What the HELL was Satan Thinking???

Pico

Reaction score
This is a question my dad has wondered (he's never read the Bible, but is Christain). The book of Revelation states how Satan will be tormented in Hell forever and ever. So why did Satan think he can take on God? He should know he can't overpower his own creator.

Well I pondered this and I think I figure it out:

Satan fell because of his pride; he was one of God's mightiest angels, and because of his pride he wanted to be like God, but he couldn't so he tried to take on God and was cast down to Earth. (Rev. 12:7-8)

Now only God is the master of Time, for he created the Universe (which consists of Space and Time). Everything else is bound to the rules of the universe God created. I am assuming that angels are bound to the laws of Time too.

As we can see in the Bible, the Godly people (i.e. Prophets), were told and wrote down prophecy from God, because God is the only one who is not a slave to time. His angels, who are messangers of God, sometimes carry messages of the future from God.

So considering Satan is as far from God as it gets, he does not have the gift of prophecy (or foresight), and has no idea what's comming to him. Also, because of his pride he still thinks he can take on God.

This makes sence to me. What do you think?

I think you'll find the issue of the Fall from Heaven is one of those subjects with far greater volume of speculation than authoritative scriptural sources. :)

Pico said:
This is a question my dad has wondered (he's never read the Bible, but is Christain). The book of Revelation states how Satan will be tormented in Hell forever and ever. So why did Satan think he can take on God? He should know he can't overpower his own creator.

Satan fell because of his pride; he was one of God's mightiest angels, and because of his pride he wanted to be like God, but he couldn't so he tried to take on God and was cast down to Earth. (Rev. 12:7-8)

Now only God is the master of Time, for he created the Universe (which consists of Space and Time). Everything else is bound to the rules of the universe God created. I am assuming that angels are bound to the laws of Time too.

As we can see in the Bible, the Godly people (i.e. Prophets), were told and wrote down prophecy from God, because God is the only one who is not a slave to time. His angels, who are messangers of God, sometimes carry messages of the future from God.

So considering Satan is as far from God as it gets, he does not have the gift of prophecy (or foresight), and has no idea what's comming to him. Also, because of his pride he still thinks he can take on God.

yes , you are right ,and the issue about universal sovreignty is still going on . but satan knows that God is more powerful than he is , Jehovah God has allowed satan to rule the earth 1 john 5;19thats why satan wants to take as many as he can down with him, when satan is put out the way for good. yes the issue of universal sovreignty was raised in the garden of eden, when satan said to eveIS IT REALLY SO THAT YOU CANNOT EAT FROM THE TREE in other words he was saying to eve take no notice of Gods way of doing things and do it my way, he wanted the worship for himself but not for much longer . and rather than satan not knowing whats coming to him , he knows full well whats coming to him thats why he is like a roaring lion out to devour someone
The purpose of all such demonic activity is to turn people against Jehovah and the pure worship of God.

(Matthew 8:29) And, look! they screamed, saying: "What have we to do with you, Son of God? Did you come here to torment us before the appointed time?.......yes the demons know they have got an appointed time when they will be got rid of

And yet the demons believe and shudder James 2;19 they know whats coming to them thats why

And the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place he has reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day. ... Jude 6 ...yes the great day is coming when they will be out the way for good

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him revelation 12;9 and in these last days it is even worse because they havent got long left

Pico said:

If I were the one "fallen from grace" and I knew there was no redemption for me, and as a result I had nothing but loathing for the master, what would I do? Why I would destroy everything the Master held dear, if I could. Or I would destroy as much of what the Master held dear as I could, in the amount of time I had left.

I would also garner as much sympathy for me as I possibly could, and turn everyone against the Master...

What do you think?

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
If I were the one "fallen from grace" and I knew there was no redemption for me, and as a result I had nothing but loathing for the master, what would I do? Why I would destroy everything the Master held dear, if I could. Or I would destroy as much of what the Master held dear as I could, in the amount of time I had left.

I would also garner as much sympathy for me as I possibly could, and turn everyone against the Master...

What do you think?

v/r

Q
yes ,that about sums it up GENESIS 3;15 is the first ever prophecy in the bible ,and it is all to do with 2 seeds , Gods seed and satans seed ,but no worries this old adversary of God will soon be crushed
After the first human pair had sinned, God said to the Devil: "I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel." (Genesis 3:15) God foretold that, sometime in the future, a "seed" would appear who would eventually destroy Satan and undo all the evil that the Serpent had started in Eden. so we see that God did not just leave matters to run their own course. Immediately after the problem arose, he took active steps to counteract sin and wickedness yes Genesis 3;14-15 is about a symbolic woman and this woman is the same woman that is spoken of in revelation 12 as giving birth to Gods kingdom in 1914 ,not long now be fore the old adversary is out the way .yes Jesus may have been bruised in the heel when satan tried to get rid of him, but that is only miner when compared to being bruised in the head .Jesus may have been put to death but he is now alive in the heavens . getting hurt in the heel is not the end of things but it will be for satan when he is hurt in the head

For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under YOUR feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with YOU romans 16;20

mee said:
yes Jesus may have been bruised in the heel when satan tried to get rid of him, but that is only miner when compared to being bruised in the head .Jesus may have been put to death but he is now alive in the heavens . getting hurt in the heel is not the end of things but it will be for satan when he is hurt in the head

For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under YOUR feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with YOU romans 16;20

Hehe, did you see "The Passion of the Christ?" At the beginning when Satan is trying to tempt Jesus it shows Him squish the snake's head with his heel.

Pico said:
Hehe, did you see "The Passion of the Christ?" At the beginning when Satan is trying to tempt Jesus it shows Him squish the snake's head with his heel.
LOL a sign of things to come i think

Back