Predictions in the Qu'Ran.

AbdAlRahman

Reaction score
THE EXPLORATION OF SPACE

astronot.jpg
Humanity's exploration of space was accelerated with the Soviet satellite Sputnik on 4 October 1957, which carried aloft the first man to ever leave Earth's atmosphere: Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin. On 20 July 1969, the American astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first human being ever to set foot on the Moon.

In fact, the Qur'an revealed that such developments and achievements would one day be realised. For instance, Allah draws our attention to this in the following verse:

O company of jinn and human beings. If you are able to pierce through the confines of the heavens and Earth, pierce through them. You will not pierce through, except with a clear authority. (Qur'an, 55:33)

The Arabic word sultan, translated here as "a clear authority," has other meanings as well: force, power, sovereignty, dominion, law, path, permission, give leave, justify, and proof.

Careful examination reveals that the above verse emphasizes that humanity will be able to move into the depths of Earth and sky, but only with a superior power. In all likelihood, this superior power is the superior technology employed in the twentieth century, for it enabled scientists to achieve this great feat.

THE VOYAGE TO THE MOON
And [I swear by] the moon when it is full, you will mount up stage by stage! What is the matter with them, that they have no faith? (Qur'an, 84:18-20)

After referring to the Moon, the above verses then say that people will mount up stage by stage. The term tarkabunna comes from the verb rakiba, (to mount, walk on a path, follow, embark upon, set about, participate, or rule). In the light of these meanings, it is very likely that the expression "you will mount up stage by stage" refers to a vehicle to be boarded.

Indeed, the astronauts' spacecraft pass through each layer of the atmosphere one by one, and then begin to pass through the Moon's gravitational field. Thus, the Moon is reached by moving through individual layers. In addition, the swearing by the Moon in Surat al-Inshiqaq 18 further strengthens this emphasis, meaning that the verse may well be a sign that humanity will travel to the Moon. (Allah knows best.)

THE PRESERVATION OF PHARAOH'S BODY

firavun.jpg
As we shall see later on, Pharaoh regarded himself as a deity and responded with slanders and threats to Prophet Musa's (as) calls for him to believe in Allah. This arrogant attitude lasted until he was faced with the threat of death through drowning. The Qur'an relates that Pharaoh immediately turned to belief when faced with Allah's punishment:

firavun2.jpg
We brought the tribe of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh and his troops pursued them out of tyranny and enmity. Then, when he was on the point of drowning, he [Pharaoh] said: "I believe that there is no god but Him in Whom the tribe of Israel believes. I am one of the Muslims." (Qur'an, 10:90)

However, this last-minute conversion was not accepted, for it was not sincere. According to the Qur'an, Allah exclaimed:

"What, now! When previously you rebelled and were one of the corrupters? Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you. Surely many people are heedless of Our Signs." (Qur'an, 10:91-92)

The information that Pharaoh's corpse would serve as a sign for later generations may be regarded as an indication that his body would not decay. On display in the Royal Mummies Chamber of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo is a mummified body believed to be that of this tyrant. In all likelihood, Pharaoh's body floated to shore after being drowned, was found and mummified by the Egyptians, and then carried to a previously prepared burial chamber.

I could post more if you guys want to :)

AbdAlRahman said:
THE EXPLORATION OF SPACE

In fact, the Qur'an revealed that such developments and achievements would one day be realised. For instance, Allah draws our attention to this in the following verse:

O company of jinn and human beings. If you are able to pierce through the confines of the heavens and Earth, pierce through them. You will not pierce through, except with a clear authority. (Qur'an, 55:33)

The Arabic word sultan, translated here as "a clear authority," has other meanings as well: force, power, sovereignty, dominion, law, path, permission, give leave, justify, and proof.

Careful examination reveals that the above verse emphasizes that humanity will be able to move into the depths of Earth and sky, but only with a superior power. In all likelihood, this superior power is the superior technology employed in the twentieth century, for it enabled scientists to achieve this great feat.

