Islam's view of Jesus

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The issue of how Muslims regard Jesus came up in another thread, but I couldn't find any thread specifically about this issue.

I think it's generally understood that Islam regards Jesus as a prophet - but what does that actually mean?

What does that mean his relationship with God was?
How does Islam therefore view the relationship between Jesus and Judaism?
What special gifts does Islam view Jesus as having had during his earthly life?

Any comments much appreciated. :)

Hello I, Brian
very important thread ....Thanks ;)
I think it's generally understood that Islam regards Jesus as a prophet - but what does that actually mean?
We Muslims believe that Jesus(PBUH) was one of the mightiest messengers of God, that he was the Christ, that he was born miraculously- without any male intervention(which many modern-day Christians do not believe today), that he gave life to the dead by God's permission, and that he healed those born blind and the lepers by God's permission. In fact, no Muslim is a believer UNLESS he believes in Jesus. Belief in Jesus is a necessity contained in the six articles of faith (not to be confused with the five pillars) that a Muslim needs to possess in order to be a believer.

Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.

No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does. The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Qur'an describes Jesus' birth as follows:

"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?'
He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing,
He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [3:42-47]

Muslims believe that Jesus was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother.

"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." [3:59]
During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Qur'an tells us that he said:

"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." [3:49]

Muhammad and Jesus, as well as the other prophets, were sent to confirm the belief in one God. This is referred to in the Qur'an where Jesus is reported as saying that he came:

"To attest the law which was before me, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." [3:50]

Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying:
"Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven. [Bukhari]

What does that mean his relationship with God was?

The Muslims rather contend that the miraculous birth of Jesus (peace be upon him) without a father does not make him a God or a "begotten" son of God. Allah said in the Qur'an (which is translated as follows):

"And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allah has begotten a son (Children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him."

"The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it: "Be!" - and it is."

(Qur'an, Al-Baqarah 2:116-117)

Further more Allah says in the Qur'an (which is translated as follows):

"Say: (O Muhammad) "He is Allah, (the) One", "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks)", "He begets not, nor was He begotten", "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."

(Qur'an, Al-Ikhlas 112:1-4)

The birth of Jesus (peace be upon him) was not any more supernatural than the creation of our father Adam. Allah said in the Qur'an (which is translated as follows):

"Verily, the likeness of 'Isa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was."

(Qur'an, Al-'Imran 3:59)

Our creator sent Prophets to set mankind on the right path. Jesus (peace be upon him) was similarly one of the Messengers of God, he was prepared by God to be sent to the Jews (children of Israel) who had deviated from the teachings of prophet Moses (peace be upon him) He (Allah) taught him the Book, the wisdom, the Torah, the Gospel and supported him with numerous miracles to prove that he was a Messenger from Allah. In the Qur'an Allah says (which is translated as follows):

"(Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from him, his name will be the Messiah 'Isa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."

"He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

"She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me", He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is."

"And He (Allah) will teach him ['Isa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.), (and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)."

"And will make him ['Isa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe."

"And I have to confirm that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me."

(Qur'an, Al-'Imran 3:45-50)

What special gifts does Islam view Jesus as having had during his earthly life?

The Qur’an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that he healed the blind and the leper by Allah’s leave, and that he raised the dead by his leave.
Allah demonstrates his power to create in every way. Allah created everyone we know from a man and a woman. But how about Adam, on whom be peace? God created him from neither a man nor a woman. And Eve from only a man, but not a woman. And, finally, to complete the picture, God created Jesus from a woman, but not a man.
The Qur’an specifies that these miracles were performed by Allah’s leave. This may be compared to the Book of Acts in the Bible, chapter 2, verse 22, where it says that the miracles were done by God to show that he approved of Jesus. Also, note that Jesus himself is recorded in the Gospel of John to have said, “I can do nothing of my own authority” (5:30). The miracles, therefore, were done not by his own authority, but by God’s authority.

The Miracles of Jesus

According to the Qur’an, Jesus, on whom be peace, performed the following miracles by Allah’s leave:

1. Spoke while he was only a baby.
2. Healed those born blind.
3. Healed the lepers.
4. Revived the dead.
5. Breathed life into a bird made of clay.

In the Qur’an Allah quotes Jesus, peace be upon him, as saying:

Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird by Allah’s leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah’s leave. And I announce to you what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you if you are to be believers.
And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me. Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.
(Qur’an 3: 49-51).

