God made coats of skin for Adam and Eve

In re the OP:

Where is the transliteration? Hebrew please. Include the Greek rendering too please.
Dondi has not, apparently, been on the forum for 6 1/2 years. You might not get a response.

As for a transliteration of the Hebrew - Vaya'as Adonai Y-H-W-H le-Adam ule-ishto kotnot or vayalbishem.

no no no Lucifer is not that Cherub, Hebrew people say in myth he is name is Samael and cherub but he is not the cherub at Eden. The devil like the bible says is A lion that is moving taunting people and all sin. The Cherub cannot move or leave the gates of Eden and remember Eden is in heaven for the lord carried Eden to heaven before the flood so it will not be destroyed.

What do you think of the idea that instead of God providing animal skins in this passage, that God was actually giving Adam and Eve the clothes of corrupted flesh?
This is what I believe.

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that God 'killed an animal'. That is something completely made up. I have my suspicions as to why.

Anyhow, here is another Witness as to what the 'Skins' were...

Job 10:11
"Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews."

Job makes it obvious.

I have heard Rabbis agree with the OP, so I know I am not alone.

How about flesh period? That Adam and Eve were not as we are? That it wasn't till the fall that they became as we know humans? I mean if it all ain't metaphor...
Yes. This is what I beleive.

Adam and his Wife were not 'physical' in the way we are today.

I believe the Garden of Eden, as well as the Universe, existed in a special state of Matter.

A Quantum Physicist might call it the Wave Function before the collapse into Particles. Some may call it a 'Spiritual' realm. Whatever it was, it was definitely different.

Reactions: RJM
When the glorious simulacrums (Light bodies) of Adam and his sister wife Eve, had been driven out of paradise, they were clothed with animal skin, flesh, muscles and nerves etc, and returned to the lower place from which they had been created.

From ‘The dictionary of all Scripture and Myths.’ The Kabbala describes four Adams, the two highest of which are celestial and spiritual.

The third Adam is the terrestrial Adam, made of ‘dust,’ and placed in the Garden of Eden. This Adam was an androgene . . . . . It had, when first created a glorious simulacrum, or light body, and answers to the Yetzeeratic World, ---- Ibid., p. 418.

The fourth Adam was the Third Adam as he was after the fall, when he was clothed with animal skin, flesh and nerves, etc. This answers to the lower Nephesh and Guff, i.e. body, united. He has the power of reproduction and continuance of species, and also answers to the Aseeyatic world, but in him is some of the light of all the preceding (Adams) ----- ibid., p. 418.

Last edited:
Its interesting to see my comments from so long ago. I still hold to it being the first sacrifice. The result of sin is death. We are such a simple creation in spite of our hubris. Did God have to simplify for us the seriousness of the disobedience? I think about my own children and the punishments had to fit the crime. Think about how the two felt as they must have loved all the animals and gave them their names. How they must have cared for them as we care for our pets. That would have been the first time they experienced death. That tells me how serious the crime was.

Its interesting to see my comments from so long ago. I still hold to it being the first sacrifice. The result of sin is death. We are such a simple creation in spite of our hubris. Did God have to simplify for us the seriousness of the disobedience? I think about my own children and the punishments had to fit the crime. Think about how the two felt as they must have loved all the animals and gave them their names. How they must have cared for them as we care for our pets. That would have been the first time they experienced death. That tells me how serious the crime was.

As long as you live and all who are of the seed of Adam live, then Adam lives. If you plant a seed in your garden only to find out later on that you had planted a noxious and invasive weed, the only way you can destroy that life that you had planted, is to kill every plant that has spouted from its seed.

Back