wy do people think jesus was god

S

shadowman

because the bible says so?
becuase bible is supposed to be word of god?
what makes god of bible so perfect and holy.
if he is holy and perfect why does he change?

i definitely agree with that.

but didnt the bible god change with the new deal of jesus?

Yes, I think the perception of God changed with Jesus...The way he [God] was percieved among some of his [Jesus'] followers.

Matthew 13:17

17. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Pure speculation, of course...

Much Love,

because the bible says so?
becuase bible is supposed to be word of god?
what makes god of bible so perfect and holy.
if he is holy and perfect why does he change?

Yeah, A: because the Bible says so.

My own point of view is that Jesus doesn't get to be divine until the Greek part gets overlayed on the Jewish part. There's no reason a messiah needs to be divine. It's the Greek avatar bit that makes Jesus divine. If Jesus has two natures: human and divine, the Jewish part is human, and the Greek part is divine.

And yeah, God doesn't change. So that kinda blows a hole in the interventionist God idea doesn't it?

Just my thoughts...

Chris

What is the interventionist God idea? That God does or doesn't intervene in life?

I'm confused, lol! :/

Much Love,

why do people think that Jesus is God? the answer to that one is easy, the manmade trinity doctrine confused the correct bible teaching and in turn misled many to believe that the only-begotten SON of God ,was God . but if we stick to correct bible teaching we are not misled to believe false manmade doctrines . the bible teaches us that Jesus is Gods only- begotten SON and not God .
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth. psalm 83;18
"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."—JOHN 17:3. yes the bible is very clear as to who Jehovah is ,and to who Jesus is .
ACCURATE knowledge of God and his Son, Jesus Christ, is vital for those who want everlasting life.
the simple, clear teaching that God and Christ are two separate persons, and that the holy spirit is not a person but is God’s active force, has been twisted down through the centuries. Instead, the Trinity teaching has become the fundamental doctrine of Christendom. and look how many are decieved by this teaching.
the Trinity has pagan roots.
Christendom has incorporated a pagan concept into its teachings.
the Trinity was evidence that Christendom had apostatized from the teachings of Christ and had adopted pagan teachings instead.
when the Bible says that Jesus Christ is God’s Son, that is what it means.
John 14:28, RS: "[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I."
So, then, can the Trinity doctrine be viewed as Christian? No, for it denies the clear Biblical statements that Jesus Christ is the "Son of God," the "firstborn of all creation" and the "beginning of the creation by God." (John 20:31; Col. 1:15; Rev. 3:14) It falsely claims that he is coequal and coeternal with the Father.
True Christianity, therefore, requires that we reject the Trinity doctrine as false, as an "invention" of sinful men. We should worship the Father as the only true God, and do so through his firstborn Son Jesus Christ, the One who occupies the first place among all of God’s intelligent creatures.—Col. 3:17.

why do people think that Jesus is God? the answer to that one is easy, the manmade trinity doctrine confused the correct bible teaching and in turn misled many to believe that the only-begotten SON of God ,was God . but if we stick to correct bible teaching we are not misled to believe false manmade doctrines . the bible teaches us that Jesus is Gods only- begotten SON and not God .
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth. psalm 83;18
"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."—JOHN 17:3. yes the bible is very clear as to who Jehovah is ,and to who Jesus is .
ACCURATE knowledge of God and his Son, Jesus Christ, is vital for those who want everlasting life.
the simple, clear teaching that God and Christ are two separate persons, and that the holy spirit is not a person but is God’s active force, has been twisted down through the centuries. Instead, the Trinity teaching has become the fundamental doctrine of Christendom. and look how many are decieved by this teaching.
the Trinity has pagan roots.
Christendom has incorporated a pagan concept into its teachings.
the Trinity was evidence that Christendom had apostatized from the teachings of Christ and had adopted pagan teachings instead.
when the Bible says that Jesus Christ is God’s Son, that is what it means.
John 14:28, RS: "[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I."
So, then, can the Trinity doctrine be viewed as Christian? No, for it denies the clear Biblical statements that Jesus Christ is the "Son of God," the "firstborn of all creation" and the "beginning of the creation by God." (John 20:31; Col. 1:15; Rev. 3:14) It falsely claims that he is coequal and coeternal with the Father.
True Christianity, therefore, requires that we reject the Trinity doctrine as false, as an "invention" of sinful men. We should worship the Father as the only true God, and do so through his firstborn Son Jesus Christ, the One who occupies the first place among all of God’s intelligent creatures.—Col. 3:17.

