Theory of Angels

Dondi

Reaction score
On the subject of angels, I am formulating a theory that would warrant further study. However, what I propose would have far reaching implications and possibilities if true.

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.” – Matthew 22:30

“But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”” – Hebrews 1:13-14

According to Jesus’ reply to the Saduccees question on the resurrection in Matthew 22, it is the destiny of those who are saved to be as the angels in heaven. That at the present moment, we are a little lower than angels, but when we are raised to life, “…it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” – 1 John 3:2

We see a hint of this after Jesus’ resurrection, that Jesus possessed a body that is able to appear in a locked room, but also able to eat fish and honeycomb. But angels also seem to possess this capability to eat. In Genesis 18, Abraham fed three men, two of them angels (cross-reference to Genesis 19:1).

What if angels were once physical beings on another planet in God’s creation who have gone through the same salvation process as we are going through? While it seems like Mormon theology, I’m not advocating that God was once a man on a different planet and became God off this planet, no I’m speaking strictly about just about angels. The angels would then have known the mercy of God’s grace and experienced life and death as physical beings, but have been exalted to spiritual beings capable of the same manifestation as Jesus demonstrated after the resurrection.

What if we could become like angels and our future role would to aid God on some other planet that will go through the same salvation process; that we would be indeed the same type of ministering spirits as the angels in duty perform now? Perhaps there would be many such beings on other planets in the universe which would be our task to minister to. This would certainly would make our growth in eternity more realistic if we had some ministry to perform. We would certainly be taking a very active role in God's plan rather than plucking on a harp forever.

What do you think of this theory?

You should rent and watch City of Angels, a film made about ten years ago. I believe you'll be surprized just how much it aligns with your ideas.

flow:)

One stumbling block I see would be as we are saved, the Angels never were (no need to be). As I recall there will be two choirs in heaven. Those of the angels (who sing praises to God and His creation), and a second choir of man who will sing of their salvation and redemption...a song the angels never heard before, and they will be stunned by the power of that song. Wish I could remember where I read that.

v/r

Q

And remember St Paul said:
'Know ye not that we shall judge angels?' 1 Corinthians 6:3

The perfect man is more perfect than the perfect angel, because man is spirit and matter, whereas angel is spirit alone. This was, perhaps, what Lucifer could not get to grips with - according to tradition it was his refusal to acknowledge man as a superior being that led to his fall...

Thomas

Thomas said:
And remember St Paul said:
'Know ye not that we shall judge angels?' 1 Corinthians 6:3

The perfect man is more perfect than the perfect angel, because man is spirit and matter, whereas angel is spirit alone. This was, perhaps, what Lucifer could not get to grips with - according to tradition it was his refusal to acknowledge man as a superior being that led to his fall...

Thomas

This begs the question. In what capacity are we to judge angels? Which angels are we to judge? Fallen angels are judged already, aren't they? If we are to judge regular angels, this implies that they haven't done the perfect will of God. And if they haven't done perfectly, then what is their judgement? How is it we are qualified to judge angels in the first place?

But as my OP prepositioned, judging angels would make sense if they were once like us and THEN became angels. In other words, if my theory is correct, and I admit there is no way to prove this, then when we enter the kingdom of God after the resurrection and God does have us minister to other beings in the universe in the same capacity of angels, then would those who we would minister to judge us?

I realize I'm stretching here. But it do present mind-boggling possibilities.

flowperson said:
I really like that ! In the end, nothing but music !

flow....:)

Yeah, only thirty minutes of silence out of every twenty four (I so wish I could find where I read that)...:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

v/r

Q

Dondi said:
This begs the question. In what capacity are we to judge angels? Which angels are we to judge? Fallen angels are judged already, aren't they? If we are to judge regular angels, this implies that they haven't done the perfect will of God. And if they haven't done perfectly, then what is their judgement? How is it we are qualified to judge angels in the first place?

But as my OP prepositioned, judging angels would make sense if they were once like us and THEN became angels. In other words, if my theory is correct, and I admit there is no way to prove this, then when we enter the kingdom of God after the resurrection and God does have us minister to other beings in the universe in the same capacity of angels, then would those who we would minister to judge us?

I realize I'm stretching here. But it do present mind-boggling possibilities.

Actually you haven't stretched anything, Dondi. There are certain issues that should be cleared up first however. For example the fallen angels have not been judged yet. Second, the fallen third of angels came from the upper echelons of angel ranks, and now there is a power vaccuum.

Here are my reasons:

Let us consider Hebrews 2:6-7, "What is man, that you are mindful of him? or the son of man, that you visit him? You made him a little lower than that angels: you crowned him with glory and honor, and did set him over the works of Your hands:"

Now let us look at Daniel 10. Here Daniel receives a message from an envoy (messenger), but it was 21 days late!?! Why? Because the messenger had to fight with other spiritual beings, and only succeeded in breaking away, when Michael the Arch Angel stood with him (that is Michael alone stood with the messenger, against all those who opposed the message being given to Daniel).

Again, why? Because like on earth there are rank and file of angels in heaven. And the messenger (being a common rank of angel) was struggling against higher ranked angels. In short, nearly all the upper echelons of angels were who rebelled and fell, not the common soldier, and not the few higher "officers" such as the likes of Michael.

Revelation 12: 7-9, re-enforces this thought. Those 1/3rd that fell were beaten, and cast out by the few "generals" and the remaining "foot soldier" angels, but not yet judged. Ephesians 1 and Colossians 1 advises us that "Man" will assume those vacant ranks and authority. Who better? Man is both spirit and material body. And Man can fight, and has learned (the hard way), how to judge more or less fairly. How much more fair will man be once perfected? The "body of Christ" (us people), will assume the roles that have been vacated. I suppose that means if there are over 100,000,000 angels still in heaven, and they follow any sort of military heiarchy similar to human design, and the third that fell were the upper ranking angels as opposed to the foot solidiers, then we've just identified where the "144,000" are going to go (right into God's "military service", and officers of His angelic armed forces). Only they will also be judges of those that "mutinied", or more precisely, attempted a coups d'etat.

It also appears, that angels, can die...

my thoughts

v/r

Q

Gods faithful angels are very active and they are helping Jesus direct the preaching of the goodnews of the kingdom.
"And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people."—Rev. 14:6.
The "everlasting good news" includes the announcement that "the kingdom [or, rulership] of the world" has "become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ" and that Jehovah’s "appointed time" has come "to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." (Revelation 11:15, 17, 18) Is that not truly good news?

Back