preggy hits ground sky diveing

Zazen said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051213/ap_on_re_us/skydiver_s_plunge

do u guys think stuff like this is a so called 'miracle' of god or what have u good karma whatever? cause this doesnt really make any sense that someone espcially a woman can survive i mean who survives such a thing 1 in a million?

My son fell 2500 feet with no open shute, and landed in a 12 ft snow bank in Alaska, 12 months ago. A couple of busted ribs and a cracked hip is all he got for his situation. (being unconcious helped I think). You guessed it...Army.

I think it happens more often than we realise.

v/r

Q

Some things happen only rarely, but the fact that they happen rarely does not make them, in themselves, remarkable.

Statistics are a funny thing. We humans have a tendency to accept that a given thing may happen NORMALLY once in a thousand occurences, but we still look at that one in a thousand as unnatural and thought-provoking.

Not to say that it isn't either of those things, but my point is that it doesn't have to be.

Sarah

sara[h]ng said:
Some things happen only rarely, but the fact that they happen rarely does not make them, in themselves, remarkable.

Statistics are a funny thing. We humans have a tendency to accept that a given thing may happen NORMALLY once in a thousand occurences, but we still look at that one in a thousand as unnatural and thought-provoking.

Not to say that it isn't either of those things, but my point is that it doesn't have to be.

Sarah

...unless you or someone close to you is the one who came through the incident in more or less one piece...;)

v/r

Q

sara[h]ng said:
Exactly my point. It's an egocentric point of view.

Sarah

LOL well, better that then the ground rising up to meet you at 125 mph...:D

Back