Mind of the Brahmin – the thought waves of the future!

_Z_

from far far away
Reaction score

After reading about this some years ago, I often wonder upon the meaning! I think that all of our thoughts are ‘transmitted’ into the Ether, some are reflected most merge into the ‘thought environment’ of universal mind [or just ‘mind’ – simply the nature of mind without dimension etc.]. Do Brahmins have an understanding of mind that allows them to become one with it, hence knowing what the mind knows of the future? Or can they manipulate [sorry to use such a term] the 'thought streams'? I think of druids as much the same as Brahmins – this is why I ask, I believe it is possible to affect our environment and even individuals with ‘trance-thought’ – ‘the force has a powerful effect on those of week mind’ [star wars quote], and that it is wise to balance and merge with the streams rather than try to change things or manipulate them unnecessarily.

What are your thoughts on this?

Z

Hrmmm.... read 'The Holographic Universe' by Michael Talbot
'Science and the Akashic Field' by ... Laszlo (forgot his first name)
'The Yoga of Time Travel' by (somethingsomething) Wolf (again, sorry for the lack of info)

In the Indian traditions, the Brahmins are not the only ones who have 'claim' to the 'metareality'. Anyone who has conquered 'Self' can hop in there and muck about.:D

Read the Bhagavad Gita, The Yoga Sutras, most of the Upanishads... The hits just keep on coming! The first step towards this newtype brain is to throw away all watches and 'time' pieces! They are EVIL !:eek:

Sub

>edit<

oh, and that part about 'merge with rather than alter the whatever' sounds an AWFUL lot like Philosophical Taoism. See Chuang Tzu and the like...

All Brahmins are yogis too, right? That means they can harness the prana and do some amazing things with it, including seeing into the future.

Hi All,

A wee bit of terminology first ;). Brahmin refers to a hereditary Vedic ritual priest (or a descendent of such a person). In ancient Hindu society, the Brahmin priests played a similar role as did the Druids in Celtic society. A yogi is anyone who practices one of the various yoga paths meant for Self-realization. The type of person that Z is referring who can manipulate thought streams is an accomplished yogi called a Siddha (a 'perfected one'). Many siddhas who have learned to harness the prana force have been known to control natural phenomena, go without eating, manipulate others thoughts, appear in visions, even materialize objects out of thin air! I’ve heard that generally those who’ve gained these powers feel it best not to use it that way.

Z, another good book to read is “Autobiography of a Yogi” by Paramahamsa Yogananda which speaks of several such Siddha masters.

A.

How similar is the prana force to the Taoist Qi? Shaolin Monks have been known to do some pretty amazing things with the energy if qi, and I assume that the two are very similar.

So do these Brahmins actually pay much attention the mythology or do they focus more on the Brahman, yoga, and metaphysics?

Subculture of one. Hello!

I have read many books on Hinduism, the science and the Akashic field sound great! I done a thread concerning omniscience [the ghost universe], I have a look at that one thanx!

The first step towards this newtype brain is to throw away all watches and 'time' pieces! They are EVIL

:D , yes, its more the lines and divisions imho, nothing wrong with paradoxical time or time as a ‘nature’ in the great ocean.

As for merging, I flow with the maat [mahat] – Egyptian Tao kind of. The akashic, sounds like the druidic ‘the book with no name’ or the ‘source’. Basically the aspect of universal spirit that inherently knows all things because it is one with all things i.e. it knows a thing like we know our arms and legs! Such is the difference between perception and knowing through oneness.

Silverbackman, hi

Prana, chi etc. are simply labels for different aspects of the universal spirit – imo we all use the same stuff y’know! ;)

Agniveda, hello!

Interesting! Its funny how the more advance one becomes, then the less we would wish to use the abilities that come with this advancement! ;) Unless you are a creator god of course :D .

my objective: to be universally invisable! and Z vanishes an a puff of smoke :p

thanx for replies folks!