Again, in the Qur’an Allah tells us about the situation on the Day of Judgement:

In the day when Allah gathers together the messengers and says: What was your response (from mankind)? they say: We have no knowledge. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.
When Allah says: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto you and unto your mother; how I strengthened you with the holy Spirit, so that you spoke unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught you the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how you did shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and did blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and you did heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission . . . (Qur’an 5:109-110)

What is worthy to notice here is that the Prophet Muhammad, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, was honest enough to promulgate this information about Jesus. The religion taught by God through Muhammad would deny the divinity of Jesus.
What Allah emphasizes, though, is that the miracles of Jesus do not prove he was divine. The miracles he performed were a sign, a proof, that he was God’s messenger. He performed them with God’s help and permission. Those who use his miracles as proof of his divinity would choose to forget the following sayings of Jesus:
I can of my own authority do nothing. (John 5:30)

They also forget the declaration of Peter:

Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves know. (Acts 2:22 KJV).

These passages suggest that Jesus did not do miracles on his own. These, rather were accomplished by God’s leave. Allah reminds us of this. Jesus also constantly repeated to his audience that the miracles he performed were by God’s leave.

Thanks to all :)

"And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allah has begotten a son (Children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him."

No other religion :confused: in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does
. The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Qur'an describes Jesus' birth as follows:
Hi Friend. That is an incorrect statement as pagans and jews do not have the belief we have and why we are called Christ-ians, "anointed ones" of God and His children.

We [those IN CHRIST] go one step further in acknowledging Him as being the Lamb of God who was to take away the Sin of the Word, that He was crucified by the very Nation He came to, and conquered death by His resurrection and is what we base our full Faith in. I do not venerate Mary as the Catholics do by the way, but rather He who hung on the Cross for our sins, though some do view this as "Mary" in revelation.
Jesus always called her by "woman" not "mother".
Revelation 12:1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 5 She bore a male/man Child who was to Shepherd all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.
Steve

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John 11:50 nor reason that it is good for us that one man may die for the people, and not the whole nation perish.'

Luke 18:31
Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished [#5055].

Acts 13:29 and when they did complete [#5055] all the things written about Him, having taken [him] down from the tree, they laid him in a tomb;

We also believe the book of revelation is Inspired and shows God did indeed anoint Jesus as the Son of God which Islam does not.

Revelation 1:18 "I [am] He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. Revelation 2:18 " And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ' These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

We [those IN CHRIST] go one step further in acknowledging Him as being the Lamb of God who was to take away the Sin of the Word:confused: , that He was crucified by the very Nation He came to, and conquered death by His resurrection and is what we base our full Faith in.
Hi 4 u 2 ,InChristAlways:)

However we Muslims don't believe in crucifying of Jesus , but I want to discuss this point of view and it's relationship with sins of humans.

Let us have a closer critical look at the Old Testament and see if it supports the Christian views that the only way to be saved is through the blood of Jesus.
The most commonly used verse from the Old Testament by Christians is

Leviticus 17:11;

" For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. "

If this was the only verse in the entire Old Testament, then it may support their views but this is only a fraction of the guidelines of removing sins.

The Old Testament goes into numerous Different methods of removeing sins and blood is at the bottom of the list.

For Example the Old Testament says you can also remove sins by;

giving charity Exodus 30:15-16 and Numbers 31:50, incense Numbers 16:46-47, etc...

" The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the Lord , to MAKE AN ATONEMENT FOR YOUR SOULS . And thou shalt take the atonement money of the children of Israel, and shalt appoint it for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation; that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the LORD, to MAKE AN ATONEMENT FOR YOUR SOULS . "( Exodus 30:15-16 )

"We have therefore brought an oblation for the Lord , what every man hath gotten, of jewels of gold, chains, andbracelets, rings, earrings, and tablets, to MAKE AN ATONEMENT FOR OUR SOULS before the Lord . " ( Numbers 31:50 )

Furthermore, blood sacrifices were only preformed for unintentional sins (Leviticus 4:2-3 ,Leviticus 5:15 , and Numbers 15:22-31).

"If a soul commit a trespass, and SIN THROUGH IGNORANCE , in the holy things of the Lord; then he shall bring for his trespass unto the Lord a ram without blemish out of the flocks, with thy estimation by shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering: "(Leviticus 5:15)

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall SIN THROUGH IGNORANCE against any of the commandments of the Lord which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them: If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the Lord for a sin offering. "( Leviticus 4:2-3 )

"And if any soul SIN THROUGH IGNORANCE , then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the SOUL THAT SINNETH IGNORANTLY , when he sinneth BY IGNORANCE before the Lord , to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him." ( Novembers 15:27-28 )

If we take a closer look at the Logic behind Leviticus 17:11, we see that the Christian opinion that the only way to remove sin is through blood is even further not supported in the Torah.

