What Has Jesus Done For You?

Reaction score
I was looking over the threads here and on Christianity, and I must say that you all have become a bunch of pathetic sad sacks. I'm seeing a lot of stuff about hell and judgment and not much building up and fellowship. So I was wondering if anyone would like to take a break and talk about what Jesus has done for them in their life.

Anyone?

Chris

Welcome back my brother....and you should be more selective in your reading...

To me Jesus blazes another path, a choice different from the one I chose for years.

I used to look at the religious nuts, and those that didn't party at the drop of a hat...and wonder...why...and how?? Who would wanna be like that??

Well now I would. I prefer sober, I prefer monogamy, I prefer serving, I prefer being compassionate, conscientious....and when I slip and when I'm not...I don't like me as well.

Now don't get me wrong...I still have one foot or more firmly planted in the material capitalistic society of which I belong...but I am now more give than take, more do than layabout....and I attribute that to my elder brother and wayshower...

Excellent! Is it a WWJD thing, or how exactly does Jesus show the way? What I take from Jesus' philosophy is that faith means believing that one person's right action does make a difference. Sometimes I forget, though.

Chris

Is it a WWJD thing, or how exactly does Jesus show the way?
It is a WWJD thing and the weird thing is that many used to look at me and say WWWD!! I was the king negotiator to some, and when they were in a dilemma in a car or hotel negotiation or with a problem customer, client or vendor they would say WWWD? I was largely though an ass, on the wrong side of right, and never negotiated win/win.

Now instead of being a bulldozer I am a willow tree...and those can deal with me as I am rooted...sit under me, blow around me, climb aboard...but I am rooted in my principles...I'll sway but not budge...I still negotiate but from a very different place...

And WWJD comes up often...

Jesus has done nothing for me in my life. I am the only one who can take control of my life, and I find it kind of silly to give any power over my life to anyone other than myself.
I am the doer of my actions, heir of my actions, born of my actions, related by my actions, and am dependant on my actions. Whatever actions I do, for good or evil, to that I will fall heir.

Jesus has done nothing for me in my life. I am the only one who can take control of my life, and I find it kind of silly to give any power over my life to anyone other than myself.
I am the doer of my actions, heir of my actions, born of my actions, related by my actions, and am dependant on my actions. Whatever actions I do, for good or evil, to that I will fall heir.

Nothing? Not an interesting thought (positive or negative), not a guilty giggle? Not something symbolic to push back against? Jesus has made zero impact on your life? He hasn't provided you with at least a handy cuss word?

Chris

I suppose he did give me a handy cuss word. I admit I use it very often but I don't think he gave me that so much as my father did, that is where i heard it first.

I suppose he did give me a handy cuss word. I admit I use it very often but I don't think he gave me that so much as my father did, that is where i heard it first.

:)

Reminds me of Bill Cosby saying he grew up thinking his name was Jesus Christ, and his brother's was Goddammit!

Chris

I was looking over the threads here and on Christianity, and I must say that you all have become a bunch of pathetic sad sacks. I'm seeing a lot of stuff about hell and judgment and not much building up and fellowship. So I was wondering if anyone would like to take a break and talk about what Jesus has done for them in their life.

Anyone?

Chris

lol thanks for the knock upside the head.. :eek:

What has Jesus done for me? He has taught me that I probably wouldnt recognize Him if He walked into my church with dirty feet torn clothes and unwashed hair.. I wouldnt invite Him to sit next to me as I sang songs of worship because he didnt bother bathing before he showed up in this house of prayer.. I probably would tell Him i couldnt give Him a ride in my car because He looked like a crazy man and He might kill me and I certainly couldnt spare any change because He would just buy booze.

Yeah.

In addition to creating me and this lovely world, Jesus has given me the assurance that, despite my failings, I can turn again to Him any time, just as I am, and start over again with a clean record. That's a good thing because I fall short so often.

He kept watch over me when I tried not to believe in Him and kept me alive and well, gently drawing me back. His endless love wraps around me like a warm blanket, reminding me to keep loving others instead of getting bogged down in "vain janglings".

Thanks G-d!

Love,
Mark

In addition to creating me and this lovely world, Jesus has given me the assurance that, despite my failings, I can turn again to Him any time, just as I am, and start over again with a clean record. That's a good thing because I fall short so often.

He kept watch over me when I tried not to believe in Him and kept me alive and well, gently drawing me back. His endless love wraps around me like a warm blanket, reminding me to keep loving others instead of getting bogged down in "vain janglings".

Thanks G-d!

Love,
Mark

Thats awesome. I love how He does that.

Me too! You actually have to swim against the current not to be drawn into His love.

what has Christ done for me?

Luke 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
He showed me not to be a coward like this guy.
Luke 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
He showed me to fear God like this man.
Luke 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
He showed me that we should answer for our sins and recognize the Christ's sacrifice for mankind.
Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
He showed me how to humble myself to Him and hope that He remembers me, even when i don't deserve to be remembered.
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
He showed me how to cry.
Peace be upon you all and God bless you.

Thanks for the really fresh replies! Do any of you feel like Jesus is always along for the ride, kind of like a buddy in your head, or do you have to go somewhere to pick Jesus up? Is Jesus someone who enjoys a good time? Like, if you were doing something fun does that please Jesus? Does he help you have more fun? Does he help with the household chores as well? Does Jesus enjoy mowing the lawn and planting flowers and stuff?

Chris

High fives and wrestlin in the grass, but has a great look when one heads astray in thought or deed...

Helps all the time, quietly, in the background...

Every now and then dropping amazing jewels into your head...

China Cat Sunflower said:
Do any of you feel like Jesus is always along for the ride, kind of like a buddy in your head, or do you have to go somewhere to pick Jesus up? Is Jesus someone who enjoys a good time? Like, if you were doing something fun does that please Jesus? Does he help you have more fun? Does he help with the household chores as well? Does Jesus enjoy mowing the lawn and planting flowers and stuff?

Yes. Yes He is, and yes He does. He "walks with me and He talks with me..." and I am glad you asked because I was going to say something like that anyway. And I believe He likes music, too. ;)

InPeace,
InLove

Thanks for the really fresh replies! Do any of you feel like Jesus is always along for the ride, kind of like a buddy in your head, or do you have to go somewhere to pick Jesus up? Is Jesus someone who enjoys a good time? Like, if you were doing something fun does that please Jesus? Does he help you have more fun? Does he help with the household chores as well? Does Jesus enjoy mowing the lawn and planting flowers and stuff?

Chris

You know.. I have a running conversation with Him in my head. I find myself having more fun doing things that I know He would approve of.

My pastor told of a story of a man that was dying and pastor would go to pray with him and there was always this one chair sitting in a certain spot. One day he asked the man who came to visit him and sat in that chair. The dying man said that was Jesus's chair.. whenever he wanted to talk to Jesus he would talk to the chair and it helped him to personalize Jesus. This touched my pastor deeply especially one day when he went to pray with this man and this man had passed away kneeling on the floor with his head on the chair.

I don't really think of Jesus as telling me stuff. I always imagine it's Father G-d talking in my head, telling me what's right and wrong, explaining things, etc. I know they're the same, but in my head it's G-d that says stuff.

I don't think of the Holy Spirit as talking. He's just kinda there.

But when I call on G-d to save me or forgive me, it seems like Jesus that is there in a flash. He's the comforting, loving one.

I know this is just human perception, but that's how I see it...

G-d instructs, disciplines and forgives, the Holy Spirit inspires and Jesus loves.

Back