Did God know about the Fall before it happened?

S

Silas

I was speaking to a Jehovah's Witness and the topic of "the fall of mankind" came up. The JWs told me that God choose to not know the outcome of the fall and that he was sort of caught off gaurd. How many people believe that is true? Could God had prevented the fall? If so, why didnt He?

How many people believe that is true? Could God had prevented the fall? If so, why didnt He?
I appreciate a Judaic viewpoint that I believe Dauer previously described. Leave your children in a room saying they can play with all the toys...but whatever you do don't push that red button in the center of the room. Play with anything you want, but whaterver you do don't push that red button in the center of the room.

Nah, G-d would have never expected it. Just like any parent knows their kids, of any age would never push that red button...

god is outside our time, he knows all things from beginning to end.

You see how simple things are when you are born again? We dont need to be mathematicians and calculate the distance from the earth to the sun and do all sorts of equations to know the truth. The truth incarnate himself, reveals truth those those who humble themselves and say something like... "yes God, you're right. I did break your laws. I haved sinned against you. I cant help do it, it is in me to do so. Help me to live for you and inable me to do what you command. Please forgive me sins and keep me for your glory."

Seriously, look how simply that was for you. You're blessed!!

I appreciate a Judaic viewpoint that I believe Dauer previously described. Leave your children in a room saying they can play with all the toys...but whatever you do don't push that red button in the center of the room. Play with anything you want, but whaterver you do don't push that red button in the center of the room.

Nah, G-d would have never expected it. Just like any parent knows their kids, of any age would never push that red button...
I don't know that I would relate it to the OP, but I think a decent example of the red button is in the movie, "Cat in the hat" based on the writings from the theologian Dr Seuss.

Hi, new here. (and I warn you I am not particularly philosophical or theological in nature)

I am posting on this thread as it one of the more interesting parts of scripture that I have some trouble getting my head around.

I think that the scripture is an analogy of how man came to be as we are.. in that we are separate from animals in thinking.

I am curious though. If I should maintain the belief that the creation story is an analogy, what bearing does this have on being a Christian.

Can I be a Christian too.. and believe such?

I tend to see the fall as an analogy of the events that lead up to mankind becoming like God.(s)

Back