For Example, Blood sacrifices would only be available to the rich who can afford a animal.

Therefore the Blood sacrifices would not be for everyone as Christians suggest.

The Old Testament made it clear that blood sacrafices was not the only way to remove sins becuase it stated that if someone was too poor for a lamb, they then could offer two turtledoves or two young (Leviticus 5:7)

It even goes further to show that blood was not the only means to salvation by saying if you couldn't even afford pigeons, then use flour;

"But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of AN EPHAH OF FINE FLOUR FOR A SIN OFFERING ; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: FOR IT IS A SIN OFFERING ." (Leviticus 5:11)

Since flour could be used for a sin offering, it is clear that blood was not the only way to forgive sins.

The Christian claim that only blood sacrifices can forgive sins contradicts the Old Testament.

Throughout the Old Testament, it states that everyone is responsible for their own sins;

"But everyone will die for his own sin; each man who eats sour grapes, his teeth will be set on edge" (Jeremiah 31:30).

"No man can by any means redeem his brother, or give to God a ransom for him" (Psalms 49:7).

"So you shall not pollute the land in which you are; for blood pollutes the land and no expiation can be made for the land for the blood that is shed on it, except by the blood of him who has shed it!" (Numbers 35:33).

"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself" (Ezekiel 18:20).

"Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin" (Deuteronomy 24:16, II Kings 14:6).

Therefore the Death of Jesus for everyone's sins is not supported by the Old Testament.

"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance." Qur'an 16:125

quote friend: "And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allah has begotten a son (Children or offspring). Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him."

No other religion :confused: in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does
. The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Qur'an describes Jesus' birth as follows:
quote ICA: ....We [those IN CHRIST] go one step further in acknowledging Him as being the Lamb of God who was to take away the Sin of the World , that He was crucified by the very Nation He came to, and conquered death by His resurrection and is what we base our full Faith in......
Hosea explains the sin of Israel: Hosea 10:8 Also the high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, Shall be destroyed. The thorn and thistle shall grow on their altars; They shall say to the mountains, "Cover us!" And to the hills, "Fall on us!"
quote friend: However we Muslims don't believe in crucifying of Jesus , but I want to discuss this point of view and it's relationship with sins of humans.

Let us have a closer critical look at the Old Testament and see if it supports the Christian views that the only way to be saved is through the blood of Jesus.
The most commonly used verse from the Old Testament by Christians is
Hi Friend. Jesus had to accomplish all things written about Him in the Prophets including the Passover Lamb. The main thing that seperates Christ-ians from Islam is our belief in the Book of Revelation and so it will hardly be feasible to explain the OT and NT to Islam.
If not for the book of revelation, I would have a hard time with the Bible myself but I will not join a religion that fails to see Christ Crucified and Raised, but I will respect their religious beliefs as they view them outside the christian Bible that I read and believe in.
Revelation 1:18 "I [am] He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. Revelation 2:18 " And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ' These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
My contention with you was that you equated Christians with jews and pagans, and saying Islam venerated Jesus more than any other religion. Just because you fail to believe in the Inspiriation of the whole NT and Revelation does not mean you are above another religion in how we view Jesus and His death.

Are you trying to say that we "corrupted" the NT and that the book of revelation is a non inspired "christian addon"?

Luke 18:31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished [#5055].

Matthew 28:20
"teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, [even] to the end[#5056] of the age." Amen.

John 19:28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled [#5055], said, "I thirst!"

Acts 13:29 and when they did complete [#5055] all the things written about Him, having taken [him] down from the tree, they laid him in a tomb;

InChristAlways -

Remember, this is a thread asking for Muslim perceptions of Jesus, rather than asking for a Christian one. :)

I'm trying to clear up some possible misconceptions about how Muslims may or may not view Jesus, as this is a topic that has come up periodically, but apparently not in its own discussion topic. :)

So please refrain from arguing a Christian view on this thread, and please take those discussions to a more neutral board for discussion.

Friend -

Many thanks for the replies - a lot of detail there - and what is especially interesting is that some of the comments - for example, giving life to clay birds - seems to relate to passages from the Gospel of Thomas, which is very interesting.

Something more specific though - in an earlier post, you stated that Jesus is the "Christ". Does this mean that Islam sees Jesus as the fulfillment of Jewish Law, as Christians argue, and does Islam see Jesus as the Jewish Messiah?

h| Brian,

Found a specific short book (only 28 pages) on this specific subject.
"The Status of Jesus[pbuh] in Islam" by Dr. Rabee bin Haadee al-Madhkalee. its available for download at:
http://www.al-ibaanah.com/ebooks.php?EID=56
Hope this scholarly treatise helps.
And Allaah knows best.

