New Age Christianity

soma

Reaction score
The degree of our conscious awareness of Christ is not measured with the time we put into reading the bible or going to church, but the degree of our awareness of God’s omnipresence. If God is everywhere then we have no place to flee because we are constantly in His presence and receiving His grace. If we are not aware of God’s presence then all the spiritual knowledge we accumulated will be of no benefit. We can have a million dollars, but we will not benefit unless we are aware of it. The mere statements that God is everywhere, that God is one have no value, if we are not spiritually aware of the fact. We have missed the mark, if we hold the Bible up to protect us and do not dwell in the consciousness of God knowing that our Lord is the living Power otherwise God’s Presence can’t protect us. God will protect us, if we allow Him to enter our lives through our consciousness because God is all there is. We just need humility and a willingness to let our minds play freely so knowledge can speak to our human condition and challenge us to move beyond it. Our knowledge and understanding of the unity of all things replaces our fear, promising healthier emotional development because fear is a negative feeling of separateness, a false isolation that exists only in the mind. When we become interested in knowing our way, our soul lets us know that there is no universal way to perfection, but that each person must find his own path to open his consciousness to truth and find his or her own unique connection to God. It comes when one is silent and not voicing truth at all, but listening to the small voice within the infinity of our own being, which is pure consciousness. We just need to lift ourselves to a state of consciousness where we can be receptive to spiritual truth.

Christian Mystic

What does this have to do with Christ? I don't disagree with anything in the quote, but what's the connection?

Chris

The connection to Christ is the path that I have chosen. I feel Christ Consciousness has guided me as well as Buddha, Krshna, Shiva and others. I see the Christian path as all inclusive, but many want to make it exclusive so many are excluded from our family. I use Christian terms to show Christians that it is Okay to love, expand and be open to everything around them and not cower in the corner afraid of the Devil, which others instill in them. The fear is only so they can be manipulated. True Christian have nothing to fear.

Last edited:
Hi Soma -

All very well, but without scripture .... we wouldn't know anything at all, would we?

Thomas

The degree of our conscious awareness of Christ is not measured with the time we put into reading the bible or going to church, but the degree of our awareness of God’s omnipresence. If God is everywhere then we have no place to flee because we are constantly in His presence and receiving His grace. If we are not aware of God’s presence then all the spiritual knowledge we accumulated will be of no benefit. We can have a million dollars, but we will not benefit unless we are aware of it. The mere statements that God is everywhere, that God is one have no value, if we are not spiritually aware of the fact. We have missed the mark, if we hold the Bible up to protect us and do not dwell in the consciousness of God knowing that our Lord is the living Power otherwise God’s Presence can’t protect us. God will protect us, if we allow Him to enter our lives through our consciousness because God is all there is. We just need humility and a willingness to let our minds play freely so knowledge can speak to our human condition and challenge us to move beyond it. Our knowledge and understanding of the unity of all things replaces our fear, promising healthier emotional development because fear is a negative feeling of separateness, a false isolation that exists only in the mind. When we become interested in knowing our way, our soul lets us know that there is no universal way to perfection, but that each person must find his own path to open his consciousness to truth and find his or her own unique connection to God. It comes when one is silent and not voicing truth at all, but listening to the small voice within the infinity of our own being, which is pure consciousness. We just need to lift ourselves to a state of consciousness where we can be receptive to spiritual truth.

Christian Mystic

Soma,

This is beautiful.

And everything to do with everything. It speaks of the now and aliveness of the Spirit by whatever name............

And many are there people of wisdom and love who read no scriptures yet live in the light of pure consciousness of the freedom to be of the Spirit.

Love peace and light.

- c -

Sorry I posted twice. Thank God for people who are crossed eyed for they see two Gods showing us that there is duality in One God.

Last edited:
Having put away the ego, which only sees multiplicity and division one sees the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost as one unit. The son denotes that which is born of pure consciousness, where the spring of the Holy Ghost shows the love of the Father. Unsophisticated people, not aware of pure consciousness separate, divide and judge others with what they hear or read in the Scriptures. They don’t understand the words of unity in the Scriptures because they are not moved by pure consciousness whereas the people who wrote the Scriptures were in contact with Christ consciousness. The tragedy is that not all people are creative and constructive thinkers and can see the unity of the whole. These people need to engage their minds in intellectual and rigorous practice to break the boundaries between their minds and other dualities. This differentiation is within ourselves so we need to understand our own unit consciousness to be able to see Christ consciousness expressing to us One Power, One Principle, One Cause and One Source of Love. By visualizing Christ during while reading the scriptures is one way to experience the non-dual through the images of the dual. We can’t change love, but must understand and bring ourselves into harmony with it to let pure consciousness work with us, through us and for our spiritual growth.

Hi Soma -

All very well, but without scripture .... we wouldn't know anything at all, would we?

Thomas

Well, the scripture tells us that the word of God is written on our hearts, so we are without excuse. It also tells us that we do not need a person to teach us, and that the Holy Spirit will reveal all things...

