Call For Unity

E

eergin

I hope for prosperity, happiness and peace for the new year. The development of mutual tolerance and understanding between members of the three religions and cooperation built on common values will be an important step capable of changing the world in 2004. I wish that all the religions may unite forces for love, peace, justice, happiness , good moral in 2004.

CALL FOR UNITY
LET US UNITE TOGETHER
LET US RALLY TO A COMMON PURPOSE

We are probably living in a period of time that the world mostly needs peace, friendship and justice. The 20th century's many regional conflicts and various acts of local violence, made it the most bloody century ever. And in 21st century they all continue. Innocent people struggle because of these conflicts and tension.

The world urgently needs solidarity and working together, but some enviroments’ encouraging conflicts and violences is a fact that may me thought about. It is really clear that it will be a great disaster if a civilisation conflict as these enviroments wish, occurs. The most important way to hinder such a disaster is that to strengthen the diolog and cooperation between civilizations. Besides this is not so difficult because there is not so many differences between Islam and the West. There are lots of common point of views of all the Jewish and Christian cultures those are the basis of Islamic and Western civilizations. To solve the problems in the world together will not be so difficult in the basis of these common point of views.

Today a mental struggle’s lasting and the world’s dividing into two is a reality. But Muslims, Jewishes and Christians are not the sides of these two sides. On one side of these two experts there are whom believe in existence and oneness of God and on the other side there are deniers. In other words, on one side there are whom that believe in the three theistic religions and on the other side there are whom that defend ideologies besides these religions. This is a living reality that some cooperations targeting religious and moral values, unite their wide opportunities and they act unanimously besides the religious people. There is only one way to inert this mental alliance, to remove the unfavourable and destructive results of these atheistic and materialist inspirations, to be the cause of societies with good moral, happiness, presence, safety, affluence: this is uniting all the sincerely believing Christians, religious Jewishes and Muslims for this common purpose.
There might be some conflicts, disagreements between members of these three theistic religions with various excuses, this is a historical reality. But these have not been because of the basis of Jewishness, Christianity and Islam, this is because of wrong conclusions and opinions of governments, communities and individual ferts, and mostly of economical, political benefits and expects. One common purpose of three religions is all the humans’ living in peace, presence and happiness. A conflict besides this is wrong for all three religions.

So a diolog and alliance built between religions is a natural result of justice and peace seeking of Christians, Jewishes and Muslims, and wish of beeing useful for humans. And this alliance will be one of the causes of the world’s reaching to presence and clarity in these times of us wating for Jesus’s coming back to the earth. All the realities we had told until now is that the members of all the three religions believe in existence and oneness of God, His creation of all the livings and the universe, must of their living according to revelation of God. The moral comprehension and ideal social model in the Old Testaments and in the Bible are likely with the Quran. Christian and Muslim belief have many aspects in common. Judaism too shares many beliefs with Islam.
Of course there are some basic belief differences besides these similarities. These belief differences had been reasons for discussions and conflicts and still are. But in a time of existence of atheist ideologies the simiralities of the three religions must be the foreground not the differences.

We can explain the necessity of to abandon making the differences a disagreement subject with an example as: Just after an earthquake or a torrent disaster, we can see the rescues. After a disaster all the people from different countries, belonging to different nations and religions, all join forces to rescue the wounded people instantly and make sacrifices. Besides in such times of difficulties, the countries give up their enmity. They unhesitatingly come to the countries’, affected from the disaster, aid. This is anyway what to do as a human.
Let’s imagine readily the position that the world societies are in: The world wide activities of the ideologies whose principles are atheism and materialism, social degeneration, moral depression, destitution, starvation, increasing badnesses, dispersed families, illegal operations, murders, struggles, wars, uneasinesses.

