Is the bible corrupted.

AbdAlRahman

Reaction score
Hello , this topic is only to discuss if the bible is curropted , and i will only provide verses that come from the bible , here is the place to explain if the verses are misunderstood and all.

First of all when i say " The Bible " im talking about all the versions that exsist .

Firstly i saw a site and a forum that said that there is several or seven false bibles :

NINew International VersionNASNew American Standard VersionNKJNew King James VersionRSRevised Standard VersionNRSNew Revised Standard VersionLBThe Living BibleNCNew Century Version OTHR Other New Ones
I got this from a site off google so just google " false bibles " and you will get some sites.

Its really sad becouse i have a NI bible i took from a hospital , becouse some of the nurses there use it , and they used it for some time becouse it looks old , so its just sad.

Anyway thats one point , if all of those are false bibles , then how do we know there is an untouched bible .

Here are some QUOTES people use :
I wish somone can explain them

"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

"How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it (i.e., the bible) into a LIE. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

Note: This gospel is the oldest and supposedly the most original one in the New Testament!

"Although there is no direct internal evidence of authorship, it was the unanimous testimony of the early church that this Gospel was written by John Mark.
(From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1488)"

"Serious doubts exists as to whether these verses belong to the Gospel of Mark. They are absent from important early manuscripts and display certain peculiarities of vocabulary, style and theological content that are unlike the rest of Mark. His Gospel probably ended at 16:8, or its original ending has been lost. (From the NIV Bible Foot Notes, page 1528)"

And something about pouls lies and all , let us just focuse on the quotes above.

"and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 20:8)"

Thanks if you dont delete it :)

Re: Is the biblr currupted.

Jerimiah 8:8 is not describing the verses, or passages in the Torah (Old Testament). He is describing other "laws of the Lord" as for example the 613 Mizvat, that Jews were "required" to keep. Law upon law was heaped on the people, in order to keep control over them by the high priests. It got to the point where one couldn't get out of bed (nor stay in it) without violation one of the "Lord's Laws".

So no, my friend this is not an example of Bible corruption, it is a perfect example of legal garblegook, of the times, and Jeremiah was calling the "Scribes" to task for their stupidity in clouding the truth of God by creating all these rules for men to try to keep, instead of sticking to the basics of the Torah.

Hope that helps.

v/r

Q

True Christianity only follows Jesus and his teachings, but for some reason Christians follow the Old Testament and what not. The Old Testament contradicts Jesus and so does Revelation. Jesus taught patience and non-violence, the Old Testament often does not. Jesus said only the father knows when the last days will come, and yet people are so convinced with the book of Revelation, which does not come from God.

The teachings of Jesus do not contradict each other (either directly from Jesus or from Paul's teachings of Jesus) but every other part of the Bible does.

Silverbackman said:
True Christianity only follows Jesus and his teachings, but for some reason Christians follow the Old Testament and what not. The Old Testament contradicts Jesus and so does Revelation. Jesus taught patience and non-violence, the Old Testament often does not. Jesus said only the father knows when the last days will come, and yet people are so convinced with the book of Revelation, which does not come from God.

The teachings of Jesus do not contradict each other (either directly from Jesus or from Paul's teachings of Jesus) but every other part of the Bible does.

No, the OT and NT contradict nothing. But since some people refuse to read what is posted through out this Christian forum (because they only want to express their own opinion), we have to repeat over and over again the folly of their points.

I'll say it once for the cheap seats. Jesus did not come to destroy the law. He declared He came to fulfill it.

v/r

Q

So do you maintain that there is absolutely no corruption in the bible? A document which is now a copy of a copy of a copy of a many thousand year old text?

I dont think the key message has been lost but there must surely be some corruption in the specifics, which may be the source of some of this confusion over whether or not the bible contradicts itself?

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
So do you maintain that there is absolutely no corruption in the bible? A document which is now a copy of a copy of a copy of a many thousand year old text?

I dont think the key message has been lost but there must surely be some corruption in the specifics, which may be the source of some of this confusion over whether or not the bible contradicts itself?

Would it hurt your feelings if I said, not in the Bible, nor any scripture...only in people and what they intend? ;)

v/r

Q

eh.
i am thinking one of those little blue pills about right now.:cool:

Quahom1, I am not just talking about the first 5 books. Proverbs for example is a wisdom teachings of another time and should not be regarded to the same degree as with the teachings of Jesus. Revelations was not from God because it contradicted Jesus.

I'm curious, did Jesus say that Christians must follow the Old Testament?

It has been presented that the Book of Revelations is not from God on this forum but yet we have no example as to why this is believed by Silverback. Please give details as to why you believe this about Revelations. Vagueness is not sufficient.

