Theologians

Then again the freesmansons who played a big influence on american politics from 1600s to 1800s. Already had Baha'i ideas in politics.

The Masons, like so many false religions, hold as a core belief one of Satan's biggest lies. That being that all faiths and all scriptures lead to the same God. Freemasonry teaches that there is one God and men of all religions worship that one God using a variety of different names. In a Masonic Lodge, all join in corporate prayer to the Great Architect of the Universe, (GAOTU) and embrace the scripture of any and all religions.

Can't blame Irman for his conspiracy views. The only problem here is, if i was to bleieve a conspirac view it would be from the Christian side and not the Islamic one. Which shows that maybe us asuming the same thinking is a human thing and brings back the idea that all relgions and views are of the same source.

If you were to create a Baha'i political party then maybe you can do things differently. I think that Baha'is could be missing out on alot of important and needed influence of society by staying clear from partisan. Baha'u'llah was born in a time of oppressive Persian and Ottoman rule but today especially in the west we live in an effective democratic and secular system. We even have environment friendly parties. If there can never be a Baha'i president then were just going to be going round in vicious circles.

We Baha'is see it this way...the politcal parties anbd governments will build what we calll the "lesser peace"... this was foreseeen many years ago, so we do not have to be involved in shortsighted partisan political projects or be exploited by politicians for their whims...

There are some religious groups that form their ownpolitical parties but you will never have Baha'is doing that... Thanks for the advice but we already have a long term strategy and it seems to be working...

You see we Baha'is have a long range view that goes beyond the next election...

What you may also be overlooking is that for Baha'is our laws and principles are not just for the few years they were revealed or even conditioned by the social conditions of the time, but have a long range perspective that is over centuries of time and leading to the buildingthe foundatiosn of a world civilization and commonwealth.... The blue prints are already on the table for anyone to see.

As to Masonic lodges Baha'is are not permitted to join secret organizations of any kind. We stress loyalty to duly constituted authorities rather than rebellion and subterfuge.... The oppression of people for their beliefs is inexcuseable and violates their basic human rights granted by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

- Art

Every 19 days Baha'is around the world get a letter from the Universal House of Justice. The letter mentions about the atrocities against peoples of all faiths, either directly or indirectly.

good. very good. then one should raise the issue of the Iranian Bahai there only. Why do it selectively?

Regards
Imran

Hi again!

If you were to create a Baha'i political party then maybe you can do things differently.

Meaning no offense, but this seems to indicate you have very little famliarity with the Baha'i Faith and our standards/values.

Partisan politics--and the associated political parties--not only don't match the Baha'i Faith and its teachings, but can argurably be considered anathema to them!

Please bear in mind that our primary stress is unity: of God, of humanity, and of religions generally.

And partisam poltics is quite the opposite of this--a divide-and-conquer process that destroys rather than promotes unity!

This is why Baha'is not only avoid partisan politics like the plague but are forbidden from joining political parties!

So the idea of a "Baha'i political party" is as much an oxymoron as a "peaceful war."

(Indeed, I'm reminded of a talk by a famous Baha'i who spoke of "humble murderers, reverent backbiters, and friendly thieves."

Peace,

Bruce

Greetings redux! :)

How do Baha'is expect a country to be governed then?

The Baha'i scriptures lay out a completely new administrative system which is already in use world-wide within the Baha'i community!

Like the Faith itself, its emphases are unity and concord.

While it features democratic elections at all levels, it is entirely nonpartisan, and has no nominations, no campaigning, and no discussion of individual personalaties.

Instead, after a period of prayer and meditation, each individual Baha'i votes for the nine individuals he or she feels are best-suited to serve, and the nine persons receiving the most votes are automatically elected. (Our administrative bodies all have nine members, with five being a quorum.) There is thus no opportunity either to "run for office" or, save for exceptional circumstances like illness or hardship, to decline to serve. (There is also a special tie-breaking procedure for use as needed; it favors minorities.)

Those elected have no special status and no special authority; they are "just Baha'is" like any other. It is only the elected bodies themselves, when they are meeting, that hold any authority. Membership on these administrative bodies is considered a role of service both to God and to the community.

These elected bodies exist at the local, regional, national, and world levels. There are currently 1 world-level body, 183 national ones, and around 18,000 local ones. (Some countries have regional bodies; some don't.)

And we find this system works very well, and believe it may someday serve as a model for the world as a whole. . . .

Best, :)

Bruce

I was going to say for a joke do you expect the UHJ to govern one day. I guess you really do. It's flawed, simply because if you get this governing system in which seems really good actually, but what will become of the army? Unfortunantly people are not ready for that just yet, people will walk all over you and take advantage. Might is right. compeitiveness is just natural on all kinds of different levels.

I was going to say for a joke do you expect the UHJ to govern one day. I guess you really do. It's flawed, simply because if you get this governing system in which seems really good actually, but what will become of the army? Unfortunantly people are not ready for that just yet, people will walk all over you and take advantage. Might is right. compeitiveness is just natural on all kinds of different levels.

Actually the Universal House of Justice has been "governing" since 1963 in that it concerns Baha'i affairs... It is only designed and established for Baha'i issues that are not clearly already established in our Writings and principles already stated by the Guardian Shoghi Effendi and his grandfather Abdul-Baha. Should non-Baha'is wish to consult with the Universal House they may do so and such issues that are related to our principles can be discussed and advisories made.

Our Writings indicate that there will be a political peace or Lesser Peace and that a World Parliament will be established...probably an extension of the United Nations and the International Court of Arbitration that is already established... these institution the World Parliament and the World Court were already urged by Baha'u'llah in the then world leaders around 1868-1870 but they turned them down for the most part... Today, they are building them....

After the world body is established should there be a rogue state that attacks another the other nations in the world federation will deal with it... this is establshed already in our Writings made well over a century ago.

After this we envision the establishment of a world commonwealth and civilization.

- Art

If I may add to what Art said, the Universal House of Justice is already ruling over the world....spiritually. When they pray in body it is for mankind and not just Baha'is. When they give us directions it is for everybody not just Baha'is. There are many people in the world that are influenced by the Writings including directions of the Universal House of Justice. A simple exercise to prove what I just said would be to make a T account with one side being the Principles of Baha'u'llah and on the other side, examples of how these principles are being facilitated by mankind.

You see, Postmaster, we see our spiritual life is more important than our physical life. It is the spiritual life that is being directed today by the Universal House of Justice. You don't even have to believe it. It is just true. I have never seen any harm in somebody praying for me no matter what religion they come from. I need all the prayers I can get, I would think.

We do not claim that the Universal House of Justice will ever rule the world. That is a beauracratic role and how silly it would be for this Great Institution to be bothered with the problems of beauracracy. We see this Great Body as our spiritual guides.

warmly,

Mick

Back