ISM's

pohaikawahine

Elder Member
Reaction score
what is the basic differences in Saivism, Sikhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism and what are the connections .... is it primarily location or are there some philosophical differences in approach to enlightnment .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

Namaste pohaikawahine,

i think that your subject is probably too broad to really engender discussion.

perhaps, you could narrow your question down a bit?

metta,

~v

Vajradhara said:
Namaste pohaikawahine,

i think that your subject is probably too broad to really engender discussion.

perhaps, you could narrow your question down a bit?

metta,

~v

mahalo vajradhara .... you are probably right and i'll think of a way to reword this question .... I guess I was thinking that they are all connected by a common thread and it may be the path to wisdom or enlightenment .... me ke aloha pumehana, pohaikawahine

Namaste pohaikawahine,

thank you for the post.

are you native Hawaiian? what does your screen name mean, anything in particular? i sort of enjoy asking that question... in a way... it seems to allow an insight into the being more directly than some other ways.

in essence, those are 5 seperate religious paths.. to explain the commonalities and differences would be a rather daunting task, i suspect :) especially for an internet chat forum :)

metta,

~v

mahalo v and i-brian .... i have read quite a lot about all of them ... (but thank you much for the references) .... I believe that "there are many paths to the top of the mountain, but when we get there we will all see the same moon" (can't remember the refernce to this saying .... but i really love it) .... and I think that was the essence of what I wanted to know .... does all lead to the process of self-realization .... which is just another way of saying the path to knowledge or wisdom .... this is the link i see in all religions and ancient ways and this is where i believe we need to return in order to bring balance back into our lives and therfore back into our world .... how we get there may be different, but when we get there we will meet again and live in peace ....

and yes, i am hawaiian .... however i do not live on the islands right now, i live in california .... my name literally means "a circle of women" (it was given to me by a circle of my aunties) .... but it is also connected to an ancient group called the "birdwomen of molokai" who together hold the keys and knowledge and are the gatekeepers of this knowledge .... that is all i can say about this .... thank you for asking ..... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

Back