Hope, Faith and Love

Quahom1

What was the question?
Reaction score
..."These three, but of these three, the greatest is Love"...

What are we being told (with specific direction?).

Hope, Faith, Love. These three. (para, sic) Corinthians 13:13

This is the Christian alma matta. What does this mean?

Hope, what is it?

Faith, what is it?

Love, what it it?

How do they work togetether? What do they mean to us? Why are they so important? Like the three legged stool, what happens when/if we lose sight of one?

What do you think?

v/r

Q

In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the sense of the Greek term el·pis´ (hope).... is expectation of good

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld." (Heb. 11:1)

What Greek word did Paul use at 1 Corinthians 13:13, where he mentioned faith, hope, and love and said that "the greatest of these is love"? Here the word is a·ga´pe, the same one that the apostle John used when he said: "God is love." (1 John 4:8, 16) This is a love guided or governed by principle.

Yes, a·ga´pe does good to others regardless of their status in life or the cost to the one expressing the love

mee said:
In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the sense of the Greek term el·pis´ (hope).... is expectation of good

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld." (Heb. 11:1)

What Greek word did Paul use at 1 Corinthians 13:13, where he mentioned faith, hope, and love and said that "the greatest of these is love"? Here the word is a·ga´pe, the same one that the apostle John used when he said: "God is love." (1 John 4:8, 16) This is a love guided or governed by principle.

Yes, a·ga´pe does good to others regardless of their status in life or the cost to the one expressing the love

HOLD THE PRESS! I want to freeze this moment. For an instant, we are all in agreement!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

v/r

W

Quahom1 said:
HOLD THE PRESS! I want to freeze this moment. For an instant, we are all in agreement!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

v/r

W
what i dont believe it:D he he

How do they work together?
{1 Thess 5:8} But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
In the context of the passage, it is made clear that these things will be especially needed "in the Day of the Lord." We must safeguard or hearts with the breastplate of faith and love, and our minds with the helmet of hope, to help us remain sober during the difficult times. :)

put on the complete armour from God, yes the helmet will protect our thinking ability

Our Christian hope is compared to a helmet because it protects our mind

Consider what a helmet does. The soldier of Bible times wore a helmet of copper or iron, fitted over a felt, wool, or leather cap. This helmet shielded his head from the flying arrows, swinging clubs, and slashing swords of warfare. Likely, then, few soldiers hesitated to wear a helmet if they had one. However, wearing the helmet did not mean that the soldier was invincible or that he felt nothing when his head was struck; rather, the helmet simply ensured that most blows glanced off instead of doing fatal damage

i thought a helmet was for giving haircuts or cracking hardboiled eggs.
and in 1914 the mullet was born and eggs over-easy came about.

Quahom1 said:
..."These three, but of these three, the greatest is Love"...

What are we being told (with specific direction?).

Hope, Faith, Love. These three. (para, sic) Corinthians 13:13

This is the Christian alma matta. What does this mean?

Hope, what is it?

Faith, what is it?

Love, what it it?

How do they work togetether? What do they mean to us? Why are they so important? Like the three legged stool, what happens when/if we lose sight of one?

What do you think?

v/r

Q

oh wait wait...i want to get my last post in for the old year & i cant think of a better one, than one on faith, hope & love.
it is a great thread Q!
there is so much i could say about this & so many scritpures on faith hope & love, but here is my simple, starter for what faith, hope & love is about to me. it is from a song that has been going around & round in my head for the last two weeks & i want to share.

:)
LOVE GREW, WHERE THE BLOOD FELL
FLOWERS OF HOPE SPRANG UP, FOR MEN IN MISERY.
SIN DIED, WHERE THE BLOOD FELL
AND BY FAITH, HIS BLOOD STILL FLOWS, FROM CALVARY
:)

Kinda Hard to argue against absolute Truth.... Their is really no room for misinterpretation on Faith, Hope, and LOVE. But Great Thread!!!!

Hope for a tomorrow, continued existance
Faith in God to bring a change in our lives,
Love of God outpoured in our hearts that we must share.

Back