Morale boosting

akbar

Reaction score
Morale boosting has been in vogue from pre historic days. People used to blow pipes, beat drums and sing song etc. for the purpose. Such activities have been going on to boost up morale of armies, civilizations and other groups based on races, religions etc. Almost all groups arrange yearly or occasional ceremonies to exhibit their pomp and show. Such functions help their groups to be united and retain their separate identities.

When a human baby comes into being, he/she is a human and nothing more. Then this he or she is taught about all grouping by concerned elders. This human is taught to have a separate history, traditions, language, race and religion. Such groups not only strive to maintain these distinctions but to prosper by an increase in number, power etc. so they very justly require morale boosting.

We shall discuss here morale boosting of religions with reference to faith in the God. All religions make their followers believe that only they are to be blessed on preferential bases, even though they themselves are more inhuman than other humans. They arrange ceremonies in purpose built buildings daily, weekly, yearly or occasionally. Such buildings are also magnificently built to boost up morale of worshipers. All groups try to hold such activities with full dignity because with out such dignified ceremonies their followers may loose morale. Religions also arrange pilgrimages to their exclusive holy places to make their followers exclusively blessed. Big congregations certainly have an impact on minds of participants.

Rhetoric by concerned clergies plays an important role and rhetoric by Hitler to boost the morale of Germans is very well known. These clergies lay stress on religious preferences of their followers other wise they will not be accepted as clergies in their community and will certainly loose jobs. Their ability for the purpose proves a scale of measurement for listing. Rhetoric is an art and ability which had/has been used by concerned group leaders and contributes a lot in successful grouping.

I am a Muslim by birth. People used to say and believe that the Milky Way in sky is the way on which the prophet went on a night to meet Allah. I also believed so in my childhood. I do not know whether people still believe it as I haven’t discussed. I believe that people are inclined to believe what they like to believe; and they are not inclined or willing to believe what they do not like to believe. All religions have many such wishful beliefs and are not willing to depart with because such beliefs are necessary to boost morale and to keep their separate identities. They were/are always ready to accept which gives them an edge over others. Propaganda and sources of communication are much vital.

Finance helps a lot in morale boosting. Religions also allowed looting others and collecting booties in wars as they were aware of finance’s importance. This is a fact that power and finance changed religions of many, and are still very effective. People are much impressed by power and wealth and even do not like to pray in poorly built worship places.

I believe that all these morale boosting activities and beliefs are to block the way of true faith and have to be gotten rid of before seeking guidance from the God. This morale boosting is actually pride boosting and humbleness is necessary to seek guidance. This leads humans to be inhuman and provides base for grouping. No pride, no such grouping and no real faith with any sort of pride. The God is the God of universe, the God of humans and not of religions, communities or groups; so who so ever claims preferences from general humanity is definitely unfaithful. Some time people plunge into depression when they loose their base of pride and distinction based on riches, power, race or religion etc. Only a true faith in the God provides much deep contentment which may never be shattered in any circumstances. True faith seeks shelter under the benevolence of God Almighty who never and never disappoints.

Some time morale boosting is used though very rarely for good purposes. Such morale boosting is used to provide relief to oppressed, down trodden, helpless, weak and also depressed persons. This is on human grounds to provide hope. Sincere and selfless devoted help gives much relief. Best morale boosting is to help concerned person to have faith in the God’s benevolence and there by beating depression very effectively but the needy should also be helped materially.

Good questions. I also wonder how you distinguish between faith and wishful thinking.

Yes, there are too many groups that want to claim God as their own personal property. That's nothing but egotism. God is not in anyone's hip pocket.

Jeannot said:
Good questions. I also wonder how you distinguish between faith and wishful thinking.

Yes, there are too many groups that want to claim God as their own personal property. That's nothing but egotism. God is not in anyone's hip pocket.
WOOHOO! Jeannot, do you think we could maybe get folks to agree to TATTOO this to like, their inner wrist or something? I mean, that way as often as some folks like to check the time, they could also have a Reality check!!! ;)

Ah, one day we'll learn to take god out of the box ...

Cheers,

taijasi

taijasi said:
WOOHOO! Jeannot, do you think we could maybe get folks to agree to TATTOO this to like, their inner wrist or something? I mean, that way as often as some folks like to check the time, they could also have a Reality check!!! ;)

Ah, one day we'll learn to take god out of the box ...

Cheers,

taijasi

I take G-d out of the box each morning when I fill my bowl with corn flakes or one of my other cereals-of-the-day, slice a few strawberries on them, sprinkle some brown sugar over the top, say a small blessing of thanks and wonder since I am walking around and breathing for another day, pour organic milk in the bowl, and break my night's fast.

I don't believe Akbar was answered because if one truly believes, it is the small things that give praise and reasons for faith in one's life each day. Some would call that a boring existence since no spectacle and rah, rah rallies or meetings are involved. But I'm willing to bet that such small rituals do more to confirm life-giving and renewing love for more people than fancy buildings and gandiose rituals ever will, or have.

flow....;)

flowperson said:
I take G-d out of the box each morning when I fill my bowl with corn flakes or one of my other cereals-of-the-day, slice a few strawberries on them, sprinkle some brown sugar over the top, say a small blessing of thanks and wonder since I am walking around and breathing for another day, pour organic milk in the bowl, and break my night's fast.

I don't believe Akbar was answered because if one truly believes, it is the small things that give praise and reasons for faith in one's life each day. Some would call that a boring existence since no spectacle and rah, rah rallies or meetings are involved. But I'm willing to bet that such small rituals do more to confirm life-giving and renewing love for more people than fancy buildings and gandiose rituals ever will, or have.

flow....;)

I agree. One can always pray the interior prayer of the heart, no matter what one is doing. Or at least be aware of the presence of God (the Shekinah) in everything.

Back