Interfaith???

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Just took this off a topic where it was off topic, anyone's thoughts are welcomed... Looking in the bible and other group of christianity's beliefs what would you say about dwelling with people that are non christian, taking in account these parts of the bible..... Also if this has been done before, apologies and you can send jesus to give me a spanking.

2 Cor 6:14 Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be´li·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’”

2 Cor 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

Gal 5:9 A little leaven ferments the whole lump.

Deut 7:
1 “When Jehovah your God at last brings you into the land to which you are going so as to take possession of it, he must also clear away populous nations from before you, the Hit´tites and the Gir´ga·shites and the Am´or·ites and the Ca´naan·ites and the Per´iz·zites and the Hi´vites and the Jeb´u·sites, seven nations more populous and mighty than you are. 2 And Jehovah your God will certainly abandon them to you, and you must defeat them. You should without fail devote them to destruction. You must conclude no covenant with them nor show them any favor. 3 And you must form no marriage alliance with them. Your daughter you must not give to his son, and his daughter you must not take for your son. 4 For he will turn your son from following me, and they will certainly serve other gods; and Jehovah’s anger will indeed blaze against YOU, and he will certainly annihilate you in a hurry.
5 “On the other hand, this is what YOU should do to them: Their altars YOU should pull down, and their sacred pillars YOU should break down, and their sacred poles YOU should cut down, and their graven images YOU should burn with fire.

Paul was building a church...and trying to shore up what he started behind him...he wasn't much on intefaith, his mission was conversions.

The old testament is as full of parables as the new. The Judaic names had other meanings and were based on traits..When we are headed from Egypt where our bodies and spirit are enslaved, we cross the Jordan - a space in our consciousnes for enlightenment and cleansing and enter the land of milk and honey provisions and supply of G-d. But in order to do this we must cleanse our land/mind of negative material, earthly based thoughts. Some meanings are: Canaanite -one who exists for material things; Hittie means dismay, the attitude of opposition and resistance; Amorite - sex on the carnal level; Perizzite - a dweller in the country, one living a rudimentary life, earthy; Havite - carnal or animalistic; and Jebusite - profaned, sensual, carnal thought.

The offspring of each is more thought along the lines of parents...so we don't want our thoughts (sons/daughters) to mingle with their thoughts (sons/daughters) as they will adulterate, dilute (thou shalt not commit adultery) our thoughts and keep us from focusing on our goals of all that is spirit.

So pull down that alter, those pillars in your mind that hold you to your old ways, and work toward building the new you...

Angel, to me (and of course, everyone will not agree with me, and I am not going to push my view here), the OT passages were written to the Hebrews, and as usual, there are most likely some things lost in translation. I am not saying there is no significance whatsoever for Christians, but it necessarily involves some interpretive action on our part. That's just my opinion, and I can't really go into it here because (1) it might be inappropriate, and (2) I am not Jewish.

Not much help here from me, perhaps, but just a penny's worth of my own thought on the matter.

InPeace,
InLove

... I am not going to push my view here), the OT passages were written to the Hebrews, and as usual, there are most likely some things lost in translation. ..
To clarify...I believe there are many levels of undestanding of most scripture...some say seven, which makes me think it is probably seventy times seven...which isn't really a number but an indication that there are more meanings than we can ever completely comprehend...

And then it depends on where you are in your life, and your current understandings and predicaments that influences what one reads in any segment. As discussed before...when it starts to look vengeful to me...I start to look for deeper meanings...meanings...

My life is a parable.

wil--

I understand what you are saying, and I agree on several levels (or layers :)). Just wanted you to know that my comments were not directed at you--I think we were posting at the same time.

Gotta get off here for the morning--corn shucks are soaking....:)

InPeace,
InLove

Back