In the beginning was the Logos

Earl,

That site gives the same explanation you gave. I was merely trying to show that, even if a thousand people hold a belief, they are not necessarily right.

They key is the Chinese characters for Kwan Yin ("Sound that can be seen"), which has not been affected by centuries of public opinion.

I especially enjoyed the music, as you said. I have had previous lifetimes as a Buddhist monk (I am neither Buddhist nor a monk in this life) and it brings back memories.

Earl,

That site gives the same explanation you gave. I was merely trying to show that, even if a thousand people hold a belief, they are not necessarily right.

They key is the Chinese characters for Kwan Yin ("Sound that can be seen"), which has not been affected by centuries of public opinion.

I especially enjoyed the music, as you said. I have had previous lifetimes as a Buddhist monk (I am neither Buddhist nor a monk in this life) and it brings back memories.

Perhaps the ancients saw a craft breaking the sound barrier... (Kwan Yin ("Sound that can be seen"), ). It is an awesome sight to behold.

f18.jpg

Jesus Christ deserves honor because he, as the Logos, or Word, is Jehovah’s communicator par excellence. From the Scriptures it is apparent that the designation "the Word" applies to Jesus before he came to earth as well as after he ascended to heaven. (John 1:1; Revelation 19:13) At Revelation 3:14 he speaks of himself as "the beginning of the creation by God." Not only is he "the firstborn of all creation" but as the "only begotten Son" he is the only one who was directly created by Jehovah God. (Colossians 1:15; John 3:16) In addition, "all things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence." (John 1:3) Therefore, when we read at Genesis 1:26 that God said, "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness," that "us" includes the Logos, or Word. Surely, the fact that Jesus in his prehuman existence had the marvelous privilege of sharing with Jehovah God in creation makes him worthy of great honor.

mee...Have you ever considered that all of this excellent language is , underneath it all, a very good story to tell primitive peoples about how RNA and DNA create unique individuals from time to time?

Sometimes individuals are so unique that they end up changing the whole of history... Bhudda, Confucius, Zoroaster, Jesus, Ghandi, Muhammed, Joseph Smith, Desmond Tutu, Martin Luther King.... I for one do not believe that all of these beings and all that they did is an accident that just happened over that time.

To me this is evidence of G-d's spirit at work for the Creation and us, over the millenia.

flow...;)

Sometimes individuals are so unique that they end up changing the whole of history...

flow...;)
yes , and there is only one unique............Jesus , and he is the one that will and has done many things to change the whole of history. because of Jesus ransom sacrifice death will be swallowed up forever.
(1 John 4:9) By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him.
Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing 1 corinthians 15;24 only Jesus can accomplish this, because he has the power from his father Jehovah.

mee...if that is your belief, then so be it, at least for you and those who may believe as you do.

However, my belief is that NO human can do it all as prophesied, but can only accomplish history altering changes for the better for all with the assent and help of others. To me that is the entire point of the NT. I respect your POV and I would expect the same from you.

This is my final comment on this matter since debating bible verse meanings is, in the long run, a quagmire that traps creative thought processes in the mud. And, quoting one small statement out of the entirety of what I wrote accomplishes nothing other than an attempt to sell your viewpoint based upon my post.

flow....:cool:

mee...if that is your belief, then so be it, at least for you and those who may believe as you do.

flow....:cool:
the bible holds out a wonderful hope for the future of the earth ,
and it is very good , and bible prophecy is now well along and things are moving ever forward .Daniel 2;44 and the logos plays a very big part in it .
the "Word," or Logos, Jesus Christ was used extensively by our heavenly Father Jehovah.
The apostle declared that God has purposed to reconcile all things in heaven and on earth to him, doing so through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. (Col. 1:19, 20)
a time factor is mentioned for the appearance and the taking up of power by the heavenly government. If we are conscious of the time factor, then 1 Thessalonians 5:1 most truly applies to us when it says:
"Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers you need nothing to be written to you."
If we truly discern the full import of God’s Word, particularly as we move deeply into "the time of the end," we will not be taken by surprise.

Back