The Blood of Christ

Dondi

Reaction score
I have a theory about the Blood of Christ:

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood..." - Leviticus 17:11

Blood circulates oxygen to every part of the body to feed our cells, allowing us to live. (Remember that God breathed life into man and he became a living soul (Gen. 2:7). Later, Jesus breathed on His disciples to receive the holy pirit(John 20;22)) If our blood is tainted with disease, our life begins to decay and we eventually die, unless something cures us. Perhaps a complete blood transfusion can cure us.

By the same token, our spirit is dead because of the taintness of sin, and therefore we are separated from God We are dead spiritually.

Jesus never sinned, His Life is in His Blood. He was perfect before God. He was God. Therefore His blood wasn't tainted. He rose from the grave under His own power. The grave could not keep Him.

Since we are spiritually dead to God in our sins, we need the Spirit of God to regenerate us. It is through Jesus that we receive that transfusion of Life in the Spirit that we may be alive to God.

Now I'm not sure of the mechanics of the Blood in giving us spiritual life. But if the Holy Spirit is like oxygen, then would stand to reason that it needs something to carry it into our bodies (as the temple of God). Now we are to have spiritual bodies when we are resurrected (see I Cor 15). It won't be flesh and blood, for they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, but maybe it is some kind of "spiritual blood", just as we receive spiritual bodies. You will recall that after Jesus rose from the dead, He appeared to His Disciples and they felt his wounds and Jesus even ate fish and honey. So there has to be some kind of physicality to the body, even though it is spiritual. So it would stand to reason that there would be a change to the condition of our blood in the process of receiving new spiritual bodies. Somehow Jesus' blood is needed so that the Spirit can give us life in those spiritual bodies. It would appear that we will have the bodies we have now (just as Jesus did when He still had the nailed scars), adn that we will be transformed in those bodies in a twinkling of an eye (I Cor. 15:52).

It's got to have do something with the transistion froM physical bodies to spiritual bodies. Mind you that I said spiritual bodies and not just spirit. We're not just going to be disembodied ghosts floating around. It's going to be like Jesus' body was after He rose from the dead. ("Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." - I John 3:2) These are elevated, perfect bodies. An upgrade, if you will. Never wearing out, never sick, never hurt, never dying. One thing is for sure, something has to raise us up in the resurrection. I believe it to be the Blood of Christ. Jesus has already been raised up as His Blood is pure, without sin. Perhaps in the transistion, our physical impure blood with transform into spirtual pure blood, through Christ's blood. That is the only way I can really see it

It's just my theory, but what do you think?

I did appreciate the contemplations.

I'm afraid if I responded, it would create arguments rather than discussions and instigate the thread to be bounced on its head and out of Christianity.

Hence no response...back to your regular programming.

Back