Christian couple wins pay-out after police questioning

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Christian couple questioned by police in England for describing homosexuality as "morally wrong" have won a £10,000 (€15,000) payout and an apology.

Helen and Joe Roberts were reported to police last December after they asked their local council - Wyre Borough Council - to display Christian literature alongside leaflets about gay rights.

The council refused, which prompted Mrs Roberts to make a telephone complaint in which she described homosexual practice as "morally wrong"...

Cont'd
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Christian couple questioned by police in England for describing homosexuality as "morally wrong" have won a £10,000 (€15,000) payout and an apology.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Helen and Joe Roberts were reported to police last December after they asked their local council - Wyre Borough Council - to display Christian literature alongside leaflets about gay rights.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The council refused, which prompted Mrs Roberts to make a telephone complaint in which she described homosexual practice as "morally wrong"...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cont'd[/FONT]
Big brother just got slam dunked. On the other hand, I believe the Roberts could have stated the obvious (we are relieved and pleased), in lieu of elated or delighted. Other than that, I think it very big of the Constabulary to admit an error, and make that admittence public. That is a police force I would trust. On the other hand, the Roberts made a stink, and some would argue that was the beginning of the whole mess...so be it, they have a right to speak their mind just like anyone else.

I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US, the ACLU would have been all over that, and not for the Roberts' free speech rights...ACLJ on the other hand, would have been.

v/r

Joshua

Back