way to peace

M

mee

The central historical figure in the outworking of God’s will is Jesus Christ .he is the one chosen by God to bring peace to the earth .:) this peacewill come about through Gods established heavenly kingdom. but first he has to get rid of the wicked on the earth.....for evildoers themselves will be cut off, but those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. and just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more,and you will certainly give attention to his place,and he will not be. ....psalm37;9-10but the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace...psalm 37;11........... so who would not want to live in peace ?seems it would be those who did not want to listen to Jesus. wrong choice i would say dont you?

mee said:
The central historical figure in the outworking of God’s will is Jesus Christ .he is the one chosen by God to bring peace to the earth .:) this peacewill come about through Gods established heavenly kingdom. but first he has to get rid of the wicked on the earth.....for evildoers themselves will be cut off, but those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. and just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more,and you will certainly give attention to his place,and he will not be. ....psalm37;9-10but the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace...psalm 37;11........... so who would not want to live in peace ?seems it would be those who did not want to listen to Jesus. wrong choice i would say dont you?
For all come short of the Glory of God...guess that makes us all wicked.

so there but for the grace of God, go I (all of us).

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
mee said:
For all come short of the Glory of God...guess that makes us all wicked.

so there but for the grace of God, go I (all of us).

v/r

Q
well if all of us are wicked then noone would possess the earth . but the bible tells us that the meek will inherit the earth , so it seems that in Gods eyes there will be those who he classes as not wicked , there seems to be a contrast between the two

He will cause the meek ones to walk in [his] judicial decision,and he will teach the meek ones his way...psalm 25 ;9...so it seems the meek ones who will inherit the earth will be taught by Jehovah......so they must be teachable ones,opps better not be like a goat who has a rebellious way, best to be like a sheep then we can inherit everlasting lifeWhen the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats....matthew 25;31-32

"Look! a great crowd, . . . out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb."—REVELATION 7:9.so what are we sheep or goats ,teachable or rebellious.?

mee said:
He will cause the meek ones to walk in [his] judicial decision,and he will teach the meek ones his way...psalm 25 ;9...so it seems the meek ones who will inherit the earth will be taught by Jehovah......so they must be teachable ones,opps better not be like a goat who has a rebellious way, best to be like a sheep then we can inherit everlasting lifeWhen the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats....matthew 25;31-32

"Look! a great crowd, . . . out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb."—REVELATION 7:9.so what are we sheep or goats ,teachable or rebellious.?

Well I agree with you on this point. Unfortunately I am all four of the attributes that you express at the end of your post (depending upon the time of day, and my attitude) Ah, such is the human way.;)

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Well I agree with you on this point. Unfortunately I am all four of the attributes that you express at the end of your post (depending upon the time of day, and my attitude) Ah, such is the human way.;)

v/r

Q
[/left]
:D is there such a cross breed as a goat and a sheep? lol

Hi Mee,

Just a few thoughts on your post.

mee said:
The central historical figure in the outworking of God’s will is Jesus Christ .he is the one chosen by God to bring peace to the earth .

Jesus was indeed a chosen one to bring peace to earth. I think however it was more in demonstrating how we too can achieve peace. How each and every one of us can achieve this peace.

this peacewill come about through Gods established heavenly kingdom.

For me God has established a kingdom within us as he did with Jesus and by waiting on the lord in his established kingdom within, peace will come about.

but first he has to get rid of the wicked on the earth.....for evildoers themselves will be cut off, but those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. and just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more,and you will certainly give attention to his place,and he will not be. ....psalm37;9-10

In doing evil I have no doubt that we are cut off from this heavenly kingdom established within. If we cultivated the heart of goodness we would not be cut off. Perhaps then wicked will be no more.

but the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace...psalm 37;11.

The meaning of meek for me in this context is humble or gentle. The many people I have met that are humble and gentle generally have an inner peace that reside in them. For me this verse means Those who are humble will delight in the abundance of peace and will possess the earth.

.......... so who would not want to live in peace ?seems it would be those who did not want to listen to Jesus. wrong choice i would say dont you?

