Jehovah's Witnesses

All the Scriptures indicate that man's will is in bondage to corruption (slave to sin). We are naturally hostile to God because of what we are. Our choices result from our nature and disposition. We hate God by nature. None of us naturally see Christs beauty and excellency until God does His supernatural work of regeneration. Two scriptures that come to mind as I write this is 2Thes 2:10 and John 3:19. The plain truth is, God is far too holy and demands us to be as He is - Perfect. We're happy in sins (not the consequence of it) and we're happy just saying "no one is Perfect."

Terrence said:
The gospel of works its the doctrine of the JWs.

I "could" say that this is obviously libel...

Terrence said:

Matthew 7:20 comes to mind...

Terrence said:

James 2:26 comes to mind...

Terrence said:
Again, I agree that these people go through persecution after leaving the religion, but thats only a promise that is to be fulfilled if you really are a Christian. Its good to suffer persecution for the Lord's sake.

I "could" say these people go through persecution to stay in their religion, as evidenced by this thread...

Terrence said:
Its good to suffer persecution for the Lord's sake.

Do you suffer persecution in being a Christian? Do Christians in general suffer persecution in being Christians? Or do Jehovah's Witnesses suffer persecution for being a Jehovah's Witness?

I "could" say that of all the denominations under the umbrella of Christendom, I have never seen any group under more pressure to abandon their religion than the Jehovah's Witnesses...

But of course, this "might" all be obvious to Jehovah's Witnesses, and your heart and mind "might" be sealed from understanding this right now. Maybe next time they are in your area God "might" do a supernatural work in you... and you'll welcome them into your home for a Bible Study.

By the way, if you hadn't already noticed, this post represents how a Jehovah's Witness might feel if they were to read this thread... not necessarily my own feelings on the matter.

;)

Niether quote refers to ALL people or men being G-d hating, once you read them in context.

My opinion is that 99.99% of people seek and provide love, understanding and light...0.001% make the paper and great examples for everyone to remain fearful.

I "could" say that this is obviously libel...

Sorry, I dont get it.

Matthew 7:20 comes to mind...

Why?

James 2:26 comes to mind...

Dont take one scripture out of context and build a theology out of it. Thats how cults get started. Take all the scripture that has to do with salvation and jutapose each of them with other that you may get a better understand. If soterology isnt something you'd like to get into at this moment, I'll give you the short answer: We're saved for good works and not by works. Good works are results of what will happen if someone is born. K?

I "could" say these people go through persecution to stay in their religion, as evidenced by this thread...

You consider what I said persecution? Wow!

Do you suffer persecution in being a Christian? Do Christians in general suffer persecution in being Christians? Or do Jehovah's Witnesses suffer persecution for being a Jehovah's Witness?

Yes to all.

I "could" say that of all the denominations under the umbrella of Christendom, I have never seen any group under more pressure to abandon their religion than the Jehovah's Witnesses...

I agree.

But of course, this "might" all be obvious to Jehovah's Witnesses, and your heart and mind "might" be sealed from understanding this right now. Maybe next time they are in your area God "might" do a supernatural work in you... and you'll welcome them into your home for a Bible Study.

I do all the time. They dont like to get into Theology with me though.

By the way, if you hadn't already noticed, this post represents how a Jehovah's Witness might feel if they were to read this thread... not necessarily my own feelings on the matter.

I can understand that.

wil said:
Niether quote refers to ALL people or men being G-d hating, once you read them in context.

My opinion is that 99.99% of people seek and provide love, understanding and light...0.001% make the paper and great examples for everyone to remain fearful.

Neither qoute represent ALL people because in context, they were talking about two different groups: Those who believe (regenerated sinners) those who dont believe (unregenerated sinners). Again, no one in their natural state and pior to God regenerating them, love God. We all hate God - the true God that is. Romans 3 again say NONE seek after God. Jesus himself said, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me first draws them."

Dont think yourself better because you love Christ and see Him as Precious (if in fact you do). Rather, praise God for Him giving you the abality to see the glorious splender that is in Christ. We are saved by Grace through faith and NOT of ourselves, it is the gift of God. Even our faith is a gift! Therefore, praise God for His super amazing grace!!

My take; the JW religion is just plain wrong. You dont have to be some turn or burn freak to see that. Cult mentality, colt abuse, false prophecies, non biblical doctrines, amateur anti-scholary theology etc. You only speak favorable about such a system/religion (not the people caught in it) if you are a JW, inactive/disfellowshipped JW, sometimes when related to JWs or some searching person who does not know enough about them.

examples of what is inaccurate and suggestions to the better understanding of the word is more helpful and worth having a conversation about.

True, but I was thinking about those informed about JW doctrine not the sick. If you serious, then gee I dont know where to start. Datesetting, the "earthly class" who is not part of the body of Christ and the following Christrejection, constant misquotation of scholars in their literature, arianism, extreme premillenianism, all sorts of cult abuse. Just a few examples..

yes, the authority and credibililty of those that interpret greek and hebrew in certain cults is questionable.

Student1975 said:
True, but I was thinking about those informed about JW doctrine not the sick. If you serious, then gee I dont know where to start. Datesetting, the "earthly class" who is not part of the body of Christ and the following Christrejection, constant misquotation of scholars in their literature, arianism, extreme premillenianism, all sorts of cult abuse. Just a few examples..

Thats true. Im just learning that stuff. Cool!

Back