What Has Jesus Done For You?

What He has done and continues to do is to teach me to love and forgive. He heals me and encourages me in the healing of others. He answers the question that is like a splinter in my mind...

Yes. Yes He is, and yes He does. He "walks with me and He talks with me..." and I am glad you asked because I was going to say something like that anyway. And I believe He likes music, too. ;)

InPeace,
InLove

Cool! This is what I'm trying to get at. I was wondering, you know, if a person has a "personal relationship" with Jesus how that actually feels. I mean, Jesus is there to comfort and chastise if you need it I guess, or he helps one to have humility or whatever, but what about when you're on the even keel and things are good, as I would think they should be if one has the walk going the right way? How does the personal relationship work on the sunny side? If one is following Paul's advice to think about, or be passionate about things that are good, lovely, and of good report, enjoying those kinds of wholesome and fun things, I would think that Jesus would be seriously down with, and want to participate in that, wouldn't he?

Chris

So, aside from Wil, Mark, Laurie, Donna, Deb, and Leo- I guess Jesus hasn't done anything for anyone else, eh?

Chris

Would you say Jesus (or G-d) has done anything for you Chris? I'm not being facetious, just curious.

I don't have a personal relationship with Jesus. I dig the Logos and I don't know what to do with Jesus. I heard he gets out stains, so maybe he could help with the laundry.

Chris

Whiter than snow?

Yeah, and summer fresh!

Is Jesus hard to talk about? I'm getting that sense. Maybe that kind of personal relationship is too hard to pin down and explain. Or maybe Jesus is more of a door man at God's big hotel. You know, he gets you in but the party is God's... kinda thing Or not.

Chris

I think it's definitely G-d's show. I mean the whole point is to prove to the universe that, given free will, people will actually choose him (and thus proove Satan incorrect).

Jesus' mission is (imo) to facilitate that, to pay our debt and to answer for us in G-d's trial.

So I'm grateful to G-d for making the plan of salvation and grateful for Jesus' sacrifice which G-d arranged.

It's easier for me to talk about G-d because there's way more information about Him (OT and NT) and because my character identifies more easily with the awsomeness and sterness of Him in addition to His mercy. I perceive Him as a very high vibration of golden light waves of power and it's His voice I hear. I'm not saying He is that - it's just how I percieve it.

Jesus feels like a flood of peace and love and forgiveness. Like an soothing emotional bath or something.

When I'm doing the right thing, I feel G-d and the Holy Spirit with me. And when I fall, G-d chides and Jesus is right there to catch me and He and The Holy Spirit help me get back on track.

(thoughts out loud...)

p.s. Pardon any odd word associations. It's sometimes hard to find words for emotional things.

OK, this is what I'm wondering: Jesus, when he wears his ceremonial head dress with all the big feathers at the Big Three, is the co-creator and sustainer of the universe isn't he not? And a function of his sustaining office is the plan of salvation, yes? So, once you're saved, aren't you supposed to be, like, helping Jesus out over at the Ministry of Plans and Development? Isn't the point of the agape to be helping Jesus make everything work harmoniously for the glory of God? Maybe in that sense Jesus is like a union organizer.

Chris

OK, this is what I'm wondering: Jesus, when he wears his ceremonial head dress with all the big feathers
I don't see Him with a hat.
at the Big Three, is the co-creator and sustainer of the universe isn't he not?
Yes, yes He is.
And a function of his sustaining office is the plan of salvation, yes? So, once you're saved, aren't you supposed to be, like, helping Jesus out over at the Ministry of Plans and Development? Isn't the point of the agape to be helping Jesus make everything work harmoniously for the glory of God? Maybe in that sense Jesus is like a union organizer.

Chris

Um...yeah, I guess so. Not that He needs help. What are the dues?

So, aside from Wil, Mark, Laurie, Donna, Deb, and Leo- I guess Jesus hasn't done anything for anyone else, eh?

Chris

I am very good friends with Jesus. All my life I have known of him, but it really amazed me at what happened when I took him seriously enough to develop a give and take relationship with him.

But it isn't just what Jesus has done for me (peace of mind, well being, love, joy, peace, etc.), what is more important (you know, more blessed to give than to receive) is what I do for Him. Besides the basic stuff, I think what really does it for Him is when we sit still and listen.

Karen

Hey Mark,

Isn't the whole point that God does need the help? How is he going to win his bet with Satan if we don't cooperate? Jesus the used car salesman perhaps...

Chris

Hey Mark,

Isn't the whole point that God does need the help? How is he going to win his bet with Satan if we don't cooperate? Jesus the used car salesman perhaps...

Chris

I meant Jesus doesn't need help (imo) doing his Logos and Savior things. G-d needs our cooperation to make the plan work, yes.

But it isn't just what Jesus has done for me (peace of mind, well being, love, joy, peace, etc.), what is more important (you know, more blessed to give than to receive) is what I do for Him. Besides the basic stuff, I think what really does it for Him is when we sit still and listen.

Karen

What does Jesus want us to do? How can we be the light of the world? How does that work? What does it seek to accomplish?

Chris

What does Jesus want us to do? How can we be the light of the world? How does that work? What does it seek to accomplish?

Chris

Read His word, pray, believe, follow instructions...

Do not be afraid to tell people to read His word, pray, believe, follow instructions...
Realize that following the worldly way of doing things accomplishes nothing, therefore Read His word, pray, believe, follow instructions...

It accomplishes a good relationship with God.

Last edited:
What kind of instructions? Just Bible stuff, or a more personal plan that he works out with one on an individual basis?

Chris

What kind of instructions? Just Bible stuff, or a more personal plan that he works out with one on an individual basis?

Chris

You didn't get a list?!:p

Seriously, there is fellowship with fellow believers glorifying God (not hanging out with friends watching football or whatever) and regular spiritual nourishment. Church is a good way to accomplish both of these. As for a personal plan, that's between you and God. "Bible stuff" stands on its own.

Back