Z

Silverbackman said:
How similar is the prana force to the Taoist Qi? Shaolin Monks have been known to do some pretty amazing things with the energy if qi, and I assume that the two are very similar.
I agree with Z. Prana, reiki, chi/qi are all the same universal life force … they just go by different names. There is no difference in the force, only in how people use it. Some people may be seduced by the dark side of the force. ;) :D
So do these Brahmins actually pay much attention the mythology or do they focus more on the Brahman, yoga, and metaphysics?
Well, the term Brahmin or Brahmana actually means a ‘knower of Brahman.’ In ancient society, the Brahmins were the keepers of the Vedic religion - they were the ritualists, the philosophers, preachers and teachers. They were supposed to lead a completely spiritual life, eat only what they obtain by begging, and earn only that which was gifted to them. Anyone who was willing and able could become a Brahmin. Over time, the system broke down, Brahminhood became strictly a hereditary occupation of rituals and lost much of its original meaning. Knowledge was restricted to the certain groups and the masses were given mythologies instead. Today, the term Brahmin refers to a Hindu temple priest who performs Vedic and Agamic rituals and ceremonies (or someone who claims his ancestry within such a community). The ones who teach philosophy, metaphysics, and yoga/mediation are monks or Swamis, and their followers. The Swamis may come from any background, but they have to renounce their former life, community, birth name, etc. Since all Hindu monks follow some sort of yoga path, they may be referred to as yogis.

A.

agnideva

Brahma is the personified creator god yes? And Brahman is the impersonal version – or is that back to front? I am glad druidry came to and ‘end’ before it got systemised and formed into a religion, as we would know a religion today. I draw many parallels on various ancient faiths.

So is a god as considered in Hindu philosophy, a representative of a nature of universal spirit [I don’t know the Hindu equivalent?]? or are god thought to ‘shape’ the spirit?

Z

_Z_ said:
Brahma is the personified creator god yes? And Brahman is the impersonal version – or is that back to front? I am glad druidry came to and ‘end’ before it got systemised and formed into a religion, as we would know a religion today. I draw many parallels on various ancient faiths

So is a god as considered in Hindu philosophy, a representative of a nature of universal spirit [I don’t know the Hindu equivalent?]? or are god thought to ‘shape’ the spirit?
Namaste Z,

There are many ways to think about God in Hindu philosophy. In fact, there are many different philosophies. Generally, we say that different philosophies have been presented so that people of different capacities can each understand reality in their own way.

Getting back to your question, I think the best way to understand this is through the monistic Vedanta philosophy. Vedanta explains Brahman in two phases: the higher and the lower, the impersonal and the personal. The higher is the Nirguna Brahman (Brahman without attributes, the impersonal Ultimate Reality), and the lower is Ishvara a.k.a. Saguna Brahman (Brahman with infinite attributes, the personal God). Ishvara is imagined as having three aspects or facets … as the Creator (Brahma), Sustainer (Vishnu), and Destroyer (Rudra). So we could say that Ishvara is the means and the Nirguna Brahman is the goal.

Monistic philosophies of Hinduism are panentheistic. In other words, God is the substratum of all form (the universe), pervades form (the universal spirit and its focal point, Ishvara), and beyond form (Nirguna Brahman). Monistic philosophies maintain that if anything not be God, then we are speaking of some sort of a finite limited being.

I hope I answered your question. (?) :)

A.

Namaste, agnideva

Yes, that answers my question! I like the idea of different philosophies for different ways. I am surprised at the idea of ‘something that is not of god’, as it draws lines! [dualistic?] I suppose we can’t get away from hierarchies like the ‘higher and lower’, the subtle and the gross though.

