New Age Christianity

Discussion in 'New Age' started by soma, Feb 23, 2007.

1. MARIE NICKERSON

MARIE NICKERSON PRAYER POET

Nice opening rap, soma!
    Thank you!

2. soma

soma New Member

I agree that we are a soul with a body, but many think they are bodies with a soul. I was writing to those individuals.

3. Thomas

Thomas Super Moderator Staff Member

No, it doesn't. The truth remains for those who seek to conform themselves to it, rather than conform it to themselves. The truth doesn't evolve, it remains truth.

Oh, surely we do? How can intelligible creatures have a soul that is unintelligible to them? God is intelligible. If the soul lets us know nothing, it is not formed in the Divine image and likeness (Genesis 1:26-27)

Indeed we are.

We don't read 'to be' to mean 'to have', as you suppose. The verbs imply two different things altogether, they are not synonymous.

How can we say we do not know we are? The idea of the soul expresses the very fact of our existence. We may not know all we are, or all that we might be ... but we know, even if only in part.

God bless

Thomas

4. Roger Buck

Roger Buck New Member

I find myself wondering where, if anywhere, the essence of this would fit into any of the above?

For Steiner … the incarnation of [Christ’s] Being (His birth, death, descent into the Earth, resurrection and ascension) is more than the redemptive turning point in humanity’s relationship to God.

Enormous though that is and hardly to be conceived of, the meaning of Christ’s passage through our human Earth is greater still, and marks a watershed not just in the life of human beings and the earth, but also in the life of the [Angels] and – dare one say it? – even in the Divine Life itself …

Christ’s deed continues to transform human nature and the cosmos, as it were, turning these inside -out – so that for human beings today the once transcendent God is no longer beyond, but within a non-exteriorised divine-human interaction, more intimate than our jugular vein.

- Christopher Bamford on Rudolf Steiner

5. soma

soma New Member

The act is only important if people take it to heart, change, love and grow otherwise it is just a story.