These and such badnesses certainly drag the world societies rapidly to physical and moral disasters. On the other hand atheist-materialist, destructive philosophies threaten the people’s not only the world lives but also the next world’s lives. All of these facts indicate that billions of living people have no difference from the victims of the disasters waiting for help.
Believing, sincere, conscientious and commonsensical Christians, Jewishes and Muslims may have a duty of helping one another against badnesses and evil, to propose a mental struggle, and work in cooperation and unity. This unity may be built on love, regard, tolerance, understanding, harmony and cooperation. This fact’s urgency may be realized, we may avoid from elements that are the reasons of quarrel, discussion and separation.
When we look at the Old Tastement and the New Tastement the basis of Christianity and the Quran, we can see that the best words and behaviours are advised.

So let us remove all the reasons of conflicts and struggles by telling them the religion values and morals. Let us show that there is no need for conflicts between different beliefs, by acting together a nd by our behaviours. Let us explain “God love” so that love, tolerance and mercy can spread out.
Certainly, calling for charities, to advice to do good and to keep away from badnesses, with the permission of God, can hope for liberation and eternal happiness.

Namaste,

thank you for the post.

you know... there are other religions that also adhere to your conception of God, such as the Baha'i faith for instance. perhaps you should consider modifying your position to include other faiths that adhere to the Abramhamic God.

as for the other religions.. i should point out that they are not destructive, though of course some are... though this is not unique to non-monotheistic traditions.

it seems that the generalized thrust of your post was to get the Christians, Jews and Muslims to unite to struggle against the atheistic religions, which you might say are Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Shinto, Bon, Native American Shamanism et al.

would that be a fair summary?

Greetings,

I understood the post the same way Vajradhara did... was that your point?

IMHO, even though the concept of uniting main occidental religions toward the same peaceful goal is praiseworthy, the other concept you refer to (3 religions vs the annoying other faiths or atheism) is much less defensible.

Seeing the world as all white or all black is a typical occidental point of view. You did make an effort against that ideology when you included three faiths working toward one goal, but why stop there when you could include all, everyone working the same way toward a common goal...

Also, Materialism can be an obstacle to peace but Atheism alone isn't... I think you're attacking the wrong target ...

Kal

Monotheistic hubris

I think Vaj hits the nail on its head:

it seems that the generalized thrust of your post was to get the Christians, Jews and Muslims to unite to struggle against the atheistic religions, which you might say are Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Shinto, Bon, Native American Shamanism et al.

In the monotheistic religions, it is logically built into the psychology of the adherents that theirs is the religion to oversee all others which are non-monotheistic.

If you are the only SuperPower and the mightiest in the history of mankind, wouldn't you have that same psychology -- and often to the utter misery and disaster for the rest of mankind.

Susma Rio Sep

it is logically built into the psychology of the adherents that theirs is the religion to oversee all others which are non-monotheistic.
hmmm. this particular monotheist doesn't have it built into his. quite apart from the incoherent syntax, grammar and spelling of the original post, i am bound to wonder why the poster thought it was a sensible place to post it. not that i approve of every single system of belief, but if anyone wants to "unite against" hindus, buddhists, taoists, neo-pagans and so on, they will get the sharp end of my tongue. sheesh.

b'shalom

bananabrain

trolling?

i wonder if this is our first drive by posting?

i would appreciate it if the OP would respond to some of the points raised in the discussion...

Vajradhara said:

i would appreciate it if the OP would respond to some of the points raised in the discussion...

Vaj, this is one very rare instance that I seem to detect some dis-equanimity from your Buddhistic serenity.

In my case I usually discuss until I am clear about what precisely are the positions of a poster when he does make his positions lucidly.

But I try my best not to lose my equanimity, by an attitude of It's easier to move mountains than to influence a man's mind.