Thats a new one to me.. Considering that Jesus spoke of the end times throughout his ministry on earth.. Each book has its purpose and I would surely not lessen the importance of psalms proverbs or song of solomon just because its the OT.. but then again I personally believe that Jesus was co- author and inspiration of each of those books. :)

I just realized this is a new thread... Didnt we read this already from the same person on a different thread?? I thought we had already discussed all this.. I believe Dor answered you on this in the other thread. Try reading the KJV of it.

I dont understand how the last verse posted shows corruption.. we can see who Gog and Magog are by reading the OT.. It actually proves itself if you read Genesis.. I believe its chapter 10 that lists the descendents of Noahs sons. Here let me post them for you. Remember that the OT was written at most 1000 years before John penned Revelation.

Eze 38:2 "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Gen 10:2 The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.

1Ch 1:5 The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.

Eze 39:6 And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.

Noone told me if the false bibles are really false , becouse if they are we then can say that THE BIBLE is currupted.

Thats another thing , when somone says , the bible there like 40 versions and most of them are false according to the list , and they were written with athourity so we need to clear that up first and then we will take verse by verse and explain what the verses mean .

And by the way , they wher called false bibles , becouse many who study the bible saw some errors in it , thats what some of the sites say .

Well as much as I hate to step into this topic. They say many of the newer versions are false bibles because of the texts that were translated to start with. Also some of them were written specifically to advance one religions on agenda such as The New World Translation. Others they say are false because they change some verses to downplay the diety of Christ. Some examples...

Luk 2:33 And Joseph and his mother marveled at those things which were spoken of him. (KJV)
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]2:33 And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him;[/font] (RSV)

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (KJV)
16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.(NIV)

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins(KJV)
14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.(NIV)

Those are a few verses they use to say there are false bibles but there are many and if the Holy Spirit wants you to get the message you will get it no matter which one you read...So I will not say the Bible is corrupted but I will say some versions have been altered and corrupted by man.

ProphetSmurf said:
It has been presented that the Book of Revelations is not from God on this forum but yet we have no example as to why this is believed by Silverback. Please give details as to why you believe this about Revelations. Vagueness is not sufficient.

Jesus said not even he knows when he will return in his gospels, nor the holy spirit. Only the father knows when he returns, and yet Revelation acts as if humans can somehow know when the end of days are coming:rolleyes:.

Silverbackman said:
Jesus said not even he knows when he will return in his gospels, nor the holy spirit. Only the father knows when he returns, and yet Revelation acts as if humans can somehow know when the end of days are coming:rolleyes:.

No it doesn't. It says to prepare for the coming. No where does it imply that man knows when Jesus will return, nor when the end of days are. It also says not to worry about such things. Live life daily.

Silverback, you will have to present specific verbage to back your claims. Otherwise, all is awash.

v/r

Q

Silverbackman said:

No I believe you need to go get you a nice new copy of the KJV and read Revelation. No where if there does it say or imply exactly when it will happen but mearly signs of what is going to happen!

So is the bible corruped,? even if men have corruped Gods pure word of truth down through the ages, it will make no difference , because Jehovah God will make sure that in the last days the true knowledge will be come abundant:)

mee.. we agee on something else!! That bridge keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Silver you are speaking of two totally different things.. Only the Father knows the MOMENT Jesus will return.. But he certainly gave us clues to watch for so we arent caught unawares.. like a thief in the night will He return.

If you are looking for inconsistancies.. you will find them if you arent willing to use some common sense...

Ok but really sometimes people misunderstand verses that probably got over written , like the 4 corners of the earth , everyone knows that the earth doesent have 4 courness , maybe its a currupted verse or maybe it has a meaning .

AbdAlRahman said:
Ok but really sometimes people misunderstand verses that probably got over written , like the 4 corners of the earth , everyone knows that the earth doesent have 4 courness , maybe its a currupted verse or maybe it has a meaning .

Well since you did not give a specific verse I will have to guess at which one you meant.
Isa 11:12 And he shall set up5375 an ensign5251 for the nations,1471 and shall assemble622 the outcasts5080 of Israel,3478 and gather together6908 the dispersed5310 of Judah3063 from the four4480, 702 corners3671 of the earth.776
H3671
כּנף

kânâph

kaw-nawf'

From H3670; an edge or extremity; specifically (of a bird or army) a wing, (of a garment or bed clothing) a flap, (of the earth) a quarter, (of a building) a pinnacle: - + bird, border, corner, end, feather [-ed], X flying, + (one an-) other, overspreading, X quarters, skirt, X sort, uttermost part, wing ([-ed]).

So we can see that they were not saying literal corners but the 4 extremities of the world...or the north, south, east and west for as far as you can go.

Back