New Age Christianity

It does not matter how much has Christianity evolved into the New Age. We do not have a soul to let us know anything. We are living souls, according to Genesis 2:7, where we read that, when God formed man from the dust of the earth, He breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. "Became" means to be and not to have. If you speak of the soul as some thing that lets us know what we must, you are making of the soul some thing we have and not some thing we are.
Ben

I agree that we are a soul with a body, but many think they are bodies with a soul. I was writing to those individuals.

It does not matter how much has Christianity evolved into the New Age.
No, it doesn't. The truth remains for those who seek to conform themselves to it, rather than conform it to themselves. The truth doesn't evolve, it remains truth.

We do not have a soul to let us know anything.
Oh, surely we do? How can intelligible creatures have a soul that is unintelligible to them? God is intelligible. If the soul lets us know nothing, it is not formed in the Divine image and likeness (Genesis 1:26-27)

We are living souls, according to Genesis 2:7...
Indeed we are.

breath of life and man became a living soul. "Became" means to be and not to have. If you speak of the soul as some thing that lets us know what we must, you are making of the soul some thing we have and not some thing we are.
We don't read 'to be' to mean 'to have', as you suppose. The verbs imply two different things altogether, they are not synonymous.

How can we say we do not know we are? The idea of the soul expresses the very fact of our existence. We may not know all we are, or all that we might be ... but we know, even if only in part.

God bless

Thomas

I find myself wondering where, if anywhere, the essence of this would fit into any of the above?

For Steiner … the incarnation of [Christ’s] Being (His birth, death, descent into the Earth, resurrection and ascension) is more than the redemptive turning point in humanity’s relationship to God.

Enormous though that is and hardly to be conceived of, the meaning of Christ’s passage through our human Earth is greater still, and marks a watershed not just in the life of human beings and the earth, but also in the life of the [Angels] and – dare one say it? – even in the Divine Life itself …

Christ’s deed continues to transform human nature and the cosmos, as it were, turning these inside -out – so that for human beings today the once transcendent God is no longer beyond, but within a non-exteriorised divine-human interaction, more intimate than our jugular vein.

- Christopher Bamford on Rudolf Steiner

The act is only important if people take it to heart, change, love and grow otherwise it is just a story.

Back