Reply/view counters

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
It appears the view counters are one more than the reply counters...

Whilst I know nothing about the programming of these things, I'd say the whatever populates the view counter is actually pointing at the total post counter which in any thread would be one more than the replies..

I'm guessing some box was clicked amiss in the last incarnation of changes.

Of course since I don't know what I'm talking about I'm probably wrong.

And as it probably bothers no one else as I is the anal one...

oh whatever...

It appears the view counters are one more than the reply counters...

Whilst I know nothing about the programming of these things, I'd say the whatever populates the view counter is actually pointing at the total post counter which in any thread would be one more than the replies..

Of course since I don't know what I'm talking about I'm probably wrong.

And as it probably bothers no one else as I is the anal one...

oh whatever...

Nah, I've been pulling my hair out over it for weeks, trying to figure out how many people have viewed the threads I start and tally my popularity around here. Or infamy. Whatever.

I am only half joking. Maybe three-quarters. :D

In Solidarity,
Pathless :p

Now that's really interesting - taking a look, it appears the viewing stats basically plummet around January. Not sure if that's something I need to be concerned about. Hm...

Now that's really interesting - taking a look, it appears the viewing stats basically plummet around January. Not sure if that's something I need to be concerned about. Hm...
Nah, I've been pulling my hair out over it for weeks, trying to figure out how many people have viewed the threads I start and tally my popularity around here. Or infamy. Whatever.
Popularity...lol

I used to at one time look at them and try to read something about the threads...ie a lot of them resided around a 10-1 view to post ratio, I was trying to ascertain what that meant... And then I forgot about it...then I noticed this one more thing...and said WOW now that is a popular thread!! Everyone who reads it posts...then I was confused...and forgot about it again.

Till I just started noticing what seems to be most of the threads have this issue...

Just trying to make sure a loose thread doesn't unravel anything...
(he says as the clown runs in circles trying to get his suspender)

Back