I like your descriptions on now, alive, scripture written on the heart. I also think God is within each one of us so the first step is to open our consciousness to the unity of His spiritual consciousness because God reveals Himself in the condition of love, which is a kind of spiritual and physical unity.
Thanks Soma

Hi Traveler, and welcome —

Well, the scripture tells us that the word of God is written on our hearts, so we are without excuse. It also tells us that we do not need a person to teach us, and that the Holy Spirit will reveal all things...

Ah, but context is everything ... and that has always been the case ... — "And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not" (John 1:5).

There is no doubting the Trinity, and their actus, the problem is in man, especially when he thinks he knows what's best for himself ... seeking to be by his own light.

Thomas

"The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness." (Luke 11:34)

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." (Matthew 6:22)

Hi Traveler, and welcome —

Ah, but context is everything ... and that has always been the case ... — "And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not" (John 1:5).

There is no doubting the Trinity, and their actus, the problem is in man, especially when he thinks he knows what's best for himself ... seeking to be by his own light.

Thomas

Isn't the light the very inspiration it's self of The Spirit, that man should seek in illumination of his own being. If he knows it or not.

- c -

Isn't the light the very inspiration it's self of The Spirit, that man should seek in illumination of his own being. If he knows it or not.

Indeed it is, and that path we might call 'natural theology', assuming that a God is the end in view. Here we branch into self-power/other power discussions...

In a Christian context, which is a 'supernatural theology', the self is a 'subsistent being' so is not the source of its light, but rather a vessel of the Light ...

If man seeks himself, he finds himself ... If man seeks the Source, he find he transcends himself ... one cannot transcend self in the seeking of self, but only in seeking the Transcendent ...

The detachment of and from the self involves a real metanoia, and is a real challenge facing us today, in which the primacy of the self has been instilled as a given, leading to 'the cult of self' that cannot escape the temptation of putting the self centre stage in its spiritual aspirations.

Christianity is an 'other power' Way.

Thomas

Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. We communicate in very different terms, yet somehow I can't but feel it is the same principle, woven through the tangent of the mind.
In simple terms, I see all men as equal, being The Spirit is a free agent able to filter in whatever degree to touch and exalt man. But if man is not in a state of relaxed internal capacity in touch with his own sense of self, and instead strung out in a world of this way, that way,what way......then no way.
Perhaps you saw the news clip recently of the priest standing on Reading railway station giving away egg timers. He was asking people to hold and turn the egg timer and stand still in themselves for three minits.......agreed not easy when there's a train arriving on the platform.... and then once on the train there's always the ringing of the mobile phone and there's always the.............but it comes down to just switching off a while from all exterior source to reconnect to the timeless place of peace, and this being the place where self resides and The Spirit welcome.

:)Knowing, feeling you are not in need of an egg timer, but an interesting illustration, all the same, imagine .........instead of Big Ben, on the hour.

- c -

We communicate in very different terms, yet somehow I can't but feel it is the same principle, woven through the tangent of the mind.
I agree. The terms themselves are different, but perhaps the understanding is more one of nuance...

In simple terms, I see all men as equal, being The Spirit is a free agent able to filter in whatever degree to touch and exalt man. But if man is not in a state of relaxed internal capacity in touch with his own sense of self, and instead strung out in a world of this way, that way,what way......then no way.
I agree. From my perspective, a few questions would arise ... does that sense of self include or allow a sense of God? Not being facetious, but rather acknowledging the fact that, looking at our history, it is possible to define the self without any recourse to other-than-self ... so we might say that a sense of self does not necessarily imply a sense of God ...

... and again, looking at human history, man has a tendency to put his sense of self first, and thereby cut himself off from the Good.

But certainly, the quest for 'the peace that surpasseth all understanding' is an interior one, and invariably involves some degree of self-denial ... of ascesis.

Perhaps you saw the news clip recently of the priest standing on Reading railway station giving away egg timers... He was asking people to hold and turn the egg timer and stand still in themselves for three minits.......agreed not easy when there's a train arriving on the platform.... and then once on the train there's always the ringing of the mobile phone and there's always the...
The Bishop of Reading. Yes, I heard him on the news. Good man.

but it comes down to just switching off a while from all exterior source to reconnect to the timeless place of peace, and this being the place where self resides and The Spirit welcome.

Now here's a curio: I would say that when you arrive at that place, the Spirit is waiting, smiling, as it were ... but I would not say that by doing your bit, it causes the Spirit to be there...

I must go, but would like to pursue our common ground further ...

Thomas

I must go, but would like to pursue our common ground further ...

Thomas

As Shakespear might say - Me thinks already this mind play maze hath run it's course, this be the difference, for difference be not to wind in and out, but transcend into the ascendent.

Thomas thank you......:)

- c -

Ciel - Nice story about the bishop and the egg timers.

Thomas wrote
does that sense of self include or allow a sense of God?

I think that there can be an impression that to look inside, look for the self, is a denial of a God, but from my belief/sense, the light inside is connected to the greater light source. By stepping back and being quiet in the world that you can gather the strength to be in the world, and try to be a better person. It can be so stressful and chaotic out there, that something constant is needed.

This would be no doubting for you, Thomas....not no doubting for the majority of the world that disagrees with you....they doubt.

Back