What music are you listening to?

dauer said:
I've been arranging music to listen to by theme. One of my themes is... animals. I also sort all of the songs in order by type of animal. My dog songs are:

Atomic Dog by George Clinton
Black Dog by Led Zeppelin
Too Many Puppies by Primus
A Boozehound Named Barney (from the Simpsons)
The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochy Theme (")
Poochy Rap song (")
Señor Burns (") by Tito Puente
Two Dozen and One Greyhounds Medley (")

"Do the dogcatcher, dogcatcher, do the dogcatcher."

Dauer
Hey Dauer!

You forgot "Seamus" by Pink Floyd off of the album Meddle. If you haven't heard it, give a listen, you'll understand why I would include it with your mix.

juantoo,

I haven't heard Seamus, but I did include Waiting for the Worms off of The Wall in my section on insects.

Dauer

Namaste dauer,

Juan is right on.. Seamus is a bluesy song and is quite excellent, providing you enjoy Mr. Floyd or, as his friends call him, Pink.

metta,

~v

Vaj,

I'll have to pay a visit to the iTunes Store -- they pay me to say that -- and check it out.

Dauer

• cybertronic - omicron
  • EVA - Omicron
  • Jefferson Airplane - Good Shepherd
  • John Lennon - Watching The Wheels
  • David Essex - Rock On
  • Deep Purple - Sweet Child In Time
  • John Lennon - Instant Karma!
  • omicron - positron
  • Omicron - Static State (High On Transistors)
  • The Beatles - Within you without you
  • Richie Havens - Freedom
  • George Harrison - The Answer's At The End
taijasi

Currently the newer Kate Bush album is playing downstairs - Pi is a great song. :)

It has been common knowledge in academia for some time now that proteins and other complex biological structures seem to be organized in musical patterns, including DNA.

When I want shivers to runs up and down my back, when I want to be in synch with life, I listen to:
Rev Al Green- Take Me to The River
Albert King- Call It Stormy Monday
BB King- anything he has recorded
Billy Joel- Stiletto, Summer Highland Falls, The Ballad of
Billy The Kid, Captain Jack, Scenes From An
Italian Restaurant
Bob Marley and
The Wailers - anything they have recorded
Bobby Bland - Stormy Monday
James Brown - Get Up Offa That Thing
Peter Gabriel- any live concert recordings
Pink Floyd- any live concert recordings
Crosby, Stills & Nash- Southern Cross
Ray Charles- anything he has recorded
Sly and the Family
Stone- Dance to the Music, I Want To Take You Higher
Wilson Pickett- Land of 1000 Dances, Mustang Sally, Funky
Broadway, I'm a Midnight Mover

Peace. Love, and Boogie Down !!

flow....

Been getting only one station at work, an oldies station. My mind has droned on with same Neil Diamond, Three Dog Night, and Elvis songs day after day after day.

BUT THEN...Just last week, the station changed formats! Now listening to Contemporary Alternative Rock! :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
Right now, I'm listening to old radio shows (currently an episode of X Minus 1 titled A Pail of Air.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
ah lum and abner, Jack Benny, Gunsmoke, the shadow, the green hornet, dragnet... we get them every Sunday evening from 7-11pm...my kids usually fall asleep reading...but on Sundays they fall asleep listening to oldtime radio...

wil said:
ah lum and abner, Jack Benny, Gunsmoke, the shadow, the green hornet, dragnet... we get them every Sunday evening from 7-11pm...my kids usually fall asleep reading...but on Sundays they fall asleep listening to oldtime radio...

Ah, Gunsmoke, Jack Benny, The Lives of Harry Lime and Suspense were on also (as well as one I personally wasn't that thrilled with, Frank Merriwell.) Where do you listen to the old radio shows?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

THE BICKERSONS starring Don Ameche and Frances Langford. Unsurpassed in hilarity, and don't forget Fibber McGhee and Molly on the Johnsons' Wax Comedy Hour. I also really enjoyed Amos 'n Andy, even though it was racist in some respects.

I believe that most of the mystique of the olde radio programs was that they allowed us to imagine what the realities of the characters were without it being imposed upon us as it is in films and on television. This passive observation of the realities of others based upon someone else's subjective judgement is a lot less healthy for our minds and psyches than exercising our imaginations as old radio forced us to do.

Just another old-timer spouting off.

flow....;)

I'm listening to Neal Morse - ?, Spock's Beard - Day For Night and Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever in heavy rotation.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
Ah, Gunsmoke, Jack Benny, The Lives of Harry Lime and Suspense were on also (as well as one I personally wasn't that thrilled with, Frank Merriwell.) Where do you listen to the old radio shows?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
88.5 WAMU in Washington DC has been doing old radio shows on Sunday. I just googled em and get a load of this, you can listen online to the "Big Broadcast by Ed Walker" wherever you are! Gotta love technology! They got more real audio and podcasts so if anyones flavor is bluegrass, jazz or folk...you too can download away.

Love
Mary J. Blige, KRS-ONE, Tu-Pac, Run DMC, Kanye West, Public Enemy, Phil Colins, NPR News, Just to Name a few.
I also like the song. "Sweet Home Alabama". Thats a dope country song.
Lots of other songs in other catagories too. Just can not name them all.
:)

Back