Questions

FLOWERGIRL

Reaction score
Some say Jesus is God, and some say He is a god but not God almighty.

When did He become a god? Did God almighty create another god? Is He a false god?

Thank you in advance for your replies. :)

FLOWERGIRL said:

When did He become a god? Did God almighty create another god? Is He a false god?

If it's a Jehovah's Witness perspective you're after, I can attempt to offer it on their behalf...

The Father (Jehovah/Yahweh) created The Son (Jesus) as his first act of creation i.e. Jesus was the fistborn of all creation.

This is when Jesus became "a" god, or demiurge would probably be more suitable - but not the bad kind of demiurge as found in Gnosticism.

Jesus then created everything else, or The Father created everything else "through" Jesus who was acting as his master worker.

As for being a true or false god, Jesus isn't any more true or false a god than the angels who were also called gods in the OT.

FLOWERGIRL said:

Jesus has been from the beginning.. He's not a created being He has always been... He is the Lord God Almighty.. El Shaddai.. Adonai..

aburaees said:
If it's a Jehovah's Witness perspective you're after, I can attempt to offer it on their behalf...

The Father (Jehovah/Yahweh) created The Son (Jesus) as his first act of creation i.e. Jesus was the fistborn of all creation.

This is when Jesus became "a" god, or demiurge would probably be more suitable - but not the bad kind of demiurge as found in Gnosticism.

Jesus then created everything else, or The Father created everything else "through" Jesus who was acting as his master worker.

As for being a true or false god, Jesus isn't any more true or false a god than the angels who were also called gods in the OT.

But is there not only one true God?

Faithfulservant said:
Jesus has been from the beginning.. He's not a created being He has always been... He is the Lord God Almighty.. El Shaddai.. Adonai..

aburaees says;

The Son (Jesus) as his first act of creation i.e. Jesus was the fistborn of all creation.

This is when Jesus became "a" god,

Do you not agree with this? if not why?

ps..just to be clear, I don't believe "firstborn" actually means "first creation"

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]John 1:3[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.[/FONT]
Read the last words nothing was made without him....Jesus did not create himself.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Sorry I will take what my Bible says and there is many more we can list.

FLOWERGIRL said:
aburaees says;

The Son (Jesus) as his first act of creation i.e. Jesus was the fistborn of all creation.

This is when Jesus became "a" god,

Do you not agree with this? if not why?

ps..just to be clear, I don't believe "firstborn" actually means "first creation"

I dont agree... God refers to Israel as His firstborn.. JW's believe that Jesus is Michael.. who is a created being.. JW's are not worshipping the same God as I am.

Ex 4:22 'Thus says the Lord: "Israel is My son, My firstborn.

Jer 31:9 They shall come with weeping, And with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, In a straight way in which they shall not stumble; For I am a Father to Israel, And Ephraim is My firstborn.

Scripture says:

"And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

Jesus is supposedly God incarnate, so there's no way he could have existed before Creation, seeing as there was no flesh to incarnate into. I'm pretty sure Jesus is God, but what that actually means is far beyond me.

FLOWERGIRL said:

Jesus is Lord, God, and Saviour. He is the everlasting and eternal Son of God. He has always existed and will always exist with the Father. The Father sent the Word to be the saviour of mankind, and there is no other way to the Father but through the Son. Upon his resurrection, the only begotten Son was glorified back in both body and spirit, and the Father has given his Son all the power and authority to him in all things and he sits glorified on the throne of God that he had with him from the beginning.

FLOWERGIRL said:

i would say that Jesus is God-like he is the image of God, so that would make him like God, and being with his father Jehovah as the only begotten son of God he learned and was taught many things from his father Jehovah. but to be like someone does not mean that you are the same. Jesus had a pre-human life in the heavens before coming to the earth, and he was only- begotten because he was the only one created by his father alone. every thing else was created through Jehovahs son , and looking at the context of the bible it all makes sense.
the Word had the same nature as God.’" (Journal of Biblical Literature, 1973, pp. 85, 87) Thus, in this text, the fact that the word the·os´ in its second occurrence is without the definite article (ho) and is placed before the verb in the sentence in Greek is significant. Interestingly, translators that insist on rendering John 1:1, "The Word was God," do not hesitate to use the indefinite article (a, an) in their rendering of other passages where a singular anarthrous predicate noun occurs before the verb. Thus at John 6:70, JB and KJ both refer to Judas Iscariot as "a devil," and at John 9:17 they describe Jesus as "a prophet."

The ninth chapter of John, when read in its entirety, shows the reason for the language chosen by the blind man, as well as his parents. The way I read it, John does not seek to convey the idea that Jesus is only a prophet.

2c

InPeace,
InLove

mee said:
begotten because he was the only one created by his father alone. every thing else was created through Jehovahs son , and looking at the context of the bible it all makes sense.

without him nothing was made that was made. Says it right there he was not made. Read your bible Mee quit listening to some man who wanted his own religion. The Bible does not lie. Charles Russel did.

InLove said:
The ninth chapter of John, when read in its entirety, shows the reason for the language chosen by the blind man, as well as his parents. The way I read it, John does not seek to convey the idea that Jesus is only a prophet.

2c

InPeace,
InLove
I agree InLove.

John never implied anywhere that Jesus was just another prophet or the Archangel Michael or Lucifers brother or any of the other things the cults of today have made up.

Son of God refers to the Word that proceeded from God manifested in the flesh as the messiah. Begotten Son of God refers to the Son that proceeded from God and was resurrected and thus glorified in both body and spirit like we will be one day if we believe in Him.

moseslmpg said:
Jesus is supposedly God incarnate, so there's no way he could have existed before Creation, seeing as there was no flesh to incarnate into. I'm pretty sure Jesus is God, but what that actually means is far beyond me.
sure there was flesh before this world.. what about angels?

Faithfulservant said:
sure there was flesh before this world.. what about angels?

Aren't angels spirit beings that can assumed physical bodies for the purposes of God?

moseslmpg said:

Why not? Flesh is matter, which is simply a slower vibrating form of energy. Jesus took the form of a flesh and blood body to walk among men, as one of them. That doesn't mean that before He assumed a physical body that He did not exist. Pretty brilliant idea actually, because it gave man a focal point to concentrate on concerning God, instead of some unfathomable etheral concept.

Well, I suppose on what you mean when you say Jesus. When I say Jesus, I mean the man made of flesh and blood, i.e. God incarnate. I wasn't saying that the Son did not exist before Creation.

moseslmpg said:
Well, I suppose on what you mean when you say Jesus. When I say Jesus, I mean the man made of flesh and blood, i.e. God incarnate. I wasn't saying that the Son did not exist before Creation.

He was born a human child of Mary circa 4 BCE. He came into the world in the usual way, and apparently insisted on no fanfare prior to His arrival.

InLove said:

2c

InPeace,
InLove
i am refering to translation , translators put (a) in some places but not in other places , its good to get it right then the understanding is right.

Back