1914 ....A significant year in bible prophecy

M

mee

Decades in advance bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914. what were these? and what evidence points to 1914 as such an important year? as recorded in luke 21;24 Jesus said,Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations,until the appointed times of the nations(the times of the gentiles KJV) Are fullfilled. Jerusalem had been the capital city of the Jewish nation..... the seat of rulership of the line of the kings from the house of king david ...psalm 48;1-2 .... however, these kings were unique among national leaders. They sat on Jehovahs throne, as representatives of God himself...1 chronicals 29;23..... Jerusalem was thus a symbol of Jehovahs rulership.
How and when ,though, did Gods rulership begin to be trampled on by the nations? this happened in 607 B. C. E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians.Jehovahs throne became vacant ,and the line of kings who descended from David was interrruped...2 kings 25;1-26...... would this trampling go on forever? No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalems last king Zedekiah......remove the turban,and lift off the crown.... it will certainly become no ones until he comes who has the legal right, and i must give it to him ....Ezekiel 21;26-27 the one who has the legal right to the davidic crown is Jesus Christ ...luke 1;32-33 so the trampling would end when Jesus became king.
when would that grand event occur? Jesus showed that the Gentiles would rule for a fixed period of time, the account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how long that period would last. It relates a prophetic dream experienced by king Nebuchadnezzer of Babylon. He saw an immense tree that was chopped down .Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper An angel declared,.....let seven times pass over it ......Daniel 4; 10-16.
In the bible ,trees are sometimes used to represent rulership. Ezekiel 17;22-24 Ezekiel 31; 2-5 ....so the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents howGods rulership ,as expressed through the kings at Jerusalem,would be interrupted , However the vision served notice that this trampling of Jerusalem ,would be temporary.....a period of seven times .... How long a period is that?
Revelation 12;6, 14. indicates that three and a half times equal .....a thousand two hundred and sixty days ..... seven times ,would therefore last twice as long or 2.520 days. But the gentile nations did not stop trampling on Gods rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalems fall . Evidently ,then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of ...Numbers 14; 34 and Ezekiel 4;6 which speaks of ....a day for a year...... the seven times would cover 2,520 years
The 2,520 years began in october 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem fell to the babylonians and the davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in october 1914 .At that time ...the appointed times of the nations ended ,and Jesus christ was installed as Gods heavenly king ....psalm 2; 1-6 Daniel 7;13-14 Just as Jesus predicted ,his ....presence.... as heavenly king has been marked by dramatic world developements ....war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences ..matthew 24; 3-8 ....luke 21;11 such developements bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of Gods heavenly kingdom and the beginning of the last days , of this present wicked system of things 2;timothy 3;1-5

Are you preaching Christianity? or something else? In otherwords, are you preaching? or discussing? Stop sticking the 1914 date and all that entails down our collective Christian throats. (we read it the first time, and second time and third...).

(Mod hat is on)

v/r

Quahom1

Quahom1 said:
Are you preaching Christianity? or something else? In otherwords, are you preaching? or discussing? Stop sticking the 1914 date and all that entails down our collective Christian throats. (we read it the first time, and second time and third...).

(Mod hat is on)

v/r

Quahom1
if it was not a significant year in bible prophecy , it would not come up , but as 1914 is a very significant year in bible prophecy , why would i leave it out of my posts , i find we are living in such thrilling times in these last days, and the bible is now well along into bible prophecy, i would think that anyone who has an interest in the bible would find bible prophecy thrilling and enlightening, i know i do, why would a christian not be interested in bible prophecy? its all happening in these last days . i find it interesting that some seem to be upset about the wonderful fullfilment of bible prophecies, when i first found out about the 1914 date of Jesus kingship ,i thought it was really thrilling, and it really built up my faith in all of the promises in the bible . but not everyone responds in the same way,

mee said:
if it was not a significant year in bible prophecy , it would not come up , but as 1914 is a very significant year in bible prophecy , why would i leave it out of my posts , i find we are living in such thrilling times in these last days, and the bible is now well along into bible prophecy, i would think that anyone who has an interest in the bible would find bible prophecy thrilling and enlightening, i know i do, why would a christian not be interested in bible prophecy? its all happening in these last days . i find it interesting that some seem to be upset about the wonderful fullfilment of bible prophecies, when i first found out about the 1914 date of Jesus kingship ,i thought it was really thrilling, and it really built up my faith in all of the promises in the bible . but not everyone responds in the same way,

I'm sorry Mee, but there is nothing in the Bible about the year 1914 AD. And this is the fifth or sixth thread that has been posted bringing up 1914, just worded slightly different. Repeating it over and over again will not make others suddenly believe it. That only makes things frustrating, you see?

