Kathe

Käthe

Kitchen Witch
Reaction score
Re: No proselytizing! Is it possible?

BTW, I'm a brand new member here. Is there some sort of "wecome" or "introduce yourself" forum here?

And, is there a way to copy and paste in text from an outside source, using word? I tried to copy in an article/essay from a word document, and cannot seem to do it. At least, when I "right click" after copying the text, the "paste" option doesn't come up.

Kindest Regards, Käthe, and welcome to CR!
Käthe said:
BTW, I'm a brand new member here. Is there some sort of "wecome" or "introduce yourself" forum here?
Yes, there is. On the main forum listing page towards the bottom you will find a place for making introductions. Enjoy!

As for "cut and paste," it can be done, I do so quite frequently. I often compose my thoughts in word and copy/paste into the reply box.

There is the possibility that what you are attempting to copy is protected, I have run into that difficulty on occasion when researching papers.

I do not expect it to be a problem, but please be careful submitting blocks of someone else's work. We are pretty wary of copyright infringement issues around here. It is quite alright to post a short clip or summary to make a point (and the author's name if you know it), and then provide a link so those interested can follow up on what you are pointing to. That seems to work pretty well.

Enjoy your stay!

I said:
Hi Kathe, and welcome to CR. :)

I've taken the liberty of moving your posts to the Introductions Board. :)

As for the copy/paste issue - is this of any help?

Thanks for moving me, Brian, and yes, I can now cut and paste stuff. Wonderful!

I had wondered why my posts had "disappeared" from where I posted them - I should have realized that the Forum Gods had intervened. ;)

juantoo3 said:
Kindest Regards, Käthe, and welcome to CR!

Yes, there is. On the main forum listing page towards the bottom you will find a place for making introductions. Enjoy!

As for "cut and paste," it can be done, I do so quite frequently. I often compose my thoughts in word and copy/paste into the reply box.

There is the possibility that what you are attempting to copy is protected, I have run into that difficulty on occasion when researching papers.

I do not expect it to be a problem, but please be careful submitting blocks of someone else's work. We are pretty wary of copyright infringement issues around here. It is quite alright to post a short clip or summary to make a point (and the author's name if you know it), and then provide a link so those interested can follow up on what you are pointing to. That seems to work pretty well.

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the good information.

I'll confess that at the time I asked about C/P I wasn't thinking of posting anything by anyone but myself (arrogant, eh?).

Maybe when I'm all the way grown-up I won't be so enchanted by my own words. ;)

Again, thanks, and I look forward to civilized discourse here.

China Cat Sunflower said:
Hi Kathe! I remember your avatar: way cool!

Chris

I'm delighted to be able to use it here; I have a resonance with that image.

Ecstatic dancing is part of my spiritual practice...

Ecstatic dance is, for me, a way of letting go of my ego and letting the divine work through me.

It can be an expression of praise, of thankfulness, of communion.

It can be meditative. It can be celebratory. it can be fierce or gentle. It can be blissful.

It is often joyful, sometimes frightening (to observers) because it is not civilized, but raw, and it is utterly un-selfconscious.

I do not actually have words for it. It is being moved BY, rather than moving; it is BEING the dance instead of "doing" it.

I wish I had better words for it

Zdrastvuistye, hola, shalom, salaam, Dia dhuit, namastar ji, hej, konnichiwa, squeak, meow, :wave: Käthe.

I know exactly what you mean about ecstatic dancing (I have a bit of a problem when it comes to dancing myself do to "trancing", especially in some of my classes. :rolleyes: )

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
Zdrastvuistye, hola, shalom, salaam, Dia dhuit, namastar ji, hej, konnichiwa, squeak, meow, :wave: Käthe.

I know exactly what you mean about ecstatic dancing (I have a bit of a problem when it comes to dancing myself do to "trancing", especially in some of my classes. :rolleyes: )

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thanks for the welcome!

Ecstatic dancing is sooo difficult to describe; I'm delighted that you know, too.

BTW, I do not personally think that trancing is a problem; it's one of the goals, actually. But in a class setting I can see that it might be unsettling for others.

Ahhh, the small birds are singing happily, and the sun is shining. I'm going to take myself off to do a different dance; the dance of "doing what is neccessary", like laundry and house-cleaning.

Probably to some raggae for the energetic parts, and some Ali Farka Toure for the more meditative parts (dusting and polishing furnature can be meditative, and doing pretty much anything just to be doing it is deeply satisfying.....)

"Talk" to you all later.

Ah, details. I live in the California high desert; the Antelope Valley. That's in the northern end of LA County.

I'm married, with no kids; hubby is staff to a Balinese cat and I have (or, rather, am Alpha to) a Schipperke.

Any other details are subject to change without notice. ;)

Kindest Regards, Kathe!

Antelope Valley? Cool!

I don't know why I never got around to posting an introduction for myself, I just kinda plunged headlong into the thick of things. My mom's side of the family goes back to the gold rush, and still lives in the hills above Sacramento. I was born at LA county general hospital, and spent my most formative years in and around the San Gabriel, Monterey Park, Pasadena, Rosemead, Alhambra, Whittier, Montebello, Pomona area, pretty much east of downtown along I-10. Dad's now in San Berdoo, most of my brothers and their families are parked up in the central valley.

Anyway, enough about me. It is a great pleasure to meet you, and I do hope you have a wonderful stay here! Welcome, once again.

juantoo3 said:
Kindest Regards, Kathe!

Antelope Valley? Cool!

Hot a lot of the time, actually. ;)

It's an interesting place; politically, it's pretty conservative, which means I'm a double minority, I guess, between being Pagan and VERY progressive. I would say that religiously the AV is pretty conservative too.

We moved here because of the low real estate costs (for California).

Anyway, enough about me. It is a great pleasure to meet you, and I do hope you have a wonderful stay here! Welcome, once again.

The feline is mutual. ;)

Back