AI... Artificial Intelligence

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
AI... Artificial Intelligence
But -- has there been mental activity?

The newborn "Blue Brain" surprised the designers with its willfulness from the very first day. It had hardly been fed electrical impulses before strange patterns began to appear on the screen with the lightning-like flashes produced by cells that scientists recognize from actual thought processes. Groups of neurons started becoming attuned to one another until they were firing in rhythm. "It happened entirely on its own," says Markram. "Spontaneously."
Print - Neurotechnology: Growing a Brain in Switzerland - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News

HOly Crap.

I haven't read the whole article yet, but this is messed up. I mean in a way it is exciting, but I don't like the fact that this artificial brain project is the direct result of the satanic sacrifice of thousands of rats. It is! They opened up their skulls and sucked out their brains in the name of science! Talk about stoking the fires of hell. And I say this as someone who has little problem with Anton LaVey and Aleister Crowley (and Ozzy Osbourne--why not?)--but these crazy scientists---this time, they have gone tooooo FAR!!!! :mad: :mad: :( :D :p

Back