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
I'm sorry Mee, but there is nothing in the Bible about the year 1914 AD. And this is the fifth or sixth thread that has been posted bringing up 1914, just worded slightly different. Repeating it over and over again will not make others suddenly believe it. That only makes things frustrating, you see?

v/r

Q
i am not asking others to believe it , i am just putting over the fullfillment of bible prophecy in line with the bible, as this is my belief as a christian. if others choose to not believe it ,that is their choice . but for me i find it really upbuilding ,it really brings the bible alive to me ,and i feel that we really are living in the( last days of man ruling himself independent of God) yes i can see that the signs are all happening ,yes just before this established kingdom brings peace to the earth, all the things Jesus foretold are happening right now , major developements indeed ,and i think the apostle paul was right about the last days also ,2 timothy3;1-5 yes this is just like the people of today .this shows that very soon God will act. but it is not all woe for the earth at the momment, because the bible tells us .....True knowledge will become abundant... Daniel 12;4 Especially since 1914 ...yes it becomes ever clearer about the role of Gods kingdom and how it will set matters staight on the earth.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come matthew 24;14 yes its all happening in these last days............ yes the bible really does teach us great things for the earth would you not agree? this kingdom is the only hope of peace for the earth,and the ball is rolling faster and faster in this time of the end
The prophetic word of Jehovah keeps "panting on" toward its final fulfillment. We should "keep in expectation of it." (Habakkuk 2:3)

mee said:
Decades in advance bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914. what were these? and what evidence points to 1914 as such an important year?

...The 2,520 years began in october 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem fell to the babylonians and the davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in october 1914.

At that time ...the appointed times of the nations ended ,and Jesus christ was installed as Gods heavenly king ....psalm 2; 1-6 Daniel 7;13-14

Just as Jesus predicted ,his ....presence.... as heavenly king has been marked by dramatic world developements ....war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences ..matthew 24; 3-8 ....luke 21;11 such developements bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of Gods heavenly kingdom and the beginning of the last days , of this present wicked system of things 2;timothy 3;1-5

Hi mee.

War, Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilences...
All these things were in occurrance before 1914.
I'm under the impression that Jesus was always king, in the Christian sense. What makes Jesus more 'king' at 1914 and after than he was before?

The evidence that you are giving appears to me to be more of a convincing argument to the Jewish community of a spiritual messiah.

truthseeker said:
Hi mee.

War, Famine, Earthquakes, Pestilences...
All these things were in occurrance before 1914.
I'm under the impression that Jesus was always king, in the Christian sense. What makes Jesus more 'king' at 1914 and after than he was before?

The evidence that you are giving appears to me to be more of a convincing argument to the Jewish community of a spiritual messiah.
yes you are quite right to say that the war, famine etc,etc, has always been around, but 1914 was the first time that whole nation and kingdoms were involved in war on a national scale , 1914 was the (first world war)
For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. matthew 24;7-8 yes , after being made king in 1914 , an increase in satanic activity started on the earth , because the first thing that Jesus did was throw the rebels out of the heavens , no longer where satan and his demon followers allowed in the heavenly kingdom, they only have down here , that is why since 1914 things have got worse
So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. revelation 12;9-10 yes it was the beginning of pangs of distress

satan was already here when man was first created. that is why he was tempted by satan in the garden of eden. and the world was so evil, god had to actually destroy it with a flood. the bible does not elude to 1914 and it is not significant in saving anyone. wars (nation against nation), famines, and pestilence have been going on for some time now. the greeks, romans, and other countries fought many nations and kingdoms with advanced weaponry man had never seen, before the u.s. was even around. again it is important to jw's maybe, and probably not all jw's, it is certainly not important in salvation, or spreading the gospel, or any commandment to follow. it does put jw's in that category of setting false dates which they have done time and time again.