I don't believe in the bible. But from what the bible is trying to teach people, Mee is on the money... jesus and jah are two seperate beings.

If Jesus did not say He was God, on what grounds did the Sanhedrin accuse him of blasphemy?

+++

It depends how your view the Bible.

Did God turn up with a book and say 'read this, it explains everything.'

Or is it more complex than that?

Dei verbum states:
"Those divinely revealed realities which are contained and presented in Sacred Scripture have been committed to writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit ... they have God as their author and ... God chose men and while employed by Him they made use of their powers and abilities, so that with Him acting in them and through them, they, as true authors, consigned to writing everything and only those things which He wanted."

As stated elsewhere, this then draws a subtle distinction between Scripture as Truth, and Scripture that contains and transmits Truth 'without the admixture of error' whilst in the material facts recorded might not be historically accurate - as many have proven to be the case.

Scripture is not anonymous – Biblical scholarship clearly shows the workmanship of different streams and currents of thought throughout – the Yahwist, the Elohist, the Priestly and the Deuteronomic being the most prevalent – whilst recording the truth and content of the religion of Israel. In the light of present anti-religious feeling, one really has to understand the dynamism of the source and development of Scripture before one can make an informed judgement.

Then it's a matter of faith. Take it or leave it.

Thomas

the scriptures clearly state who jesus is and god does proclaim his son and the prophets as well; jesus is the creator, the saviour, the redeemer, the good shephard, king, the rock, his name is above all names, the light of the world, everlasting life, he is the judge, he is the first and the last, unchanging, I am. all that god is, jesus is, they are one. the trinity is not a christian concept, it is what created the universe, what resurrected jesus christ, and what works in the lives of godly men. i am terribly bothered by those denying jesus christ as our lord and god and will pray that god touches your heart and you see his fullness and glory in his son.

Thomas said:
If Jesus did not say He was God, on what grounds did the Sanhedrin accuse him of blasphemy?

Like this one, Thomas?

"I and my Father are one.
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand," - John 10:31-39

because the bible says so? well that is one reason.
becuase bible is supposed to be word of god? well that is one reason
what makes god of bible so perfect and holy. It is just a fact of life.
if he is holy and perfect why does he change? He does not change. People change him to fit their box.
.:).

Ok got one for you. If you do not think he is God then what do you think he is? He has to be God, angel or just some man. Also what would you base it on since only one is biblically supported?

the scriptures clearly state who jesus is and god does proclaim his son and the prophets as well; jesus is the creator, the saviour, the redeemer, the good shephard, king, the rock, his name is above all names, the light of the world, everlasting life, he is the judge, he is the first and the last, unchanging, I am. all that god is, jesus is, they are one. the trinity is not a christian concept, it is what created the universe, what resurrected jesus christ, and what works in the lives of godly men. i am terribly bothered by those denying jesus christ as our lord and god and will pray that god touches your heart and you see his fullness and glory in his son.

why are you bothered? god is in control right?

Ok got one for you. If you do not think he is God then what do you think he is? He has to be God, angel or just some man. Also what would you base it on since only one is biblically supported?

well

maybe all men are god

or maybe he was just enlightened and people that worte the bible didnt REALLY understand him

i base it on experienceig life, philosophy, humanity, society and philosophy

there are also books that thik the bible is not accurate to what jesus said or did, but there is of course lots of controversy

even if jesus did say he was god

maybe he was having an experience based around the psychology, myths, and influences of his time.

why are you bothered? god is in control right?
just because god is in control doesnt mean we stop caring about the salvation of others or the consequence of a rebellious and hardened heart. this is why jesus says blessed are the meek and poor in spirit, a broken person searches to and believes god's words like a thirsty man searches for water in the desert. when we are rich or prideful or arrogant we think why do we need god or twist his words to fit our lifestyle.

yeah but its gods will... might as well view that person as dead/damned, god obviously does

yeah but its gods will... might as well view that person as dead/damned, god obviously does
god gives the ability to reason and act . to say it is god's will when god has not proclaimed it, that is justifying your act by associating it with gods will or being indifferent and apathetic towards you fellow man by saying god will deal with it.

Hebrews 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Nope he came and died for every man. Men choose to damn themselves, God does not choose it for them.

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Back