THE VOYAGE TO THE MOON
And [I swear by] the moon when it is full, you will mount up stage by stage! What is the matter with them, that they have no faith? (Qur'an, 84:18-20)

"What, now! When previously you rebelled and were one of the corrupters? Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you. Surely many people are heedless of Our Signs." (Qur'an, 10:91-92)
I could post more if you guys want to :)

I for one would be interested in more of your postings. The same process has happened with the Hopi (native american) prophecies .... they have been interpreted to being predictions about the modern world and scientific technology .... but in reality, in my view, the prophecies relate to something much older, and ancient path of knowledge and wisdom that we all seek. It is what I refer to as the "inner path" or "the night rainbow" ....I have very different interpretations for the above quotes and they all relate to this ancient path .... to "pierce the confines of heaven and earth" is, in my view, related to reconnecting the ancient system and it does require "clear authority" which is a return to our "true sovereignty" (our true selves) .... to mount stage-by-stage to the moon is to move this inner energy through the energy centers within the body up into the left side of the brain, which is associated with the symbol of the moon or spiritualism ....the human body is the vessel to move this energy and it is preserved as a reminder of who we really are .... I will be very honest that I am not comfortable posting this here, but I see these passages as predictions about how we return to wholeness .... just my thoughts to share .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

Thanks for posting,

Well i really tryed to understand you but i really didint , becouse im not that good at english , so i understand plain simple english , but from what i understand it is that the verses or sura's fromt he Qu"Ran didint mean exactly that.

Well thats just translation so it could be misunderstanded , let me tell yous omething , the Qu'Ran is the last book , Mohhamed [ Peace be apon him ] is the last prophet , and the Qu'Ran is like a guide for the people untill end of time , so it is so unique , becouse it is meant to be used in every time , i mean in the furture the Qu'Ran will still be used , with no problems , and the Qu'Ran is meant to be understood for the smart and for the not too intelegent , so the verse i gave you was to be understood in every time , past and furure , in the past they understood that verse perfectly , now when i read it in arabic i understand what it means in my mind , in my nolage , so the translation is a problem as i said , its hard to translate rich arabic text into english ,

Tell me your answer again , but if its ok if you could clear it up , act like your talking to a 5 yr old american :D

And ill edit the topic and post more right now.

Thanks! he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine to you to!

Well i cant edit :(

Ill post them here:

THE USE OF ELECTRICITY
And We made a fount of molten copper flow out for him. (Qur'an, 34:12)

sehir.jpg
One of Allah's great blessings to Prophet Sulayman (as) was "a fount of molten copper." This can be understood in several senses. By the use of melted copper, it may be referring to the existence, at his time, of an advanced technology that employed electricity. We know that copper is one of the best metals for conducting electricity and heat, and thus constitutes the basis of the electrical industry, which uses much of the copper produced in the world. The expression "flow out" may indicate that electricity can be used in many fields. (Allah knows best.)

PLANE TECHNOLOGY

And to Sulayman We gave the fiercely blowing wind, speeding at his command toward the land that We had blessed. And We had full knowledge of everything. (Qur'an, 21:81)

ucak.jpg
As the above verse relates, Allah placed the wind under Prophet Sulayman's (as) command and allowed him to use it as a vehicle. There is a strong possibility of an indication here that, as in Prophet Sulayman's (as) time, wind energy will also be used in the technology of the future.

And We gave Sulayman power over the wind-a month's journey in the morning and a month in the afternoon... (Qur'an, 34:12)

The expression "a month's journey in the morning and a month in the afternoon" may be drawing attention to the fact that Prophet Sulayman (as) moved rapidly between different regions perhaps by using a technology similar to an airplane, or developed wind-powered vehicles that could cover long distances quickly. (Allah knows best.) There is thus a strong possibility that these verses point to modern airplane technology.

ATOMIC ENERGY AND FISSION

Allah splits the seed and kernel. He brings forth the living from the dead, and produces the dead out of the living. That is Allah, so how are you misguided? (Qur'an, 6:95)

The terms "seed" (al-habb) and "kernel" (an-nawa) in the above verse may indicate the splitting of the atom. Indeed, the dictionary meanings of an-nawa include "nucleus, centre, atomic nucleus." Furthermore, the description of bringing forth the living from the dead can be interpreted as Allah creating matter from dead energy. Producing the dead out of the living may refer to energy (dead) emerging from matter (living), since the atom is in motion. (Allah knows best.) That is because as well as "living," al-hayy can also mean "active, energetic." With its meaning of "non-living," al-mayyit, translated above as "dead," may very probably refer to energy.