mee said:
yes you are quite right to say that the war, famine etc,etc, has always been around, but 1914 was the first time that whole nation and kingdoms were involved in war on a national scale , 1914 was the (first world war)
For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. matthew 24;7-8 yes , after being made king in 1914 , an increase in satanic activity started on the earth , because the first thing that Jesus did was throw the rebels out of the heavens , no longer where satan and his demon followers allowed in the heavenly kingdom, they only have down here , that is why since 1914 things have got worse
So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. revelation 12;9-10 yes it was the beginning of pangs of distress

I'm afraid that is inaccurate. There were national wars in the 1770s that crossed ocean waters and involved six major nations, and a fledgling one.

There were national wars in 1802 that nearly encompassed all of Europe, and a great part of EurAsia.

There were the 10 Crusades that encompassed Europe and the Middle East, during the middle ages.

In fact the only difference between those wars and World War I (1914-1918), was the war engine of choice. That was the first mechanized war et al. And perhaps, the age of Chivalry and Honor en masse, was dying.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
I'm afraid that is inaccurate. There were national wars in the 1770s that crossed ocean waters and involved six major nations, and a fledgling one.

There were national wars in 1802 that nearly encompassed all of Europe, and a great part of EurAsia.

There were the 10 Crusades that encompassed Europe and the Middle East, during the middle ages.

In fact the only difference between those wars and World War I (1914-1918), was the war engine of choice. That was the first mechanized war et al. And perhaps, the age of Chivalry and Honor en masse, was dying.

v/r

Q
so why is it called the FIRST world war?
From earliest times, mankind’s history has been one of violence and wars. It was because "the earth became filled with violence" that God brought on the global Deluge in Noah’s day. (Genesis 6:11-13) Thereafter the Bible and secular history record hundreds of wars fought even prior to Jesus’ day. So "wars and reports of wars" would not be something new to the world of mankind............. but world war one is something different
In fact, we have seen two such globe-encircling wars within this century. That this type of warfare was indeed something new in the annals of human history is attested to by the titles given them by historians. The first was called the Great War. Later this was changed to the first world war, and its successor was named the second world war. World war became a feature starting from the year 1914

mee said:
so why is it called the FIRST world war?
From earliest times, mankind’s history has been one of violence and wars. It was because "the earth became filled with violence" that God brought on the global Deluge in Noah’s day. (Genesis 6:11-13) Thereafter the Bible and secular history record hundreds of wars fought even prior to Jesus’ day. So "wars and reports of wars" would not be something new to the world of mankind............. but world war one is something different
In fact, we have seen two such globe-encircling wars within this century. That this type of warfare was indeed something new in the annals of human history is attested to by the titles given them by historians. The first was called the Great War. Later this was changed to the first world war, and its successor was named the second world war. World war became a feature starting from the year 1914

Actually it was called the War to end all wars (sort of like the Titanic was considered unsinkable...).

The United States did not officially enter the war until the sinking of the Lucitania.

World War I, military conflict, from August 1914 to November 1918, that involved many of the countries of Europe as well the United States and other nations throughout the world. World War I was one of the most violent and destructive wars in European history. Of the 65 million men who were mobilized, more than 10 million were killed and more than 20 million wounded. The term World War I did not come into general use until a second worldwide conflict broke out in 1939 (see World War II). Before that year, the war was known as the Great War or the World War.
World War I was the first total war. Once the war began, the countries involved mobilized their entire populations and economic resources to achieve victory on the battlefield. The term home front, which was widely employed for the first time during World War I, perfectly symbolized this new concept of a war in which the civilian population behind the lines was directly and critically involved in the war effort.
The war began as a clash between two coalitions of European countries. The first coalition, known as the Allied Powers, included the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Serbia, Montenegro, and the Russian Empire (see Russia). The Central Powers, which opposed them, consisted of the empires of Germany and Austria-Hungary. Japan joined the Allied Powers in 1914. The Ottoman Empire joined the Central Powers in 1914, as did Bulgaria in 1915. The same year, Italy entered the war on the Allied side. Although the United States initially remained neutral, it joined the Allies in 1917. The conflict eventually involved 32 countries, 28 of which supported the Allies. Some of these nations, however, did not participate in the actual fighting.
The immediate cause of the war was the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand, the heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary, by a Serbian nationalist. The fundamental causes of the conflict, however, were rooted deeply in the European history of the previous century, particularly in the political and economic policies that prevailed in Europe after 1871, the year that Germany emerged as a major European power...

