September 11 and the Twin Towers

pohaikawahine

Elder Member
Reaction score
I initially found this site when I was doing search on the twin towers .... what I found was a reference to the "twin pillars of wisdom" .... I love the site because it appears to be comprised of people with compassion, tolerance, and so much knowledge in different areas of religion and tradition. To me symbols are the path to deeper understanding that links all of us and September 11 and the Twin Towers are a part of that link. I'm not looking a right or wrong, blame or praise .... just the symbols and understanding .... what are the twin towers, what are the twin pillars of wisdom, what are the twin poles, who are the twins .... if I am not mistaken this subject will take us into many religions, will take us into many traditions, and many views .... so I'm posting in comparative studies .... thought I would start with a list of some (no interpretations because the idea is just to first share the similar symbols and see where it takes us) .... I hope some of you will be interested in this (by the way I am not writing a book, I am not writing an article, I'm not doing something for a web site, but I may use some of it in a birthday card for a friend born on September 11 .... in the 1920's)

some of this is also connected to the numbers 711 ....

Atlas, whose pillars were temporarily shouldered by Hercules during his 11th Labor, is the legendary king of Atlantis.

Atlantis was rules by 7 sets of Twins (according to some accounts)

Quest for the Golden Apples, the 11th Labor of Hercules...these apples were kept in a garden at the northern edge of the world were garded by the daughters of Atlas, the titan who held the sky and earth (the twin pillars) upon his shoulders. The Atlas Mountains in Morocco are said to be the place heaven is born on the strong shoulders of Atlas.

Plato's name means broad shoulder and strong one .... the Twin Columns between Heaven and Earth refer to the location of Plato's Atlantis and the land of Bacon's New Atlantis. Lord Bacon named America as the site of New Atlantis -- the revived Atlantis where the Old World could rebuild the Lost Golden Age.

Nostradamus "earth shaking fire from the center of the earth. Will cause the towers around the New City to shake. Two great rocks for a long time will make war, and then Arethusa will color a new river red" (I'll not get into the details of my interpretation of the verse, but it is related to the process of enlightment which is the 'new city' .... and 'Arethusa will color a new river red' is reference to the ancient line of wisdom passed down through the generations also called the 'bloodline' or the 'river red' or the 'red road' etc...

the 'twin pillars of wisdom' in the buddhist tradition

there are three pillars on the 'tree of life' as symbolized in the sepi=hiroth and the paths of the tree of life .... but the two outer pillars would represent the twin pillars and they are connected by a bolt of lightening .... the bolt of lightening represents the process of having one's mundane consciousness overthrown .... there are many traditions connected to the symbol of the bolt of lightening, the thunderbolt, etc....many native american traditions as well as others ....

there is the Iroquois prophecy of the two serpents (these are the two brothers in the story of creation for the Iroquois) the creation story speaks of the great tree in the middle of the sky world and ultimately twin boys who compete with each other as they create the animals and plants, and in the process represent different ways of living .... the right and left handed twins

Quetzcoatl (god of light) and his twin brother Xolotl (god of darkness) sometimes they are shown as a two headed serpent ... Quetzcoatl is also known as Kulkulcan, god of thunder, wind, and fire, creators of all life..
"What does your mind seek?
Where is your heart?
If you give your heart to each and everything,
You lead it nowhere: you destroy your heart.
Can anything be found on earth?" (Cantares Mexicanos)

Hopi twin warriors - Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya .... one guards the
north pole and the other guards the south pole .... they keep the
world rotating and when they stop the fourth world will stop turning .
they are powerful spiral forces

Rome was founded by twin brothers Roimulus and Remus

the Cook Islands has a legend of the twin brothers Pa and Pe

Two wolves Ash and Coal, twin brothers

Castor and Pollux - twin brothers

Legends of twin brothers Acrisius and Proetus

September actually means the 7th month .... so September 11 could also be stated as 7-11 ....two of the flights connected with the tragedy of September 11 were flights 77 and 11 (twin numbers)

we have the twin pillars of Boaz and Jachem of Solomon's Temple

There is a reason we have so many references to twin towers, twin peaks, twin brothers, and twin brother and sister, twin pillars .... (I must not forget the Twin Peaks area of San Francisco, California) .... all are related in their inner meanings .... if anyone would like, please add to the list of twins ....

I don't think their was any wisdom in driving two planes into the sides of the World Trade Center and killing 3000 people.

And I certainly would not try to spiritualize it.

Dondi said:
I don't think their was any wisdom in driving two planes into the sides of the World Trade Center and killing 3000 people.

And I certainly would not try to spiritualize it.

I don't either, sorry you took it that way and there is certainly nothing spiritual about killing 3000 people. Obviously I did not do a good job of explaining my intent in the posting .... might be better to just close it. Brian, if you can do this I would appreciate it ....

Many of the topics you refer to are covered in the links about Atlantis (ref. Atlas) here (under Atlantis section - I recommend the book as something to at least think about.)

smkolins said:
Many of the topics you refer to are covered in the links about Atlantis (ref. Atlas) here (under Atlantis section - I recommend the book as something to at least think about.)

thank you kindly smkolins for the reference .... what really wanted to begin a discussion on is the concept of twins and the internal energy within the human body that moves up the spinal column .... the symbols of "twins" in almost all traditions tell us about a deeper path of wisdom (in my view) .... I've been looking at many of the same symbol of twins and their stories and legends basically tell us the same thing .... to me the lost continents of both Atlantis and Ta Rua (aka Lemuria) are metaphors for an internal process .... I was thinking more about the symbol of the twin towers because it is almost September 11 .... but my posting was taken badly by another and I was surprised at the reaction .... so decided this thread wasn't worth pursuing if that was how it was read .... but again, I thank you for the reference .... me ke aloha pumehana, pohaikawahine

Back