• Both

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • In A Reality Of Its Own

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Silverbackman

Prince Of Truth
Reaction score
What do you think? Physical reality is usually defined as matter or observable physical material (or anything that takes up place). However recreantly physics as shown us that time and space are very much linked and that they have natural relationship. Einstein proposed time as 4 dimension of movement but in a way time still is different than physical reality especially considering that it maybe very relative. You also cannot observe time, but you can study by studying its mechanics and history.

Or can time be more apart of spiritual reality? Or perhaps both are very much linked. What do you think?

Silverbackman said:
Physical reality is usually defined as matter or observable physical material

Physical material always has a location. From any point in the universe, any piece of physical material is x metres right, y metres up, z metres foreward and t seconds into the future. (where x y z and t can be positive or negative)

Of course, the units are different and we can only travel in one direction in time, but I think this is down to our own limitations as sentient beings rather than the rules of the universe.

Time and space are entities as we created physical reality, and assist us accepting it, eh?

Sort of disctract us from understaning spiritual though...hmmm.

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
Physical material always has a location. From any point in the universe, any piece of physical material is x metres right, y metres up, z metres foreward and t seconds into the future. (where x y z and t can be positive or negative)

Of course, the units are different and we can only travel in one direction in time, but I think this is down to our own limitations as sentient beings rather than the rules of the universe.

Awaiting The Fifth, that is true what you say. However it is a lot harder to graph time as it is to graph 3D space. On a 3D plane you have the X-axis, the Y-axis, and a Z-axis. The T-axis is a lot harder to see (sort of like spiritual reality), but we can sense it (like physical reality). So it can be confusing but you are probably right that time is closer to physical reality especially considering time and space are linked and are elements of Nature (although not everyone agrees with the notion).

yes it is...its often refered to as the space-time continuum. youc cant have one without the other

A few semi-connected observations:

The best characterization I've heard is that time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once. I suppose by analogy that space is God's way of keeping everything from being in the same place.

Everything in our experience, both physical and spiritual, occurs "in time", i.e., it takes time, just as all physical objects occur in space.

One thing to notice is that although we commonly use nouns to characterize space and time, it is probably a mistake to think of them as things. They are more like relationships among things. Space is a set of relationships among objects; time is a set of relationships among events.

Back