soon to be unemployeed

Vajradhara

One of Many
Reaction score
Namaste all,

as the title says, i'm about to lose my current employment.

i've been here for 7 and a half years and there is some sadness that it is ending this way.

you see... i have a medical condition which, on occassion, manifests to such a degree that i cannot go to the office. for the past 7 years, it hasn't been an issue. this year, however, it has become one.

at this point in time, the work environment has become hostile to me and my particular medical condition by which i mean to say that i am seemingly being singled out for special harrassment. the work place rules are being selectively applied to me and my situation.

due to my finiancial comittments, i've been loath to say much as i am not keen to have no income and, to that end, i've let this situation drag on for entirely too long.

today is the day that i am done.

i am concerned, of course, that i will be able to put food on the table and a roof over the heads of my family. to that end, i would ask any and all of my online friends to hold me in thier positive thoughts, prayers and meditations.

as the song says... every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end.

metta,

~v

Harsh...:( . You and your family will be in my prayers. I have other friends who have struggled with chronic medical conditions and employment; it has not been an easy road. I hope you find a new and better door opening soon.

lunamoth

Genuinely sorry to hear about that, Diamond - it's always hard to leave and move forward.

Namaste Vajradhara,

I sincerely hope you'll find soon, as Lunamoth said, another door to be opened to a better health and another job.

As I understand, you've been under treatment for several years. What did your doctor tell you ? There are no other treatments available ?

You're in my thoughts, meditations, and prayers, Vaj. I had a chronic medical condition for five years and I know how hard it can become to juggle that and a job. You have my empathy and all the positive energy I can muster.

You are in my thoughts & prayers, Vaj. Best of luck in finding another position - may it be what you need & want. Anything I can do, please ask.

You're the first friend I made here, Vaj. I'm lifting you up in love (that's the most profound positive energy that I know of).

So much positive energy from all of us is sent your way by now - an internal strengthening and a money bag should have dropped from the sky by now...

Namaste, Dear Vaj,

I am a little slow catching up on things right now--you know why. Just now saw this and realized it was you!

With all my heart, I lift you up to Love. I am sad that you are having to go through something like this. So much in the business world is just not right.

Hey, you're a great writer with lots of insight. There are so many good writers here in CR--maybe a company could be formed? (I know, I am a dreamer, but not a hopeless one!)

I gotta be out of here again for a while, but while I am trying to wrap things up and tie up some loose ends, I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Metta,
InPeace,
InLove

I lost my job 2.5 years ago, and, in the end, it was one of the best things that ever happened to me!...hope this is just a wonderful opportunity for you!

((sending love your way))

more life changes

Namaste all,

thank you so much for your wonderfully positive and heartfelt replies, they mean a great deal to me :)

it is, perhaps, a bit unusual to have a feeling of connectedness and closeness to beings whom one has never met or, in some cases, even seen a picture of ;) in any event, i do feel a sense of closeness to the members here and the uplifting and affirming atmosphere which Brian has created here at CF.

there is a saying in Tibet: water and milk mixed become of one taste.

in my experiences of life i've come to the conclusion that there are two primary views which we can have, either positive or negative. as a Buddhist, i have a strong conviction that our mental attitude can directly impact our experience of the changes of life and can actually influence the nature of events yet to transpire.

i am a "glass half full" rather than a "glass half empty" sort of being :) i seek the silver lining in every dark cloud and, though i can be prone to some depression due to the medical conditions, seek to maintain my positive state of mind throughout my day.

so, that's a bit of a run down on where i am, mentally and emotionally now. i am a bit anxious, as is probably expected.

now... i have learned something in the past few days which will, in some sense, put a bit more pressure into the mix.

<being brief personal tangent>

i like to keep my private life private for a host of reasons, on the internet. so please bear with some of my vaugeness.

though i do not often mention it, i am a being which is married to a wonderful Dharma partner and we share a wonderful arising together.

</end brief personal tangent>

as it turns out, through such and sundry methods, my partner and i have discovered that we are pregnant!

at this point, we aren't sure of much else and we are going to the OB to have some testing done and all of that sort of thing.

so... in addition to the relatively mundane concerns of income, if you wonderful beings would bear postive thoughts, prayers, energy and meditations for this being which is soon to arise, i would greatly appreciate it.

metta,

~v

Back