Reaction score
Put a well known story or text exert from any religious tradition through the Babel Fish translator and back again, then let other people try to guess what it is.
Here's an easy one for starters:

There were a man WHO had two sons. The younger were there people who two had zonen. Younger aforesaid to its father, "father, me gives my share of the landgoed." This way divided he are possession between them. Not long after that, the younger zoon met all he, had left its wealth in wild life, wasted there for far a country and. After he had spent everything, a famine strict was that, and he started whole country in need be. Thus he went himself and let to a citizen of that country, which sent him to its areas to voervarkens. He longed to fill its flatulence with the pods which ate the varkens, but nobody gave no matter what him. Then he, he said, to its meanings came how much of engaged people of my father to save have food, and to this I starve dead! I will establish and to my father to return and to him will say: Father, has I sinned against sky and against u. I am no longer worthy for your zoon am called; make me as one of your engaged people. Thus he stood up and went to its father. But whereas he was still gone a long manner, its father saw him and was filled with medeleven for him; he ran to its zoon, threw its weapons around him and kissed him. The zoon aforesaid him, "father, have I sinned against sky and against u. I am no longer worthy for your zoon am called." But the father said rapidly to its clerks,! Bring the best robe and puts it on him. A ring on its finger and sandals on its feet puts. And dead it brings the fattened calf. Have and party. For this zoon of my wax dead and is again in life; he was lost and is found. Thus they started celebrate. In the meantime, the older zoon in the area was. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. Thus he one of the clerks twisted and asked him what happened. "your brother has come," he answered, "and your father has killed the fattened calf because he him behind safely and correctly." has the older brother became angrily and refused enter. Thus its father went and pleaded with him from. But he answered its father, look! All these years I have heaved for you and never your arrange disobeyed. But nevertheless you me never even gave a young ewe so that I could celebrate with my friends. But when this zoon of of you that your possession with prostitutes comes wasted to house, you kill the fattened calf for him! "my zoon," the aforesaid father, you are always with me, and everything I am of you have. But we had celebrate and glad to be, because this brother of of you was dead and again in life is; he was lost and is found.

Can ya tell what it is yet?

No, you guessed right, that was supposed to be an easy one for starters. The idea, if it catches on (and I know it probably wont) is that other people translate and retranslate other stories or whatever in babel fish and we all guess what they are.

Ive seen it work really well on other forums, but I dont know if this is the right kind of place.

Oh! Actually sounds kinda fun--so what next? Do I re-translate this one, or do you give us another one?

Okay--not quite sure I am doing this right, but I'll give it a try. This passage of text has been run through several times, and back and forth, but I'll bet it will be fairly easy:

to be echter not be: that is the vraag: If IT is edel in the mening from the beams and to the arrows of buitensporig fortuin suffer, echter take weapons against overseas of problems, and by resisting itself them concludes. To die: to sleep; No varen langs; and aan sleep to say concludes we the heart brood, and thousand natural shock that flesh heir to is, tis consummation Devoutly to wish.

Anyone else fancy a go?

? I met to the traveler of ancient country which she said: Enormous trunkless feet of platform of stone of 2 and desert. Those being soon, umen'shito and half, you want to be destroyed in order to transfer by the cool order where it is the sculptor where these vigor are maintained are not after being pushed, still, read passion the visage, in the best methodological grimacing aspect, and the lip, and the sneer which could move aside the wrinkle, you teased, and podalo of voetstuk entreats, and the center which speaks these words which appear furthermore them whom it polishes: My name is the king of [word removed] king,: Me and in despair, powerful ye in order to work, you see! Nearby what of vestiges. The unbalanced stand it is not for that decrease, that to be unlimited, being very lonely, it goes from the level sand, it exposed it extends.
Maybe a bit more tricky. I removed one word that would have made it easy.

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
Anyone else fancy a go?

? I met to the traveler of ancient country which she said: Enormous trunkless feet of platform of stone of 2 and desert. Those being soon, umen'shito and half, you want to be destroyed in order to transfer by the cool order where it is the sculptor where these vigor are maintained are not after being pushed, still, read passion the visage, in the best methodological grimacing aspect, and the lip, and the sneer which could move aside the wrinkle, you teased, and podalo of voetstuk entreats, and the center which speaks these words which appear furthermore them whom it polishes: My name is the king of [word removed] king,: Me and in despair, powerful ye in order to work, you see! Nearby what of vestiges. The unbalanced stand it is not for that decrease, that to be unlimited, being very lonely, it goes from the level sand, it exposed it extends.
Maybe a bit more tricky. I removed one word that would have made it easy.

Oh, Im going out on a limb here..."Hanabal?"

v/r

Q

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
Its good but it's not right.

It could be Gilgamesh...the king of....king? It's a tough one Awaiting. So many references to try to work from...without cheating. ;)

But I do like this game. I think it is very good one...

v/r

Q

p.s. did i even come close?

I keep wanting to say Nebuchadnezzer's dream, but I really don't think that is it.

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
No, an English romantic poet.

Alright, that narrows it down to Blake, Wadsworth, Keats, Coleridge, Byron or Shelley. Perhaps Arnold. Hmmm, this is going to take some time...

v/r

Q

Back