Abrahamic? Am I missing the meaning?

Discussion in 'Baha'i' started by Mick, Dec 2, 2005.

1. smkolins

smkolins Bahá'í

Contrary to a comment earlier, Baha'is believe if we shared quotations from scripture, at least with an intent to learn and appreciate and respect, *rather than our own interpritations* then we would have fewer arguments.

Baha'is beleive we also stand in need of the Priesthood of God, just not of our fellow man. Or woman.

2. iBrian

iBrian Peace, Love and Unity Admin

Hi InChristAlways - please take note of my PM to you a few days ago - your current posting on this board comes across as evangelising to another religion.

3. InChristAlways

InChristAlways Well-Known Member

Hi Brian. I am away from my home for the holidays and just read your message and responded with an apology.

The study of Sriptures is a "retirement hobby" of mine and I love getting others views on the Bible without appearing to "evangelize".
    Sorry about that brother.
    Steve

4. BruceDLimber

BruceDLimber Baha'i

Hi! :)

Well, in that case, please permit me to say that Baha'is--all of us the world over--accept and believe in both Christ and the Bible, and view the Bible as legitimate, God-sent scripture (containing many prophecies about the coming of the Baha'i Faith), though what we follow directly is our own Baha'i scriptures.

Best,

Bruce

5. Seeker_of_truth

Seeker_of_truth Well-Known Member

Thanks Mick for supplying this list. I think ill use it for future teaching oportunities.

-Seeker

6. BruceDLimber

BruceDLimber Baha'i

Hi, Seeker! :)

For the record, I've also seen such short lists that list Jesus' main stress as love, and Muhammad's as submission.

Regards,

Bruce

7. Mick

Mick World Citizen

I too have seen the suggestion that love describes Jesus' mission. I personally like forgiveness. For me, it seems to clarify the fact that "forgiveness" did not only pertain to His crucifixation, but was charged to each of us as an expectation of His message.

By the way, I love the "submission" you suggested for Muhammed, but I will still stick with Civil Order. Submission in the message of Muhammed would be that we are expected to submit to God's will, I would think. A powerful message, particularly for a bunch of blood thirsty bandits, as those that he preached to were considered at the time. I believe it was His Civil Order that truly changed the world and still has impact on our lives today.

Seeker of truth, you may use it anyway you like. Like I said, I once put a list together for a public talk I did. The intention was to try to simplify the message of each of the Manifestations so we could get a feeling of similarity rather than trying to insist on their similarities amongst their vast differences today caused by culture and time.

Allah'u'Abha friend.

Mick

8. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Hey Mick,

Good to see your posts today!

Welcome back!

- Art

9. BruceDLimber

BruceDLimber Baha'i

Indeed, Mick, the very name Islam means "submission!"

Best,