Scientists define energy as the capacity for doing work. Matter, the material that comprises all things on Earth and in the universe, consists of atoms and molecules that can be seen to be in motion under an electron microscope. In the early twentieth century, Albert Einstein (d. 1955) theorised that matter could be converted into energy, suggesting that the two were inter-related at the atomic level. This may be the bringing forth of the dead from the living, as described above, or, in other words, obtaining energy from matter, which is in motion at the atomic level. In addition, yukhriju, translated as "bringing forth," also means "bringing out, emitting" (as in the case of electrical waves). Therefore, the terms in this verse may be indicating the form of energy obtained from the atom. (Allah knows best.)

303.jpg

Today, atomic nucleus can be split into smaller nuclei by means of nuclear fission.
Scientists can now split the atom by dividing its nucleus. Taking Einstein's theories as their starting point, they obtained energy from matter in the 1940s by means of nuclear fission, the process of splitting the atomic nucleus. The verb faliqu in Surat al-An`am 95, translated as "to split," may be a reference to fission's dictionary meaning: the process of splitting (the atom's nucleus). When this process takes place, enormous amounts of energy are released.

The words in Surat al-An`am 95 are very wise in terms of their meanings. The phenomena described in this verse bear a very close resemblance to the splitting of the atom's nucleus in order to obtain atomic energy. The verse may therefore be a reference to nuclear fission, which was only made possible by twentieth-century technology. (Allah knows best.)

I got more , just ask and ill get you some.

I have to admit, I find this thread bloody awful - the degree of over-interpretation from my own perspective seems astonishing.

How on earth God bringing life from a seed somehow equates with nuclear power I'll never know - but in every single example above, I do not read anything in the English forms that can even begin to be considered an honest application of the Quranic verses, unless someone can clearly state why the original Arabic can so clearly justify such a perception.

Overall, I don't see how claiming the Quran to contain scientific predictions is honest to Islam if those predictions are forced - in fact, I think the sort of argument we're seeing is actually a little more sinister - ie, that the Quran is the final authority on scientific matters.

We brought the tribe of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh and his troops pursued them out of tyranny and enmity. Then, when he was on the point of drowning, he [Pharaoh] said: "I believe that there is no god but Him in Whom the tribe of Israel believes. I am one of the Muslims." (Qur'an, 10:90)

Was the Quran or even the muslim Religion around at this time? And Is Israel considered to be muslims too by the Quran?

Curios Mike said:
Was the Quran or even the muslim Religion around at this time? And Is Israel considered to be muslims too by the Quran?
h| Mike,
Islam has always been there. We believe that the father of mankind, Adam (pbuh) was also a Muslim. Similary, Noah, David, Solomon, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all). We believe in all of them.
The Islam and its relationship to other religions thread should answer your question to a certain extent. If you read my posts (3 and 4) specifically, then please definitely read the last one at the end as well since it contains one correction to them.
Hope this helped.
And Allaah knows best.

I,brian

I dont know whats your problem really , use simple words please , im bad at english so if it would be great if you used simple english , thanks.

AbdAlRahman said:
I,brian

I dont know whats your problem really , use simple words please , im bad at english so if it would be great if you used simple english , thanks.

My point in English is that those "predictions" don't read like predictions, but instead of very forceds interpretations.

I'll be very surprised if mainstream Islamic scholars would agree with the "predictions" as they are presented above in English, unless there is a depth to the Arabic that is not being properly explained.

I have to agree with I, Brian. The Qu'ran should be judged on it's moral and ethical teaching and the knowledge within it rather then "scientific facts."

Just to unravel some stuff here: God presents alot of verses such as:

He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress. (Quran, 55:19-20)

He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. (Quran, 25:5)

Thus, this verses is talking about the seas not mixing etc. Something that wasn't discovered untill recently in this period of history.