...In 1915 Germany instituted a submarine blockade around Britain. From February 1915 to September 1915 and again in 1917, Germany used unrestricted submarine warfare, sinking ships without any warning. Germany’s use of unrestricted submarine warfare angered the Allies and resulted in the United States entering the war.

The rest can be found here: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569981/World_War_I.html

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Actually it was called the War to end all wars (sort of like the Titanic was considered unsinkable...).

The United States did not officially enter the war until the sinking of the Lucitania.

World War I, military conflict, from August 1914 to November 1918, that involved many of the countries of Europe as well the United States and other nations throughout the world. World War I was one of the most violent and destructive wars in European history. Of the 65 million men who were mobilized, more than 10 million were killed and more than 20 million wounded. The term World War I did not come into general use until a second worldwide conflict broke out in 1939 (see World War II). Before that year, the war was known as the Great War or the World War.
World War I was the first total war. Once the war began, the countries involved mobilized their entire populations and economic resources to achieve victory on the battlefield. The term home front, which was widely employed for the first time during World War I, perfectly symbolized this new concept of a war in which the civilian population behind the lines was directly and critically involved in the war effort.
The war began as a clash between two coalitions of European countries. The first coalition, known as the Allied Powers, included the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Serbia, Montenegro, and the Russian Empire (see Russia). The Central Powers, which opposed them, consisted of the empires of Germany and Austria-Hungary. Japan joined the Allied Powers in 1914. The Ottoman Empire joined the Central Powers in 1914, as did Bulgaria in 1915. The same year, Italy entered the war on the Allied side. Although the United States initially remained neutral, it joined the Allies in 1917. The conflict eventually involved 32 countries, 28 of which supported the Allies. Some of these nations, however, did not participate in the actual fighting.
The immediate cause of the war was the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand, the heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary, by a Serbian nationalist. The fundamental causes of the conflict, however, were rooted deeply in the European history of the previous century, particularly in the political and economic policies that prevailed in Europe after 1871, the year that Germany emerged as a major European power...

...In 1915 Germany instituted a submarine blockade around Britain. From February 1915 to September 1915 and again in 1917, Germany used unrestricted submarine warfare, sinking ships without any warning. Germany’s use of unrestricted submarine warfare angered the Allies and resulted in the United States entering the war.

The rest can be found here: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569981/World_War_I.html

v/r

Q
yes ,it was a time just as the bible states in, matthew 24; 7-8
For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. yes, 1914 was the start of (the time of the end) and we are now very well into bible prophecy in this time of the end. it really is a very significant year in bible prophecy in more ways than one

WWI was cataclysmic, in some respects more than WWII. For one thing WWI came after about a hundred years of relative peace--no major wars. People thought that economic competiton had replaced military.

Also, WWI ended four empires--the German (Kaiser means Caesar), the Russian (Czar means Caesar), the Ottoman, and the Austro-Hungarian (formerly the Holy Roman Empire).

In addition, it saw the birth of Communism in Russia in 1917.

Thanks for the info, and Welcome to CR, Jeannot!

Okay, mee. With the information that Jeannot and Quahom gave, I think I might be able to see the point a little better. Wars have always occurred, and no matter how many are involved wars are devastating. By the large nations of the world being involved, I appears to me that the world is coming together in a more common purpose because of the conflicts and the changes that are occuring. But through all of time progression has occurred, even to help us get to that point.