Susma Rio Sep

Originally posted by bananabrain
not that i approve of every single system of belief, but if anyone wants to "unite against" hindus, buddhists, taoists, neo-pagans and so on, they will get the sharp end of my tongue. sheesh.

b'shalom

bananabrain
And I'll be joining the Rabinically challenged one in giving said poster a piece of my mind (which I really can't spare, but I'll try to. ;))

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hello,

I may be misreading you, so please let me know if I am. What this sounds like to me is "C'mon Christians, Muslims and Jewish people, let's all get together and play nice. We have lots in common, after all. We shouldn't be fighting each other. Our real enemy is those Other People (atheists, agnostics and other religions)." Along with that seems to be the asumption that anyone who does not belong to an Abramic religion is materialistic, atheist, and against Abramic religions and what they stand for.

Could you perhaps clarify?

World council of religions and churches

I seem to have read about some people organizing a world council of religions and churches where everyone is invited to join, even people without religion whatever or claim to be without any, and even those people who are explicitly hostile to religion.

I think that is a very good move.

No offense to the monotheistic God of the Judaists, Christians, and Muslims, I think it is about time to put it very brutally that God and the anti- God, however you want to understand either, in their followers get together to work out a new version of the 'dispensation' for mankind.

Anything that can bring each man to an effective understanding that before everything else we are all members of the same species is healthy and ennoble for mankind.

Susma Rio Sep

Susma Rio Sep said:
I seem to have read about some people organizing a world council of religions and churches where everyone is invited to join, even people without religion whatever or claim to be without any, and even those people who are explicitly hostile to religion.

I think that is a very good move.

No offense to the monotheistic God of the Judaists, Christians, and Muslims, I think it is about time to put it very brutally that God and the anti- God, however you want to understand either, in their followers get together to work out a new version of the 'dispensation' for mankind.

Anything that can bring each man to an effective understanding that before everything else we are all members of the same species is healthy and ennoble for mankind.

Susma Rio Sep

I like your post Susma.

Overview: There are three religions that have something in common with each other.

And if I can take it a step farther, "If there are three, then maybe there are more."

"The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established," Baha'u'llah

The unity of all religions are important, and since three religions have found common ground. Maybe all the religions of the world can find a common ground.

I think the "world council of religions and churches" that you are refering to took place in the early 1990's and 100 years previous. There has been only two gathers. I know the one in the early 1990's took place in Chicago.

Unityin Diversity
Sassafras

Councils are ongoing...

As a matter of fact, all the Internet forums on religion, as the present one, are in effect ongoing councils of religion where people of religion of any kind and people without any get together to talk, not to shout at each other. Many things are achieved by talking than by other means.

My exhortation in such councils is that we all talk without resorting to the vocabulary associated with the orifices and functions of the lower groin region -- but no discredit to these functions and orifices which are most noble in their less glamourous chores.

Susma Rio Sep

Vajradhara said:

Yes, Vaj, I think we should leave the poor guy alone. Criticizing his grammar, syntax, etc. (not you, Vaj) is not an answer to anything.

He's waiting for Jesus to return but he seems to believe that Moslems and Jews are checking out the skies along with him. He seems to mean well but like many I'm a little concerned about his view of those who don't belong to the three ring club.

Peace and Love?
Pilgram

Credit where credit is due.

Pilgram said:
Yes, Vaj, I think we should leave the poor guy alone. Criticizing his grammar, syntax, etc. (not you, Vaj) is not an answer to anything.

He's waiting for Jesus to return but he seems to believe that Moslems and Jews are checking out the skies along with him. He seems to mean well but like many I'm a little concerned about his view of those who don't belong to the three ring club.

Peace and Love?
Pilgram
I think the original OP deserves the credit of conviction.

If you assume certain premises, monotheism is the most sensibly logical of religions.

The problem among monotheists is that being human as they are they cannot possibly prescind from the logical consequences of their God as they would philosophicallly conceive Him, meaning He would not care less about what his adoring fans are concerned about -- but they do prescind...

I am myself a believer in a monotheistic God, but I try not to garb Him in human postures and costumes.

Susma Rio Sep

Back