Signs of Life

InLove

at peace
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I post this somewhere every year....;) I spend lots of time in pine country, and I find the accounts to be true.

PineTreeCrosses

InPeace,
InLove

I'm pretty sure I post this somewhere every year....;) I spend lots of time in pine country, and I find the accounts to be true.

PineTreeCrosses

InPeace,
InLove

InLove...Thanks, I had not ever heard of that before, and it is wondrous. It just is the kind of thing that demonstrates just how much we have allowed ourselves to be separated from nature these days, especially in urban areas.

flow....:)

PineTreeCrosses

InPeace,
InLove
Nature is amazing and wonderful, that's why I'm feeling so drawn to Paganism at the moment...
Does that mean Thomas, Q, Silas etal will be cutting down those wonderful pine trees to burn this heratic?:)

You do post it every year...enough so that I look for the new growth in the pines to see the little crosses as they take off...

They don't last long...the 'cross beam' grows and greens and reaches toward the sun creating new branches...and they are gone again until next year, with three more creating from each one...

Hi pfw –

Does that mean Thomas, Q, Silas etal will be cutting down those wonderful pine trees to burn this heretic?

Good Lord, No! That would be an act of desecration ...

"Illumination, or 'natural theology' as Eastern Fathers call it, is the perception of the logoi or inner essences of created things. By this is meant that each thing, a rock, tree, animal or person, is not just its outer physical observable nature, but is also its invisible, mystical name or word by which God created, sustains and directs it towards its fulfilment."
The Sacred in Art and Architecture, by Aidan Hart.

Thomas

Hi Thomas.... Hmmmmm, sounds a lot like the belief systems that our Native North American brothers and sisters devised back in the day. Different words, same principle. A single source of Creation with many, many manifestations. The Great Spirit.

I trust that the Easter season brought many blessings for you and yours my brother.

Our yard is full of pine trees, but our crosses are a bit later here as Spring comes slower. That's OK...I enjoy it whenever it comes. :)

Happy Easter everyone!

Our yard is full of cat poo since the wife's been digging again. Find in bloomin' hard to settle to the logoi of that! Perhaps if I could figure out its 'name' I could magic it away?

I'm trying various permutations of cat names and poo names on the cats ... if I get lucky, I'll let you know, but I have to say my daughters are frowning at me now ...

Hey Flow, many little miracles, thank you ... well a couple, anyway. At least I got a cuddle off my 16 year old daughter without having to fight for it. Never a problem with my 21-year-olds ... they treat me like the other family pets as it is.

And blessings your way ...

Thomas

Our yard is full of cat poo since the wife's been digging again. Find in bloomin' hard to settle to the logoi of that! Perhaps if I could figure out its 'name' I could magic it away?

I'm trying various permutations of cat names and poo names on the cats ... if I get lucky, I'll let you know, but I have to say my daughters are frowning at me now ...

Hey Flow, many little miracles, thank you ... well a couple, anyway. At least I got a cuddle off my 16 year old daughter without having to fight for it. Never a problem with my 21-year-olds ... they treat me like the other family pets as it is.

And blessings your way ...

Thomas

Maybe you need to get a dog...'course we have a dog so our yard is full of dog poo until I go out with my little shovel. This year the neighbor behind us fed the deer to help them through the winter. So the deer cut through our yard to get to the feed and this spring we have trails of deer poo along with the dog poo. No cats though...the coyotes take care of them. :(

Maybe you need to get a dog...'

I do! I do! And it's got to be an Irish Wolfhound. Two, in fact. Liam Clancy and Mrs McKenna. Now if you can convince the rest of my family, you can have the first litter to sort your deer problem.

... Hey, I never knew deer could use wire cutters! Or is that an adaptation of their antlers?

(Angry deer shouts, "Hey, dumb**s! You'd better believe it, we can open tin cans and beer bottles, too!")

Jeez, you've got some 'ornery critters' out there, Lunamoth ...

Thomas:

The great thing about two Irish wolfhounds, of course, would be that you could locate an old goat cart and harness 'em up to take you to the market and such. You might even be able to haul home improvement products and appliances for yourself or for hire

Of course that would mean more feeding and, of necessity, more poo. 'Ya know, in one end and out the other. All good things have their particular costs.

I do! I do! And it's got to be an Irish Wolfhound. Two, in fact. Liam Clancy and Mrs McKenna. Now if you can convince the rest of my family, you can have the first litter to sort your deer problem.

... Hey, I never knew deer could use wire cutters! Or is that an adaptation of their antlers?

(Angry deer shouts, "Hey, dumb**s! You'd better believe it, we can open tin cans and beer bottles, too!")

Jeez, you've got some 'ornery critters' out there, Lunamoth ...

Rofl!

So you long for a pair of Irish wolfies?! I can see who wears the pants in your family...same as in ours. <joking with you Thomas...you know I always picture you with manly leather pants and on a motorcycle...oops did I say that out loud? :eek: >

The deer laugh at our little wooden fence with its flimsy wire. They hop over it as if it were not there. So brazen; they intimidate our 14-year-old black lab. Once I actually saw a young doe chase him in his own yard! Talk about humiliating. 'course, this is a dog who is afraid of cats. When he was younger I found him one day cornered in our house by our neighbor's cat. It was sad...he was so scared and the cat was little more than a kitten, just a year old.

Anyway, I'm the one out there with the shovel as soon as the snow melts, so you can tell my position in the family.

You're right wil.

Apologies to InLove if we've messed up her nice thread with talk of these other signs of spring.

But you know...poo happens... (sorry I couldn't resist i'll go now)

You guys are crazy, you know it?

(You know, orange peels might keep the critters out of the garden, but then sometimes I prefer the poo to the ants, if they are those little bitty red ones. The downside of this is that now I have a cat that feels she must come inside to answer that particular call of nature! I'm investing in one of those fancy mechanical litter boxes, though. Sigh--she gets very unhappy when I move her bathroom out of J.H.'s studio when fellow musicians come to visit.)

Signs of life indeed....:D

InPeace,
InLove

Hi pfw –

Does that mean Thomas, Q, Silas etal will be cutting down those wonderful pine trees to burn this heretic?

Good Lord, No! That would be an act of desecration ...

"Illumination, or 'natural theology' as Eastern Fathers call it, is the perception of the logoi or inner essences of created things. By this is meant that each thing, a rock, tree, animal or person, is not just its outer physical observable nature, but is also its invisible, mystical name or word by which God created, sustains and directs it towards its fulfilment."
The Sacred in Art and Architecture, by Aidan Hart.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Long time no see.

As you can see I'm still also exploring my Christianity and, one day, I'll find my path.

Phil

Actualy, I'm reminded of a quote from the tv series 'Joan Of Aecadia';

Joah; 'So, your God are you?@

God; 'Yes'

Joan; 'Ok, prove it, perform a mirical'

God; 'I already have' (points to a tree in the park)

Joan; 'Oh, that's just a tree'

God; 'Fine, you make one...'

Hey, pfw –

Long time.

A word from an old samurai ... "Pen and sword, in accord."

Or, as Dorothy discovered, heart and mind together, that's the way to go.

Thomas
(Look! That's me waving, over here.)

Back