And I am under the impression, too, that Jesus needn't kick any wickedness out of heaven. I thought heaven was the realm of Jehovah. Why is it that Jesus would need to defend Jehovah against wickedness?

I don't see or agree with the idea that satan was hurled down to earth in the year 1914 (sorry, I think that's all barking up the wrong tree) but I do think a significant thing happened over the era of WW I and WW II, culminating on Aug 6, 1945, the dropping of the atomic bomb on Japan. We have always been a species the the unique ability to contemplate our own death. What I think was a new development related to the advent of nuclear warfare was that for the first time we have had to consider the end of our entire species.

just a musing,
lunamoth

truthseeker said:
i

And I am under the impression, too, that Jesus needn't kick any wickedness out of heaven. I thought heaven was the realm of Jehovah. Why is it that Jesus would need to defend Jehovah against wickedness?
satan could come and go as he pleased before 1914 , heaven and earth, but not after Jesus threw him out , he was not allowed back into the heavens after that, the heavenly kingdom goverment was set up in 1914.... Daniel 2;44 ...and as we all know , what is the point of having oppossers around , they would be working against Gods kingdom ,not for it . in the book of JOB we can see that at one time Satan was sometime on the earth ,and sometime in the heavens ,
Now it came to be the day when the sons of the [true] God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and even Satan proceeded to enter right among them.​
Then Jehovah said to Satan: "Where do you come from?" At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: "From roving about in the earth and from walking about in it." JOB 1;6-7 ...but now , because he is a rebellious opposser he has no use in the established heavenly kingdom , he is not allowed in any more , only faithful angels work inline with Jehovahs purpose, the unfaithful ones are the demons who have been thrown out also, because they are followers of the original serpent satan the devil. yes faithfulness leads to blessings , but unfaithfulness leads to death in the end. yes these demons and satan know that they have only got a short period of time left. and they want to take as many as they can down with them, that is why since 1914 the demons are very very active
On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time revelation 12;12

lunamoth said:
I don't see or agree with the idea that satan was hurled down to earth in the year 1914
the book of revelation is for our day , the bible tells us at revelation 12 that he was thrown out
And war broke out in heaven: Mi´cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them (any longer) in heaven.
(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was (hurled down to the earth,) and his angels were (hurled down with him.)

Hi mee, I appreciate the opportunity to read your posts and learn about the JW perspective on things. :) But I must agree with St. Teresa of Avila about the emphasis on the enemy:

"Oh, the devil, the devil!" we say, when we might be saying "God! God!" and making the devil tremble. Of course we might, for we know he cannot move a finger unless the Lord permits it. Whatever are we thinking of? I am quite sure I am more afraid of people who are themselves terrified of the devil than I am of the devil himself. (St. Teresa, Life, Chpt XXV)

luna

I must point out some issues with this train of thought here that do seem to conflict with other scriptures:

Luke 10:18 is where Jesus said: "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightenting."

This is also fact according to scripture. Lucifer was already on Earth with a third of the angels, when he revolted against God.

Here in Isaiah 14:13: "For thou has said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"

This happened at a time when Lucifer was head Cherub (EZEK 28:14). He transferred to the earth while still obedient to God. While ruling over the earth he and 1/3rd rebelled against God. As he rose up against heaven, he was cast down again. consider (Rev 12:7-9, the time of the end, Lucifer against God).

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon: and the dragon fought and his angels. And prevailed not: neither was their place found anymore in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpant, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Now as for Satan walking in heaven and speaking with God about Job, before God's throne...well

There were two kingdoms, and two rulers. It has always been custom to allow an emmassary from one kingdom to come to the other for diplomatic relations. (where do you think we learned to do that). And why Satan needed permission to afflict Job, from God?..well perhaps Job was a diplomat, on embassy grounds (which means those grounds belong to the other kingdom). Again, where do you think we learned that?

So, I don't see where Jesus would have to secret himself back onto earth, when He can come anytime, whether we or Satan likes it or not. Either as an emmassary, or as an invading force.

And Satan hasn't risen up against heave yet, in one final battle, or I think there would be no one left to read this post, as it wouldn't exist...

v/r

Q

Back