Christianity

That's like asking how I feel about the everybody I know. Depends on the person, not the faith.
Indeed, it depends heavily on the individual. My parents are Christian, as is my older sister. Some of my best friends are Christian.

Fred Phelps is a Christian too.

I love my family and friends, but I probably couldn't stand being in the same room as Rev. Phelps for more than an hour because of his personality...not because of his beliefs (though I disagree strongly with them).

I find it great having friends of different religions. They ask me the tough questions about my beliefs that help me strengthen and temper my knowledge of the gods and the universe. Many of my friends at the present are Atheists, Agnostics, and Liberal Christians. I have a few Conservative Christian friends, mostly just contacts from high school. Atheists and Agnostics ask most of the tough questions about metaphysics, and Christians ask most of the tough questions about ethics. This, of course, isn't the extent of my friends...just the majority.

They shouldn't feel too bad seeing they are pretty much the same thing... Althought I guess they could be peeved, that some groups of Christians stole there ideology and also holidays/festivals....
some christians dont even realize that there festivals all have there roots in pagan worship, and it is all mixed up with true worship . and they themselves are taking on pagan beliefs so they are into pagan worship themselves anyway. what a mish mash

some christians dont even realize that there festivals all have there roots in pagan worship, and it is all mixed up with true worship . and they themselves are taking on pagan beliefs so they are into pagan worship themselves anyway. what a mish mash

And then there's a few of us that actually study it and realize it, but embrace it wholeheartedly, blending the two self-consciously. Some of us put that Christmas tree up and collect holly for a *reason* and not just out of rote consumerism, and it doesn't negate our love of Christ.

I like the mish mash.

As for what I think about Christians... pretty much what I think about any group of people. Every person in it is different and deserves to be met as an individual human, not just "one-more-of-those-people."

Back