Anyone here at University?

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just curious how many people here are at university?

If so, what are you studying?

BA (Divinity)

The Maryvale Institute runs a distance-learning programme validated by the Pontifical University of Maynooth. A kind of Open University methodology.

I am at HKU (Hard Knock University) or the school of hard knocks

Major: Life
Minor: People
Frat: ME PHI ME
Social Club: The Society of the Unfortunate and Poor (SOUP)
:)

Do you want to know more?
:cool:

Brian, you know me. I'm the NTS (non-traditional student) in Milwaukee (who is also a :kitty: magnet.) I'm very non-traditional in that I study almost anything (I won't take chemistry, physics or biology classes because my math skills are extremely weak, but I did take a semester of astronomy.)

Some of the classes I've taken over the years I've gone: Gaelic, Japanese, Russian (back when Reagan was president), Hebrew (just one semester and the instructor :ped), logic, ethics, Western Great Lakes American Indian philosophy, American Indian history from pre-Columbian contact to the present, Russian history through the present, Shamans, Mystics and Medicine Hunters (a class on a: the ethnic conflicts between "traditional"/"tribal" cultures and "Western" cultures and b: the ethical dilemmas presented by these conflicts), Blacks, Jews and Black Jews (a class on "Black"/"Jewish" relations and on people who are both "Black" and "Jewish"), Irish mythology, Norse mythology (that professor also :ped), comparative religions, Wing Chung kung fu*, kendo*, kobudo*, ballroom dancing, disco/nightclub dancing* (although I rarely go out dancing, especially "clubbing"), Eastern meditation, straw weaving...

I think I'll leave my list at just this for the time being.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

* - just rudimentary, nothing really beyond the basics

Major: East-asian studies (China speciality)
Minor: Anthropology

I just completed those. Next year should be another language... :rolleyes:

I'm curious - how many of you have access to webspace on the university website?

Major: Biology
Minors: Music and Kinesiology

pre-chiropractic...

We do have access to webspace, I think. Some students do at least, though maybe just computer science majors.

Sarah

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
I might have. Why do you ask?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Because it would be very helpful for CR if anyone at uni, with uni webspace, were to recommend CR as somewhere perhaps worth visiting. :)

I have recommended the site to my Blacks, Jews and Black Jews class (e-mailed several threads in the Judaism forum to the instructor [she seemed impressed with both the dialogues between daur and bananabrain]), and I've recommended the site to my Russian/Ethnic Studies professor (he can't access the site over the summer because he's back in Russia.) He hadn't heard of the "Siberian Messiah" before I asked him about it, and he told me that he might look into it in an anthropological perspective (piqued his curiosity, too.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of. :)

I said:
That's exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of. :)
Ok then....I think what you are really asking is....

Anyone here have a website, a blogsite, a yahoo page, a myspace account?

If you are willing and able would you please provide a link to C-R?

It would be greatly appreciated, especially if your site attracts folks that may be attracted to discussion, or at least clicking on our ads!
But I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth....

but I did put a link on my blogsite.

Back