As to the thought waves of the future; it is like if one visualises an event or idea, then if a Brahmin/druid is less formed or of less structured mind [more subtle], the mind does not clasp in its usual vortexing manner [drawing toward your centre] and hence the thoughts expand into the great ocean [spirit/mind Brahman]. The ocean is infinity, the infinite eye can see any part of time, history and future do not exist. Then there is the power of attraction, so what we put out into the world either comes back or ‘slots into’ another place in time – usually the near future.

With this I am wondering if the Brahmin can indeed create the future or at least aspects of it?

I see this around us all the time, as all people have a lesser or greater effect according to there nature [gross = less subtle minds = more effect]. We are not the boxed up minds that modern thought presumes us to be.

Thanx for replies :)

Z

Hey Agnideva, so what goes on in Hindu Temples? I always thought you have to worship some sort of God (like Shiva, Vishnu, ect.). Are there any temples that just teach out about vedic philosophy about the Brahman as well as teach you yoga and the path to the Brahman? How do Hindu temples work?

_Z_ said:

After reading about this some years ago, I often wonder upon the meaning! I think that all of our thoughts are ‘transmitted’ into the Ether, some are reflected most merge into the ‘thought environment’ of universal mind [or just ‘mind’ – simply the nature of mind without dimension etc.]. Do Brahmins have an understanding of mind that allows them to become one with it, hence knowing what the mind knows of the future? Or can they manipulate [sorry to use such a term] the 'thought streams'? I think of druids as much the same as Brahmins – this is why I ask, I believe it is possible to affect our environment and even individuals with ‘trance-thought’ – ‘the force has a powerful effect on those of week mind’ [star wars quote], and that it is wise to balance and merge with the streams rather than try to change things or manipulate them unnecessarily.

What are your thoughts on this?

Z

Z - I believe this is possible because our thoughts are waves of energy and they do interact with one another .... if we exist in a holographic matrix field of wave form energy, there is no plysical place in this existence where we do not have access to the infinite information contained in the field .... so in a sense we are all omniscient. If we generate a positive thought about changes in our world, or began to generate more thoughts about love, could we interact and increase the frequency of a particular wave .... if this can be done, than we can in fact change our world by simply changing our minds. And if we are able to use more of our minds, becoming whole brain thinkers again, the power of our thoughts would increase dramatically .... (by whole brain I am thinking of how the three hemispheres of the brain would work together) .

I always think of Easter Island and the moai (the huge heads) .... so many theories about how they were made and how they were moved .... but the ancient legends tell us that a circle of elders were simply able to do this with their minds ..... hmmmmmm .... and there is place in the south pacific called nam madol (it is suppose to be part of the lost continent of lemuria) .... there are basalt columns that make up structures that have also been studied for years and it is still unknown how they were moved .... the local legends will tell us that is was "magic", the ability of two brothers to use their minds ....

in ancient hawaii the island of molokai was known as the island with powerful forces .... legend tells us that when the island was attacked one day, the people of molokai came to the shore and began a chant, they created a barrier that spears and men could not penetrate .... the attackers fell on the beach and were not able to take the people of molokai captive .... this chant is called pule-o-o (or powerful prayer) and was done in unison by the people of molokai ....

I'm sure you can find many similar stories through other traditions, the point is that we are more than we think we are and I for one think that we are moving to a higher frequency of thought ..... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

in ancient hawaii the island of molokai was known as the island with powerful forces .... legend tells us that when the island was attacked one day, the people of molokai came to the shore and began a chant, they created a barrier that spears and men could not penetrate .... the attackers fell on the beach and were not able to take the people of molokai captive .... this chant is called pule-o-o (or powerful prayer) and was done in unison by the people of molokai ....

pohaikawahine,

Hello...didnt these ancient Islanders have a word that corresponds with pranna,Ki or Chi? What is it? Dose Lomi Massage manipulate such energy?

Curious

Hi pohaika, [i dont know what to call you for short?]

