On J.Krishnamurthy....

N

niranjan

J.Krishnamurthy

"...I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised... The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth...
Then you will naturally ask me why I go the world over, continually speaking. I will tell you for what reason I do this... As an artist paints a picture because he takes delight in that painting, because it is his self-expression, his glory, his well being, so I do this not because I want anything from anyone...
You are depending for your spirituality on someone else, for your happiness on someone else, for your enlightenment on someone else.... No man from outside can make you free..... No one holds the Key to the Kingdom of Happiness. No one has the authority to hold that key. That key is your own self, and in the development and the purification and in the incorruptibility of that self alone is the Kingdom of Eternity..." Jiddu Krishnamurthy speaking on 3 August 1929 announcing the dissolution of the Order of the Star, Ommen Camp

J. Krishnamurthy was the Indian enlightened master after the prophet Vivekananda, who talked about the need to be detached from organised religion, and to follow ones own insights and intuitions and find truth for oneself, as it is oneself only

Text of Talk by Jiddu Krishnamurthy announcing the dissolution of the Order of the Star, 1929

J.Krishnamurthy

"...I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised... The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth...
Then you will naturally ask me why I go the world over, continually speaking. I will tell you for what reason I do this... As an artist paints a picture because he takes delight in that painting, because it is his self-expression, his glory, his well being, so I do this not because I want anything from anyone...
You are depending for your spirituality on someone else, for your happiness on someone else, for your enlightenment on someone else.... No man from outside can make you free..... No one holds the Key to the Kingdom of Happiness. No one has the authority to hold that key. That key is your own self, and in the development and the purification and in the incorruptibility of that self alone is the Kingdom of Eternity..." Jiddu Krishnamurthy speaking on 3 August 1929 announcing the dissolution of the Order of the Star, Ommen Camp

J. Krishnamurthy was the Indian enlightened master after the prophet Vivekananda, who talked about the need to be detached from organised religion, and to follow ones own insights and intuitions and find truth for oneself, as it is oneself only

Text of Talk by Jiddu Krishnamurthy announcing the dissolution of the Order of the Star, 1929

I submit that his "enlightenment" could use some work. Anarchy never kept a community together...and we can't live alone.

just a thought

v/r

Joshua

I submit that his "enlightenment" could use some work. Anarchy never kept a community together...and we can't live alone.

just a thought

v/r

Joshua

And what work does his enlightenment need. He has never spoken of anarchy. Only of following the truth only and not any organisation or organised religion.

Indeed there is an uncanny similarity between Krishnamurthy and his ancestor , the Buddha.

Like Siddhartha who renounced his throne in the search for wisdom and enlightenment, Krishnamurthy renounced the throne which the theosophical movement had prepared for him as the world teacher, as mentioned in my first post.

Like the Buddha, Krishnamurthy too emphasized self-reliance and not accepting anything blindly.

In answer to a question, Ramana Maharshi himself told that like the Buddha, Krishnamurti’s teachings were ‘beyond expression.’

Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist.

--Ralph waldo Emerson.

If you want to be religious, enter not the gate of any organised religion. They do a hundred times more evil than good, because they stop the growth of each one's individual development.... Religion is only between you and your God, and no third person must come between you. Think what these organised religions have done! What Napoleon was more terrible than those religious persecutions? If you and I organise, we begin to hate every person . It is better not to love, if loving only means hating others. That is no love. That is hell! If loving your own people means hating everybody else, it is the quintessence of selfishness and brutality, and the effect is that it will make you brutes.

---Swami Vivekananda

J.Krishnamurthy

What he will lack then is Faith and Faithfulness... that too is a 'KEY', and it is by definition not a solo adventure. Sorry, I submit the guy is wrong.

What he will lack then is Faith and Faithfulness... that too is a 'KEY', and it is by definition not a solo adventure. Sorry, I submit the guy is wrong.

And how on earth will he lack faith , when he is emphasizing faith in oneself and ones intrinsic ability to find the truth, .

He is an atheist who does not believe in himself. The old religions said that he was an atheist who did not believe in God. The new religion says that he is an atheist who does not believe in himself.

---Swami Vivekananda

Throughout the history of mankind, if any motive power has been more potent than another in the lives of all great men and women, it is that of faith in themselves. Born with the consciousness that they were to be great, they became great.
---Swami Vivekananda

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised... The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth...

I absolutely agree. Well sort of. Truth is not the capstone of any systematic, hierarchical approach. But fellowship among seekers and the sharing of ideas is necessary. How would Krishnamurti have become aware of the nature of truth without the exercise of considering that which he later rejected? You have to have some kind of Buddha before you can kill him. Language is systematic. Without language Krishnamurti can't communicate the truth that truth can't be systematized. See the paradox?

I absolutely agree. Well sort of. Truth is not the capstone of any systematic, hierarchical approach. But fellowship among seekers and the sharing of ideas is necessary.

There definetely is no problem in that. What becomes a problem is when you surrender your independence of mind to those who teach you and blindly accept everything.

Vashista,Buddha and Vivekananda too emphasized the need to question everything and not accept anything blindly.

You have to have some kind of Buddha before you can kill him. .

And what do you mean by this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Language is systematic. Without language Krishnamurti can't communicate the truth that truth can't be systematized. See the paradox?

Please understand what he said. He says that one ought to be detached from every organisation, sect or religion without blindly following them, and find out the truth for yourself, which is within you itself.

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself."

--Andre Gide

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT SHINES BEYOND ALL THINGS ON EARTH, BEYOND THE HIGHEST, THE VERY HIGHEST HEAVENS. THIS IS THE LIGHT THAT SHINES IN YOUR HEART.

CHANDOGYA UPANISHAD

All this emphasis on self-belief and the "evils" of organised religion suddenly gives Krishnamurti something of a Lucifarian twist!

All this emphasis on self-belief and the "evils" of organised religion suddenly gives Krishnamurti something of a Lucifarian twist!

Lucifarian!!! You mean the devil. I like that.

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise.

Seek what they sought.

-Basho

All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded to the individual.

----Albert Einstein.

Please understand what he said. He says that one ought to be detached from every organisation, sect or religion without blindly following them, and find out the truth for yourself, which is within you itself.

I do understand. I'm a great admirer of Krishnamurti. What I'm suggesting, though, is that his experience with Theosophy, and his thought process in deciding to walk away were essential in forming his later philosophy. Without that experience he would not have come to that later realization.

Back