Seven Wonders of Illinois

9Harmony

goin' with the flow...
Reaction score
Just announced today....

The Baha'i House of Worship in Wilmette was selected as one of the Seven Wonders of Illinois.
bravo.gif

http://www.enjoyillinois.com/sevenwonders/index.html

rose2.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
hbeat.gif
rose2.gif

What a wonderful Ridvan gift!
appl2.gif

Seven wonders... Hmmm. Compared to the REAL seven wonders, they aren't that much really... ;\
Now would you be refering to which REAL seven wonders...the natural wonders of the world or the man made...(of which most are gone) or which of the other many Seven wonders?

Now we must realize that in regards to wonders both manmade and natural as they are in this seven wonder scenario as voted by the citizens of this state...we look at two constraints...size, and age...afterall as far as man making anything we are only talking about the last couple hundred years..

So your neck of the woods has some distinct advantages in coastline and the time man was building things...so comparably what would you say the citizens of southern England (similar square miles) would pick for their seven wonders? Sticking to avoiding the coastline as Illinois can't compare there, and only man made things less than 200 years old...

You've already got the leg up, with that Chunnel...but what else would you put on the list? Oh by the way, we are currently planning the one from Alaska to Russia...so in about 30 years you can expect your little marvel to be knocked right off that list.

As things go...while I know Bahai have their own religion, any temple that welcomes, encourages, honors followers of 9 other religions in my book is alright.

I was awed by the voice over commentary of the video. I am pleased, proud, happy, elated that not only was the Baha'i House of Worship chosen as one of the Seventh Wonders of Illinois, but that they also chose to highlight the wonderful world changing principles that Baha'u'llah introduced to the world and are so lovingly taught by the Friends.

Mick

Back