I think that thought go beyond ‘energy’ but I know what you mean by the word, - more like Ether. I think much the same concerning omniscience, for me all knowledge and wisdom is ‘out there’ we just have to find a route to it! I think we do use all of our brain in the sense that it is there for when we need it, like with computers – most of the resources are rarely used, and in meditation probably hardly any of it specifically yet most of it as a whole.

Interesting – about the traditions, it is said that the druids repelled the first Roman invasion by stirring up a tremendous storm, then there is the lost fleet of kubli khan – perhaps the Japanese done similar, thwarting an invasion by the mongols!

Mana, I don’t know much about this, but if there is a reality to a magic then it is something we can all use – there is only one universal spirit.

there are three words for "mana" and they all have different meanings depending on the vocal intonation .... I don't know how to show the symbols on a computer, but there will be a line over the vowel which is called a macron and this differentiates the words ....so let me try,

"mana" with no macrons means power pssed by man, but originating in the supernatural and thus always imbued with a mystic quality.

"mana" with a macron over the first 'a' means trait or characteristic

"mana" with marons over both "a's" means dry or desert

there is a lot to the subject of mana, but one piece that you might find interesting was than when a person of specailized talent was about to die they would expell their breath into a chosen successor's mouth .... this passing on of mana that made him an expert in an art or craft was in thisway directly passed on to another ....the mana imparted by the 'ha' (breath) kept the art alive.

the universal energy which might be closer to the concept of chi or pranna would probably be 'kukui' which is a form of psychic energy, the energy of light that travels through the body in meditation or prayer. Everything is a manifestation of divine energy and this energy is manifested in form by using the sacred name of god which was never uttered except by one priest in any given generation on each of the islands ....

hope this helps .... he hawai'i au, poh

Hi Z,
_Z_ said:
I like the idea of different philosophies for different ways. I am surprised at the idea of ‘something that is not of god’, as it draws lines! [dualistic?]
Dualism indeed! Hinduism has very strong dualistic schools as well. Hindu dualism speaks of eternal differences between God, soul and matter. So I guess the monistic philosophers speak of the impossibility of ‘something that is not of God’ to answer to the dualistic arguments.

I suppose we can’t get away from hierarchies like the ‘higher and lower’,the subtle and the gross though.
Guess not! :). The Vedanta admits that ultimately there is no higher, lower, gross, subtle, unity or duality. I see philosophies as only guides, only ways to explain things so they begin to make sense. Even then it is hard to grasp concepts sometimes. In monism, we may say think of the oneness as an ocean without shores, without an ocean floor. This seems like a great analogy, but only until you realize that you’re imagining the ocean from the surface :D

the infinite eye can see any part of time, history and future do not exist. Then there is the power of attraction, so what we put out into the world either comes back or ‘slots into’ another place in time – usually the near future.
With this I am wondering if the Brahmin can indeed create the future or at least aspects of it?
You're thinking omniscience? I would say that a realized being at that level would be able to do any of these. I wonder though whether that being would have any desire/need to do so.

A.

Silverbackman said:
Hey Agnideva, so what goes on in Hindu Temples? I always thought you have to worship some sort of God (like Shiva, Vishnu, ect.). Are there any temples that just teach out about vedic philosophy about the Brahman as well as teach you yoga and the path to the Brahman? How do Hindu temples work?
Silver, Hindu temples are places of external worship. Traditional temples will have a central shrine with an image of Ishvara, and subsidiary shrines of Mahâdevas. People may go to temple to pray individually, or to participate in a group worship ceremony called a pujâ. Pujâs are led by priests and involve chanting mantras from the Vedas and other texts, and conclude with a ceremony called ârati. After the pujâ, devotees may sing devotional hymns called bhajans, then perform circumambulation and prostration. On rare occasions, ancient vedic fire rituals called yajnas are also held in temples. The priests do not lecture or give sermons, unless specifically asked. They perform the rituals and give a blessing to the attendees. We consider rituals an important part of our religion because they are an external manifestation of devotion, and are performed to train us from the outside in (as Vajra said about Buddhism :)). In addition, we believe that the ritual worship allows for a communion, an experience of Divine presence and love. In other words, ritual worship is an external form of yoga.