I said:
Friend

Many thanks for the replies - a lot of detail there - and what is especially interesting is that some of the comments - for example, giving life to clay birds - seems to relate to passages from the Gospel of Thomas, which is very interesting.

Something more specific though - in an earlier post, you stated that Jesus is the "Christ". Does this mean that Islam sees Jesus as the fulfillment of Jewish Law, as Christians argue, and does Islam see Jesus as the Jewish Messiah?

You are more welcome I, Brian

The Holy Quran and the statements made by the prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) paint a clear picture of whom Jesus was without the confusion . In the Quran, Jesus (peace be upon him) is repeatedly referred to as the "Messiah" (3:45, 4:171, 5:17, 9:30) and God's "Word" (3:39, 3:45). "Verily, the likeness of Jesus before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said to him: 'Be!' - and he was." (3:59) Jesus (p.b.u.h.) was the prophet of God born to the blessed virgin, Mary. He is honored in this life and in the hereafter and among those nearest to God (3:45). He was strengthened with the Holy Spirit (2:87, 2:253) and performed miracles (3:49). He came to confirm the Torah and to make lawful part of what had been forbidden the Jews because of their transgressions (3:50). Jesus (p.b.u.h.) was then raised up to God (3:55, 19:33). Like Christians, Muslims believe that Jesus (p.b.u.h.) will eventually return to earth and that there will be a great battle between believers and unbelievers which will result in cleansing the earth of evil and mischief and establishing complete peace and obedience to God.

And Allah know best

Here verses quoted from Al Quraan about the status of Jesus from The Third Sura "AL Emran " about the family of Mary (we Muslims call her Maream,, peace upon her)
003.042YUSUFALI: Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.

003.043YUSUFALI: "O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down."

YUSUFALI: This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Messenger!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).
003.045YUSUFALI: Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;
003.046YUSUFALI: "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."
003.047YUSUFALI: She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!

003.048YUSUFALI: "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

003.049YUSUFALI: "And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

003.050YUSUFALI: "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

003.051YUSUFALI: "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"

003.052YUSUFALI: When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.

003.053YUSUFALI: "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness."

003.054YUSUFALI: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

003.055YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

003.056YUSUFALI: "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

003.057YUSUFALI: "As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth not those who do wrong."

003.058YUSUFALI: "This is what we rehearse unto thee of the Signs and the Message of Wisdom."

003.059YUSUFALI: The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

003.060YUSUFALI: The Truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt.

these verses are from the same sura " Chapter) ...and in the same context.

Friend

003.048YUSUFALI: "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

003.049YUSUFALI: "And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

The Holy Quran and the statements made by the prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) paint a clear picture of whom Jesus was without the confusion . In the Quran, Jesus (peace be upon him) is repeatedly referred to as the "Messiah" (3:45, 4:171, 5:17, 9:30) and God's "Word" (3:39, 3:45). "Verily, the likeness of Jesus before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said to him: 'Be!' - and he was." (3:59) Jesus (p.b.u.h.) was the prophet of God born to the blessed virgin, Mary. He is honored in this life and in the hereafter and among those nearest to God (3:45). He was strengthened with the Holy Spirit (2:87, 2:253) and performed miracles (3:49). He came to confirm the Torah and to make lawful part of what had been forbidden the Jews because of their transgressions (3:50). Jesus (p.b.u.h.) was then raised up to God (3:55, 19:33). Like Christians, Muslims believe that Jesus (p.b.u.h.) will eventually return to earth and that there will be a great battle between believers and unbelievers which will result in cleansing the earth of evil and mischief and establishing complete peace and obedience to God.

And Allah know best
That is very interesting!!! Looks like Islam and Christ-ianity are more alike than I realized except for few "differences".
Do you also look at Jesus the Christ as the Lord in Malachi 4 and that He came to set up a "Jerusalem above" as in Galatians which Paul aptly describes as "our mother?

One question, how many of those of the jewish and Christ-ian religions do you feel convert to Islam each year? Any statistics?
Thanks.

InChristAlways said:
That is very interesting!!! Looks like Islam and Christ-ianity are more alike than I realized except for few "differences".
Do you also look at Jesus the Christ as the Lord in Malachi 4 and that He came to set up a "Jerusalem above" as in Galatians which Paul aptly describes as "our mother?

One question, how many of those of the jewish and Christ-ian religions do you feel convert to Islam each year? Any statistics?
Thanks.