In my view there are a majority of people in the world who wish for peace on earth. How many actually wish for peace in themselves? I would say a very few many more. Perhaps however they do not know this can be achieved through humility and gentleness. Although they listen to Jesus they may not understand how to achieve peace. Usually we cannot fix things from the outside in. Trying to prevent evildoers from doing their evil seems in my mind an endless task if what is inside (the root cause) has not been healed. If more and more people are able to cultivate peace by dwelling in the established kingdom of heaven, perhaps eventually we will be able to achieve peace on earth. Whether or not this will happen is open for debate however if we first start with ourselves, who knows what effect it will have on others.

Kelcie:)

Kelcie said:
Hi Mee,

Just a few thoughts on your post.

Jesus was indeed a chosen one to bring peace to earth. I think however it was more in demonstrating how we too can achieve peace. How each and every one of us can achieve this peace.

For me God has established a kingdom within us as he did with Jesus and by waiting on the lord in his established kingdom within, peace will come about.

In doing evil I have no doubt that we are cut off from this heavenly kingdom established within. If we cultivated the heart of goodness we would not be cut off. Perhaps then wicked will be no more.

The meaning of meek for me in this context is humble or gentle. The many people I have met that are humble and gentle generally have an inner peace that reside in them. For me this verse means Those who are humble will delight in the abundance of peace and will possess the earth.

In my view there are a majority of people in the world who wish for peace on earth. How many actually wish for peace in themselves? I would say a very few many more. Perhaps however they do not know this can be achieved through humility and gentleness. Although they listen to Jesus they may not understand how to achieve peace. Usually we cannot fix things from the outside in. Trying to prevent evildoers from doing their evil seems in my mind an endless task if what is inside (the root cause) has not been healed. If more and more people are able to cultivate peace by dwelling in the established kingdom of heaven, perhaps eventually we will be able to achieve peace on earth. Whether or not this will happen is open for debate however if we first start with ourselves, who knows what effect it will have on others.

yes you are right we have to work on our selves but the kingdom that the bible speaks of is not the kingdom within youself it is a real goverment that will take over manmade goverments and it has been set up in the heavens
"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite...Daniel 2;44

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: "My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source....

(Matthew 6:10) Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.......yes the kingdom goverment with Jesus as its king is set up and ready to take over manmade rulerships

Hi Mee,

My view is a little bit different

but the kingdom that the bible speaks of is not the kingdom within youself it is a real goverment that will take over manmade goverments and it has been set up in the heavens
If many more could acknowledge the kingdom within perhaps this is what is meant by real government. That which is guided by God.

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite...Daniel 2;44

Could Daniel have interpreted this dream of the Kings this way to avoid being slain? After all they did want to slay all the wise men of the time because no one could successfully interpret the kings dream. However, in his interpretation he describes the first few kingdoms as things pertaining to this world things built by man that others can destroy. The kingdom God builds is one that cannot be destroyed by other people and the way I see it, it is the one kingdom he builds inside. People can destroy things but not the kingdom of God that dwells within.

John 18:36) Jesus answered: "My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source....

In this verse Jesus tells us his kingdom is not of the world that the king and the Jews can perceive. It is not of this physical world and therefore reinforces that it is the Kingdom within.

Matthew 6:10) Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.......yes the kingdom goverment with Jesus as its king is set up and ready to take over manmade rulerships

The King James Version goes like this 10Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Looking a little deeper in to this verse it says when we can see or dwell within this kingdom (Thy Kingdom come). We can do on earth as they do in heaven. (Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven) After all this is what Jesus did... his will was the will of God and was demonstrating that it can be done on earth as it is done in heaven.

In my mind if one waits for peace on earth to happen no matter how righteous one is. The wait is going to be a very long one. If we cultivate peace now whether you believe the kingdom of God is within or is still to come, it may do nothing at all while we are waiting except make for a happier existence not only for ourselves but those we love and interact with daily.

Thanks for sharing:)

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."

