How to quote ???

Ciel

in essence
Reaction score
Ciel's feeling it's time to move out of the clouds and return with a more grounded approach......... Like getting the QUOTE thing together !
Half a century in earth years and two years visiting this board and still can't get the things to work...........

Could someone tell this numbskull HOW.

love - c - :)

There's the "Quotes for Dummies" method and there's the "longhand" method.

"Quotes for Dummies" method: click the button on the post you want to quote (only works for quoting from posts within a thread)

"Longhand" method: [ quote ] This is what I want to post. [ /quote ] This is how it would look if you removed the spaces within the brackets:
This is what I want to post.

Hope this helps (also, don't forget to include the source of your quote.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

lesson two

longhand with source

between the first [] is the info that causes the quote to start and after the = sign is everything that will identify where you got it

[ quote=put source name here] And in here put whatever you've cut and pasted from another post [ /quote]

And the last [] with the / in front of quote tells the program this is the end of what you want in the box.

( I again added the spaces before the q and the / so the programming would not work with them removed we get...

put source here said:
And in here put whatever you've cut and pasted from another post

ps...first I was painfully cutting and pasting the info into the brackets and pushing the little quote button till I realized I did have some typing skills...

good luck...quote away...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
There's the "Quotes for Dummies" method and there's the "longhand" method.

"Quotes for Dummies" method:

Thanks Phyllis...... testing....1 2 3....

you can only (as far as I know) utilize the click (dummy) method once per post....

You gotta go longhand after that. but once your little pinky finger realizes it gets to operate [, ], =, and / all without using the shift key, all on its lonesome, it will feel it has been elevated in the world of forums as the 'key' finger when it comes to quotes!

wil said:
lesson two

longhand with source

between the first [] is the info that causes the quote to start and after the = sign is everything that will identify where you got it

[ quote=put source name here] And in here put whatever you've cut and pasted from another post [ /quote]

And the last [] with the / in front of quote tells the program this is the end of what you want in the box.

( I again added the spaces before the q and the / so the programming would not work with them removed we get...

ps...first I was painfully cutting and pasting the info into the brackets and pushing the little quote button till I realized I did have some typing skills...

good luck...quote away...

Oh my, really going to have to get my head in order for this one Wil........
still working on system one, and time to cook dinner, but all help appreciated.......again how does it work to quote and quote again?

wil said:
you can only (as far as I know) utilize the click (dummy) method once per post....

You gotta go longhand after that. but once your little pinky finger realizes it gets to operate [, ], =, and / all without using the shift key, all on its lonesome, it will feel it has been elevated in the world of forums as the 'key' finger when it comes to quotes!

Hi, and already answered, thanks, shall seek perfect perfection.
:)

Back