H|,,,InChristAlways:)

About the first question I don't know the details about the battle but my references from Quraan "Sunna " hadiths of the prophet Mohammad show that there are a battle .:eek:

about the second question I will search about documented information about it ......here are the first resource ...may it help:

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>LONDON, February 26 (IslamOnline.net) – Jonathan Birt, the son of Lord Birt and Emma Clark, the granddaughter of former liberal prime minister Herbert Asquith, are only two of 14,000 mostly-elite white Britons having reverted to Islam.

The lyrics to one of my favorite songs can be found here. It's called Islam Is Rising, by The The (album Mind Bomb). Very telling, I think.

Andrew

Originally Posted by InChristAlways

About the first question I don't know the details about the battle but my references from Quraan "Sunna " hadiths of the prophet Mohammad show that there are a battle .:eek:

Like Christians, Muslims believe that Jesus (p.b.u.h.) will eventually return to earth and that there will be a great battle between believers and unbelievers which will result in cleansing the earth of evil and mischief and establishing complete peace and obedience to God.

And Allah know best
Thank you. How does Islam view this Great Host/war in Daniel 10 that he visioned? Did Mohammad [PBUH] ever quote from that book by any chance since it is in the OT and the Great Prophet Jesus [PBUH] did quote from it in the Gospels? Thanks. Peace.
Steve

Daniel 10:1 In the third year of Cyrus["posses thou the Furnace"], King of Persia["pure/splended"], a thing, was revealed unto Daniel["God is my Judge"], whose name was called Belteshazzar["Lord of the straightened treasure"]; and True was the thing, even [concerned] a great Army/Host [#06635], and he understood the thing, and had understanding in the sight/appearance.

Matthew 24:15 " Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in [the] holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),

Revelation 19:13 He [was] clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

FONT face=Verdana size=2>LONDON, February 26 (IslamOnline.net) – Jonathan Birt, the son of Lord Birt and Emma Clark, the granddaughter of former liberal prime minister Herbert Asquith, are only two of 14,000 mostly-elite white Britons having reverted to Islam.
?
?

Hi all
Where is the rest of the article which I was quoted?
008.gif

0047.gif

It didn't harm any one

wil said:
According to the religious tolerance website: worldwide Chistianity is 32% and falling while Islam is 19% and growing....the only other segment falling is those claiming 'no religion'..

Will
Thanks for your details
m161.gif

more information
................................Christian..... Muslim
1900 world population - 26.9% ........12.4%
1980 world population - 30% ............16.5%
2000 world population - 29.9% .........19.2%
2025 world population - 25 %..............30%

The world religious map

map.jpg

map2.jpg

taijasi said:
The lyrics to one of my favorite songs can be found here. It's called Islam Is Rising, by The The (album Mind Bomb). Very telling, I think.

Andrew

taijasi

:confused:

what does that mean ??
I read it but didn't understand ,,,It's meaning !!!??

Salaam

Like Christians, Muslims believe that Jesus (p.b.u.h.) will eventually return to earth and that there will be a great battle between believers and unbelievers which will result in cleansing the earth of evil and mischief and establishing complete peace and obedience to God.

The Qur'an says

[5.82] Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians;

And Allah know best
Hi Friend. This quote below was from a former christian who turned to Islam and would like to know if this is the view of mainstream Islam about the jews being an enemy as far as Christ is concerned. I believe this means it is hating the "religion" itself. instead of hating the person.

http://www.thechristadelphians.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7602&pid=226551&st=0&#entry226551
........This issue of Jesus being the promised messiah is a major stumblingblock for the Jews, since they reject him as Messiah, nay, as messenger or prophet of God. The Talmud condemns him to 'burning continually in his own excrement until the day of resurrection'. See for yourself. Jesus is utterly disgraced in Jewish traditions"..........

Also, how does Islam view this Great Host/war in Daniel 10 that he visioned as you mentioned a "Great Battle" in the future?

Did Mohammad [PBUH] ever quote from that book by any chance since it is in the OT and the Great Prophet Jesus [PBUH] did quote from it in the Gospels? Thanks. Peace.
Steve

Daniel 10:1 In the third year of Cyrus["posses thou the Furnace"], King of Persia["pure/splended"], a thing, was revealed unto Daniel["God is my Judge"], whose name was called Belteshazzar["Lord of the straightened treasure"]; and True was the thing, even [concerned] a great Army/Host [#06635], and he understood the thing, and had understanding in the sight/appearance.

Matthew 24:15 " Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in [the] holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),

Revelation 19:13 He [was] clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

Back