The Heaven, We have built it with power. Verily, we are expanding it (Quran, 51:47)

This is in relation to the universe expanding. Something that is an extreme major finding within modern science.

I won't rant on - but there are ALOT of stuff like this all over the Qu'ran. But why may you ask? Why has God put such things here? The reason I believe is so we can recognise the immense complexity that Allah has put into his creation. The simple things like a bee it's community is so simple on first glance - however, when one studies the bee, that person realises just how complex the matters are. Out of the 114 Surahs in the Qu'ran, there is one titled "Al-Nahl" which literally means "Bee".

Check this: http://harunyahya.com/presentation/miracle_of_the_honeybee/index.html

"Praise be to God. He will show you His Signs and you will recognise them. Your Lord is not heedless of anything you do." (Qur'an an-Naml: 93)

Thus - through his signs can we understand his creation and the power of God blessed be he :)

Salam.

Dear AbdAlRahman .... thank you for your questions .... I can see that you feel strongly about the relevance of the Quran for all time and that is why you posted the information about "predictions in the Qu'Ran" .... as you say, it can be interpreted many ways and all I was trying to do was offer another interpretation to the passages you used .... I think it is a good book but it has been interpreted in ways to support terrorism and other extremist views .... that makes it hard for some of us that are not Muslim to understand .... I'm trying to understand that there is something better than what I have heard .... I wish you well in your quest for meaning ....me ke aloha pumehana, pohaikawahine

Quote:
</FONT>He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. (Quran, 25:5)

"Thus, this verses is talking about the seas not mixing etc. Something that wasn't discovered untill recently in this period of history."

I just wanted to add something to this posting .... I don't understand that this wasn't discovered until recently .... we, in the pacific, have always known this because when you swim in the ocean and a fresh water crack appears you immediately feel it .... you can swim down in salt water and actually drink fresh water because it does not mix .... the process of collection fresh water from the ocean is also in a name that is carried in my family line .... I have done it myself many times as a child because it was always fun .... so I guess I don't understand the comment about a recent discovery??? Maybe I have misunderstood the quote .... pohaikawahine

Well i never said that i beleave int he Qu'Ran becouse of the predictions , no , the predictions are there to tell people that the Qu'Ran was not written by a human without the help of God.

And im not happy about the terrorist they arent muslims in my eyes , they priobably misunderstood the Qu'Ran or they dont evin use it , i dont know ,anything could happen , but i siggest for everyone not to judge a religion by what a human did , i mean i saw allot of bad things going on in other religons especially christianity , they say that preists are homosexual and all , i didint judge the bible infact i beleave in the bible and in Jesus , and i dont care what a human did , i care whats in the book , and the Qu'Ran is something amazing in my eyes , i never seen any book like it , its just amazing .

And yeah i had that feeling that the sea was cold deeper i mean suddenly cold , but o never thought it was 2 difrent kinds of waters and all , so you cant judge the hole book by that verse , look at it overall .

And about your expereance of the fresha nd salt water , it was allways a theory untill it was scientificly prooven , and it not only fresh and salt its salt with salt but each have difrent ammounts of salt and sdifrent things in them that they didint mix , for example , people use to say that [ages aggo ] that the world is flat and that the earth is in the centre of the universe and that the sun is the one moving , but all of that is wrong , as you know , and all of the truth is in the Qu'Ran .

You must visit http://www.miraclesofthequran.com you will find it interesting .

And you must know that muslims dont beleave in Allah/God becouse of these, these predictions are mentioned in the Qu'Ran and God said he will reveal some miracles to make it clear to people something like that , so these so called miracles from the Qu'Ran are proof that the Qu'Ran couldent be made up by a false prophet or by a normal human being without the help of God.

And you will still find some predictions and miracles in the bible i have no doubt , but some have trouble understanding it .

Thanks

Abdarrahman

This is a discussion forum, not a place where you advertise for links. How about submitting one of those predictions.

Im not advertising , there are allot of predictions, i cant post 1 by 1 ....

Back