How to know when you are saved.

Faithfulservant

Reaction score
How do you know when you are saved by the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as can be read in the New Testament

Are you growing in Christ? Do you seek Him in all things? Do you backslide and return to Him in brokeness?

Is your life changing.. not by your will but by the will of God?

Are your sins being revealed to you?

There are 3 enemies you must deal with..

The old man.. your carnal self that you put off when you are made new in Christ.. your flesh.. the you that you put on the throne.

The world.. who is your master? Who do you worship.. the things of this world.. the pride of this world.. the material things..

Satan.. the power of darkness that hates you and loves to see you suffer. his minions that do his bidding... seeking and searching for ways to destroy you..

Its like going to school.. you start off in kindergarten you learn and grow and graduate when you pass the tests. btw your physical age has nothing to do with your spiritual growth and you will have to keep taking the same tests till you pass them.

Its not easier to be saved you dont suddenly have this wonderful life.. you WILL have tribulation and trials but you will have the comfort of knowing that this is nothing compared to eternity with your Lord. The world will HATE you.. satan will seek your death as he did Job..

Important thing to remember.. Temptation + Action = Sin

We all face temptation but the act is the sin and when that sin is revealed then we repent so that we can continue to go to the Lord without guilt..

Guilt is the #1 thing satan uses to keep us from fellowship with the Lord..

Does anyone have anything biblical to add to this? Im interested in responses from those that believe and adhere to the word of God.

How do you know when you are saved by the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as can be read in the New Testament

Are you growing in Christ? Do you seek Him in all things? Do you backslide and return to Him in brokeness?

Is your life changing.. not by your will but by the will of God?

Are your sins being revealed to you?

There are 3 enemies you must deal with..

The old man.. your carnal self that you put off when you are made new in Christ.. your flesh.. the you that you put on the throne.

The world.. who is your master? Who do you worship.. the things of this world.. the pride of this world.. the material things..

Satan.. the power of darkness that hates you and loves to see you suffer. his minions that do his bidding... seeking and searching for ways to destroy you..

Its like going to school.. you start off in kindergarten you learn and grow and graduate when you pass the tests. btw your physical age has nothing to do with your spiritual growth and you will have to keep taking the same tests till you pass them.

Its not easier to be saved you dont suddenly have this wonderful life.. you WILL have tribulation and trials but you will have the comfort of knowing that this is nothing compared to eternity with your Lord. The world will HATE you.. satan will seek your death as he did Job..

Important thing to remember.. Temptation + Action = Sin

We all face temptation but the act is the sin and when that sin is revealed then we repent so that we can continue to go to the Lord without guilt..

Guilt is the #1 thing satan uses to keep us from fellowship with the Lord..

Does anyone have anything biblical to add to this? Im interested in responses from those that believe and adhere to the word of God.

This is great and true! I have something to add to it from my music page. Check it out: 20 Ways To Tell if you're a Christian - Todd Friel

That explains why you are so hardcore... kirk cameron and ray comfort are pretty hard core and they dont beat around the bush. The folks on this forum expect people to say things without saying it.. saying someone is evil will get you lynched if you havent noticed :)

If kirk camerons tried and true tactics saved you.. then what you are doing will save others because after listening to Way of the Master for a long time you are using the exact same methods..

So it seems that the Lord uses the methods you use..

no false conversions eh? hehe

Every instant I accept His sacrifice, I'm saved.
Every instant I don't, I'm lost.

"Just as I am without one plea..."

That explains why you are so hardcore... kirk cameron and ray comfort are pretty hard core and they dont beat around the bush. The folks on this forum expect people to say things without saying it.. saying someone is evil will get you lynched if you havent noticed :)

If kirk camerons tried and true tactics saved you.. then what you are doing will save others because after listening to Way of the Master for a long time you are using the exact same methods..

So it seems that the Lord uses the methods you use..

no false conversions eh? hehe

lol...Nope. No false converstion here. I still remember the night I heard the gospel online. I was like "oh, so this is what Christanity is about." Grace and light came to me and the gospel finally made sense to me. I was so blind before. I thought all religions were just different roads to God. Crazy, huh?

Back