The Illuminati

Discussion in 'Ancient History and Mythology' started by Rouge47, Nov 3, 2006.

1. NeoGnostic Pantheist

NeoGnostic Pantheist LHP-Pantheist

The Illuminati are one of my favorite archetypes. Mainly because they're a secret society of scientist that allegedly has infiltrated every powerful organization on the planet.

2. Saltmeister

Saltmeister The Dangerous Dinner

What if we're all part of a secret group and don't even know it? Wouldn't that be secret?

3. The Adept

The Adept New Member

Scholarly info on the Order of the Illuminati | Bavarian Illuminati

The historical Illuminati were a part of the enlightenment of the times.

1. Notwithstanding, as in the past, the goal that the Order proposes for the future remains the same: to render unto man the importance of the perfection of reason and his moral character; to develop social and humane sentiments, to oppose the wicked designs in the world, to assist against the injustice suffered by the unfortunate and the oppressed, to encourage men of merit, and in general to facilitate the means of knowing and science. Assurance is here given, in a sacred and faithful manner that this is the sole goal — not just supposed — of the Order (1).
      On the contrary, the Order offers nothing more, therefore candidates will increase in due time; this will prove to be more beneficial, as they realize that, in opposition to the practice of other societies, we possess more than what we had promised.
      A member who is thrust upon entering the Order with the hope of gaining greater power and wealth would not be welcomed.'

4. cristianprince67

cristianprince67 New Member

I'm a schizophrenic and I used to be so paranoid about the illuminati and thinking they were out to get me, and I don't even know what the group is. Do they have anything to do with the government?

5. Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate Well-Known Member

Yes the organization did exist - a couple hundred years ago. No they have nothing to do with the U.S. government (that august organization manages to do all its evil all on its own).

There are many modern day groups claiming to have direct descendants to the original organization. There is little if any proof to substantiate those claims. What they stand for today is so buried in conspiracy theory that it is about impossible to know where the reality is. Or if there is any reality at all!

6. The Adept

The Adept New Member

No.
    ' to develop social and humane sentiments, to oppose the wicked designs in the world, to assist against the injustice suffered by the unfortunate and the oppressed, to encourage men of merit, and in general to facilitate the means of knowing and science...'

Chalk and cheese?

7. Lumpino

Lumpino New Member

I think Illuminati dont exist. It is a construticon ...

8. donnann

donnann Active Member

Byonce and her husband are illuminatis. My daughter pointed out all of the symbols they use.

9. donnann

donnann Active Member

look at free masonry. Its also considered a religious secret society with very wealthy members. My grandfather was a free mason member.

10. donnann

donnann Active Member

11. The Adept

The Adept New Member

12. donnann

donnann Active Member

well apparently that has changed since beyonce is one of them.