Fig Tree in Matt24

Curios Mike

Reaction score
Matt 24:32-35
32 "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
NKJV

I was wondering if any of you prophecy buffs out their think maybe this is (fig tree) speaking of the Prophecy in Ezekial concerning Isreal being a country again in 1948

My reason for asking is in:
Jer 24:1-7
24:1 The LORD showed me, and there were two baskets of figs set before the temple of the LORD, after Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and the princes of Judah with the craftsmen and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon. 2 One basket had very good figs, like the figs that are first ripe; and the other basket had very bad figs which could not be eaten, they were so bad. 3 Then the LORD said to me, "What do you see, Jeremiah?" And I said, "Figs, the good figs, very good; and the bad, very bad, which cannot be eaten, they are so bad."
4 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5 "Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel: 'Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge those who are carried away captive from Judah, whom I have sent out of this place for their own good, into the land of the Chaldeans. 6 For I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. 7 Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.
NKJV

Also all these disasters that keep apearing sense 1948, and a few other things I'll get into later time is not a lucery at the moment.

quote Curios Mike: Matt 24:32-35
32 "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
NKJV

I was wondering if any of you prophecy buffs out their think maybe this is (fig tree) speaking of the Prophecy in Ezekial concerning Isreal being a country again in 1948

...........6 For I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. 7 Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.
Hi CM. I myself don't think so, but if that is the case, I suppose we will just have to wait for this sinister character in Daniel 11 to show up next whom Michael the Prince stands up to.

I don't believe Israel and Judah can become "One Nation" under One King again until after this event in Daniel I think, but not really sure of that :confused:. Any thoughts?
Steve

Daniel 11: 45 and He shall plant tents/tabernacles of His regalia/palace [of him] between seas, to [a] Mountain, a Stately one, a holy [one] and He enters into [#0935] [an]End of Him and there is no one helping Him.

Is this King the messiah Israel/Judah are waiting on?

Ezekiel 37:22 "and I will make them One Nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and One King shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

Curios Mike said:
Matt 24:32-35
NKJV

My reason for asking is in:
Jer 24:1-7
24:1 The LORD showed me, and there were two baskets of figs set before the temple of the LORD, after Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and the princes of Judah with the craftsmen and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon. 2 One basket had very good figs, like the figs that are first ripe; and the other basket had very bad figs which could not be eaten, they were so bad. 3 Then the LORD said to me, "What do you see, Jeremiah?" And I said, "Figs, the good figs, very good; and the bad, very bad, which cannot be eaten, they are so bad."
4 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5 "Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel: 'Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge those who are carried away captive from Judah, whom I have sent out of this place for their own good, into the land of the Chaldeans. 6 For I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. 7 Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.
NKJV

Also all these disasters that keep apearing sense 1948, and a few other things I'll get into later time is not a lucery at the moment.

As other such scriptures seem to imply, this one may have dual meaning as well. One point describing the release of the Hebrews, from their captiviy in Babylon, and the other being the return of Israelis to their land in 1948.

v/r

Q

Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away

The wicked generation of Jewish opposers back thenwho could observe the sign being fulfilled would also experience the end. (Matthew 24:6, 13, 14) And that they did! In 70 C.E. they ignored the signs did they not? they were resistent to Gods purpose ,and it is the same to day , this generation of people are resistent to the signs of Jesus presence and to Gods purpose

Truly, the tribulation of 66-70 C.E. was the greatest that Jerusalem and the Jewish system had ever experienced or would ever experience. How different the outcome was for Christians who had heeded Jesus’ prophetic warning and had left Jerusalem after the departure of the Roman armies in 66 C.E.! The anointed Christian "chosen ones" were "saved," or kept safe, in 70 C.E.—Matthew 24:16, 22. it is the same today, those who heed the signs of Jesus presence in kingdom power are the ones who will get away safe when the great tribulation breaks out ,howcome? because they have heeded the command to get out of Babylon the great, and babylon the great is going to go down in a big way . Jesus is now in kingdom power in the heavenly kingdom goverment , and he has told his people to get out of babylon the great (the world empire of false religion) why? because God is not pleased with false religion especially when it claims to represent him, but really it has become full of unfaithfulness .so just as God was not pleased with unfaithfulness in 70C.E. he is not pleased with unfaithfulness now . especially from religious leaders who claim to represent the God of the bible but have taken on false things . but his people are out there and they have separated themselves from babylon the great because they are his people

Hos 9:10 "I found Israel
Like grapes in the wilderness;
I saw your fathers
As the firstfruits on the fig tree in its first season
But they went to Baal Peor,
And separated themselves to that shame;
They became an abomination like the thing they loved.
NKJV

If saying this interpritation is corrected, then according to Christ The generation that see's this will not pass away till Christ returns.

Back