Is a closer translation than the one posted by Mee

I agree with both Mee and Kelcie on this.. with a little bit more added. I believe that scripture is multi-fold in many instances. I believe that not only will there be a new kingdom on earth but there is also a spiritual kingdom both Jesus is King of.. Like my signature I believe that we are spiritual beings that will one day receive new bodies that will be eternal.. as it is we are spirit beings that are housed in corrupt bodies.. I also believe that we arent born into that spiritual inhabitance until we receive the seal of God which is the indwelling of the Spirit. :)

Hi, Peace to All Here--

Wow--just when I was beginning to think there was no point in visiting the Christian board anymore, and then I see this wonderful, thoughtful, and spiritual discussion. Thanks, guys. I feel better:).

InPeace,
InLove

mee said:
yes you are right we have to work on our selves but the kingdom that the bible speaks of is not the kingdom within youself it is a real goverment that will take over manmade goverments and it has been set up in the heavens

For myself, I find it's much more meaningful to understand references to a "Kingdom of Heaven" as pertaining to an internal kingdom - a state of awareness brought about by knowing Grace - rather than a literal "kingdom."

I tend to think that until we discover/uncover the "kingdom within" we're probably not going to create/find the external kingdom at least on earth simply because humanity has the hard task of actually having to become the change they want-i.e., put in some work to make it happen. Like the gospel tune says, "let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me." Take care, Earl

while it is true that christians should listen to the teachings of Jesus as layed down in the bible, to build better qualities in our selves ,the kingdom is a real goverment that will do away with all manmade goverments ,the prophecy in daniel chapter 2 about the imense image is about world powers down through time starting with the babylonian world power down to our day and we are now in the time of the feet of the image. and Gods kingdom goverment will smash the image into dust and then Gods kingdom goverment will fill the whole earth . these world powers are also refered to in rev 17;10

And there are seven kings: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived, but when he does arrive he must remain a short while

The five fallen kings, or world powers, were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. The sixth—the Roman Empire—was still in power in Johns dayBut it also was to fall, and the seventh king would arise from one of Rome’s captured territories. What world power would that be

the Anglo-American powercame into existence as the seventh world power of Bible prophecyso we are now waiting for Gods kingdom to take over . bible prophecy is unfolding before our very eyes .revelation speaks about an eigthth king that comes from the seventh and that is the united nations so its all happening ,it will take over world rulership , even while these human rulers are still in power it will crush them it is in your bibles to

I believe in the Kingdom of God, and I believe that Christ now sits at the right hand of God, and that the Kingdom already exists in the hearts of believers. It is a Kingdom where Love rules. There will be physical changes along the way, but it is in the Spirit of Love that the Kingdom is built.

InPeace,
InLove

mee said:
while it is true that christians should listen to the teachings of Jesus as layed down in the bible, to build better qualities in our selves ,the kingdom is a real goverment that will do away with all manmade goverments

Read literally, I don't think the "Kingdom of God" as a government here on Earth is true. The only truth I see in it is it's metaphorical truth as a reference to the experience of the "Kingdom of God" within upon awakening to grace.

Abogado del Diablo said:
Read literally, I don't think the "Kingdom of God" as a government here on Earth is true. The only truth I see in it is it's metaphorical truth as a reference to the experience of the "Kingdom of God" within upon awakening to grace.

That seems to go right along with Jesus stating that the Kingdom of heaven is within "you" (meaning us). I know I read that somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where...

But it also corrolates with the Light on the hill, the lamp out from under a basket, and other such metaphors (apparently re-enforcing the same theme, or message). Then there is Christs declaring that He would "rebuild this temple" within three days, after its destruction...

My son told me the other day (while on leave from overseas), that he was the United States of America over there, everytime he went out in uniform, or everytime he was around people that knew he wore one.

And for those who did not know him...they wanted to know who he was. It wasn't bragging, just a simple statement of fact.

Why wouldn't the same be true for one who declared themselves followers of Christ? "I am the kingdom of heaven", everytime I present myself to the world...

Just a thought.

v/r

Q

Hi, Peace to All Here--

Yes, why wouldn't someone with the true light shine in any and all situations--

Q, say hello and thank you to your son from me, will ya?

InPeace,
InLove

Back