Woman's freeway signs stir creation debate

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
'I have no idea what will happen … God will take it where He wants to take it'

A Minnesota woman who once thought creationism "was absolutely nuts" has bought a billboard in downtown Minneapolis and one in Duluth aimed at stirring debate over evolution.

The messages – which cost about $10,000 each – point passersby to a website – WhoIsYourCreator.com – where a case is made against Darwin's theory...

Cont'd

I have no intention of 'starting something' with this, particularly because this is the Christian board (even though many Christians do not find conflict between their religion and the theory of evolution) however, I wanted to comment that I was curious and went to visit whoisyourcreator.com. While I have heard that there are unanswered questions and interesting points of discussion (and contention! :p ) within the theory, the site at hand was either written by someone with total ignorance of the subject matter or by someone deliberately trying to mislead.

I got to say Darwin’s origin of species could be re-written sooner then later.

How about the idea of dormant mutation genes occurring within generations and if 2 were to mate the offspring inherits.

This could take only serval generations for a new specie and there is scientific proof to suggest so.

I got to say Darwin’s origin of species could be re-written sooner then later.

How about the idea of dormant mutation genes occurring within generations and if 2 were to mate the offspring inherits.

This could take only serval generations for a new specie and there is scientific proof to suggest so.

Darwin's book is the prototypical version of the evolution theory. Would you say that the Wealth of Nations (by Adam Smith) is a functional textbook on modern economics theory?

As someone who has read the entirety of the Origin of Species, I can say that while there are some faults in it because of the advancement of science in Darwin's day, it is actually very relevant to anyone wanting to understand evolution - whether serious student or layman.

sara[h]ng;85442 said:
As someone who has read the entirety of the Origin of Species, I can say that while there are some faults in it because of the advancement of science in Darwin's day, it is actually very relevant to anyone wanting to understand evolution - whether serious student or layman.

I do not discount evolution, but nor do I embrace the timelines that allegedly define it. What does bother me is the lack of definitive proof of evolution. Perhaps it is due to the atmospheric/geological conditions of this planet being so harsh (relatively speaking) that it cleans up most traces of the past to within a few thousand years of the current society in question.

We can only trace writing back to 3500 BCE, for example (the Hamaratans), and perhaps the Egyptian time of the alleged leader known as the Scorpion King.

Radio carbon dating is proven inaccurate. Indeed the readings can be knocked off by millions of years, simply by adding an outside influence at a much later date (say a fire within the area).

On the other hand, most of us can't trace our family history back mor than a few hundred years before being lost to the ages.

Again another point would be the perceived timeline between Adam and Jesus being 4000 years. How was that recorded when 3000 years passed before the Hebrew written language even existed? From word of mouth? If the Haratans are considered to be the first written language (at 3500 BCE), is that the language that Adam spoke, indeed all humans at the time? (Adam would have still been alive at 3500 BCE, as a middle aged man of 500 years old, indeed his death at 932 years would have put him squarely within the realm of the Sumarians rise to influence at 3100 BCE). Why then was that language abandoned, for the relatively modern languages of Sumaria, Egypt, China, the slovenian dialects etc.? These occured well before the alleged Tower of Babylon, yet the Bible states up to that point all men spoke one language. There is conflict with this statement and the reality that has been verified and dated (accurately), unless biblical events are even older than we think (which could quite possibly be true).

And why, if Adam was so important to man (as well as Eve), are there no remains to be recovered to prove their existence, when there are nearly perfectly preserved remains of humans who died circa 2000/3000 BCE in various areas of the planet (the wife of a Chinese Emperor, the bog man in the British isles and the hunter in some mountain range in middle Europe for examples)?

So many questions and no direct links to provide answers...

v/r

Joshua

Back