Generally, people learn about philosophy and metaphysics by svâdhyâya (self-study), or better yet from a Guru. There are many âshrams that teach yoga practices, meditation and philosophy. These âshrams are run mostly by monks and sometimes include small temple of their own. Examples of such organizations are: Vedanta Society, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, Siddha Yoga, Chinmaya Mission, Arsha Vidya, etc. Some take a universalist approach, others are more traditional.

Hope that helps.

Pohaikawahine,

That was very interesting indeed! I would have thought - if i may - that mana [all kinds but I am not sure on the desert version? Is this like ‘empty’?], and ‘kukui’ were both different forms of the same thing [universal spirit] – perhaps like branches of the same tree. I am just thinking that the craft/skill passed on through the vehicle of breath [I liked that one!] would have been imbedded in the Ether/spirit/prana/kukui.

What do you think on this?

Thank you! For reply. :)

Agniveda, hi

The Vedanta admits that ultimately there is no higher, lower, gross, subtle, unity or duality.

Yes like the stem of the tree of life, beyond infinity [nothingness/everythingness – undifferentiated], then all things depart into the multiplicity [the illusion of].

I see philosophies as only guides, only ways to explain things so they begin to make sense

Yes, it is better to understand the flow of eternal currents [Ether streams], than that which we form around them i.e. knowledge, words meanings – philosophy etc.

You're thinking omniscience?

Well omniscience would concern perceptions from which knowledge is built [see above] yet to perceive a thing and to be one with the ‘silent meaning’ [eternal currents – and or the very ‘thing’ itself] of that thing is completely different. The spirit ‘knows’ as we know our head, body and limbs! Because it is the covert essence that is the ‘reality’ within the illusion! Thus the infinite eye sees by being one with – it is ‘the canvas upon which ‘reality’ is painted’. So we will have to invent another word!

Perhaps the truth of it is that; Brahmins and druids etc. tune into the flow of eternal currents rather than directing them, hmm actually no – one can change some things by thought, yet other currents are too strong or impervious to change [at least from us].

Z

Agnideva said:
Silver, Hindu temples are places of external worship. Traditional temples will have a central shrine with an image of Ishvara, and subsidiary shrines of Mahâdevas. People may go to temple to pray individually, or to participate in a group worship ceremony called a pujâ. Pujâs are led by priests and involve chanting mantras from the Vedas and other texts, and conclude with a ceremony called ârati. After the pujâ, devotees may sing devotional hymns called bhajans, then perform circumambulation and prostration. On rare occasions, ancient vedic fire rituals called yajnas are also held in temples. The priests do not lecture or give sermons, unless specifically asked. They perform the rituals and give a blessing to the attendees. We consider rituals an important part of our religion because they are an external manifestation of devotion, and are performed to train us from the outside in (as Vajra said about Buddhism :)). In addition, we believe that the ritual worship allows for a communion, an experience of Divine presence and love. In other words, ritual worship is an external form of yoga.

Generally, people learn about philosophy and metaphysics by svâdhyâya (self-study), or better yet from a Guru. There are many âshrams that teach yoga practices, meditation and philosophy. These âshrams are run mostly by monks and sometimes include small temple of their own. Examples of such organizations are: Vedanta Society, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, Siddha Yoga, Chinmaya Mission, Arsha Vidya, etc. Some take a universalist approach, others are more traditional.

Hope that helps.

So meditation and mind training exercises are classified as internal yoga, while rituals and chants out loud and stuff are external yoga? Harnessing the prana can only be attained by internal yoga, and internal yoga has been shown by many to reduce stress and stuff.

So is yogasana a big part of yoga preperation for Hindus? Or has that aspect only be magnified in the West? Do all yoga followers know yogasana?

Back